What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Firstly ask hindy or Ram on the rules.
Secondly, how is this trying to work it both ways? It’s not black and white. Sure he probably played in Dogs juniors. He also played in Eels juniors. Do players solely have to stay in one system to be included? We’d have shit all and not just in recent times then. And the famed Smugfa nursery would be also be a lot thinner.
I’m happy to exclude Klemmer and Gallen because I don’t think they ever actually played in Eels system (I might be wrong) thus why they moved.

Imo. Its whoever unearths them. Id count Guhterson as one of ours. Manly didn't have that much faith in him and let him go cheap. Same goes for N.Brown, Niakuore,Papalì.....

strider

Post Whore
Imo. Its whoever unearths them. Id count Guhterson as one of ours. Manly didn't have that much faith in him and let him go cheap. Same goes for N.Brown, Niakuore,Papalì.....
I tend to think its whatever club transitions them into NRL level .... Moses is a Tiger, Jnr is an Eel, Mahoney is an Eel ... Matto is a Rooster - he is a libe ball one tho cos he went alost all the way with us - similar with Gutho, he is an Eel cos we got him across the line but line ball Sea Eagle

Gazzamatta

Coach
I tend to think its whatever club transitions them into NRL level .... Moses is a Tiger, Jnr is an Eel, Mahoney is an Eel ... Matto is a Rooster - he is a libe ball one tho cos he went alost all the way with us - similar with Gutho, he is an Eel cos we got him across the line but line ball Sea Eagle
I don't think Mahoney ever played first grade at our Eels.

IFR33K

Coach
No he's not and neither are Gallen or Keary. Just because a kid lives or even plays in the district doesn't mean that NRL club is entitled to the player.

It doesn't work both ways. Matterson has never been affiliated with the Dogs. We poached him into our junior system and then he signed a senior contract with the Roosters.

When matterson is asked what’s his junior club, he’ll answer Bankstown bulls. Saying he’s our junior has as much merit to saying Inglis is a qld’er. Just because someone has stated a rule of eligibility, it doesn’t mean it’s right.

klemmers family were associated with a junior club within the parra district, and they always referred to him a parra junior that got poached.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Bankstown Bulls aren't an NRL club though, even if they are affiliated with one. It's got nothing to do with eligibility either. Kids are free to sign with whichever NRL club wants to recruit them into their junior system.

84 Baby

Referee
When matterson is asked what’s his junior club, he’ll answer Bankstown bulls. Saying he’s our junior has as much merit to saying Inglis is a qld’er. Just because someone has stated a rule of eligibility, it doesn’t mean it’s right.

klemmers family were associated with a junior club within the parra district, and they always referred to him a parra junior that got poached.
It doesn’t need to be black and white FFS! Surely when we talking about junior development it means over years not one specific point in time? It’s got nothing to do with rep eligibility rules or who the player would declare allegiance to. It’s whether the club played some part in developing them whilst they were a junior.

Now there’s an argument for level of involvement leading to being an NRL player, so players like Klemmer/Gallen can be discounted but then there’s players like AFB who spent time with a bunch of junior systems. It’d be almost impossible to determine which had the greater impact on development. But then it doesn’t matter which one was the best, just whether any in particular had significant impact I.e. if the player doesn’t spend a year at X club perhaps he doesn’t learn a certain skill that makes him successful when he moves to the next system

Avenger

Immortal
With Flanagan now missing out on the Sharks gig expect him to be linked with our club if we lose again this weekend. His media mates are ready.

Also it has been reported on social media that his son is very unhappy at the Dogs.