What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimmy the junk

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Why did we sign this useless, lazy waste of space? Did we notice him on one of our visits to rehab clinics and think “geez we need a centre he’ll do”? Last burned anyone in about 2017 and the only thing he’s burned since has been the shard.

And we still have mong fans still hailing him as being Jimmy the Jet. He’s about as effective and quick as slamming Sam Harris or Kyle Lovett in the centres. He’s f**king pathetic

First cows try on the weekend says it all about him. As soon as they make the line break he is jogging in tow. When the ball is kicked he starts to actually run for about 8 steps before realising he wasn’t getting near it and stops. If he actually put effort into the chase he probably stops the try, or at least makes it difficult.

another try he flew out of the line and brushed the arm of the tryscorer before shooting JO daggers.

Had Leilua not been concussed I think Madge would have dragged him at halftime.

Momo played a great game on Saturday
Tigers sent him to the Storm and most knew he'd come back with an education, so what did the 'brains trust' do? shafted him for someone who has been given a chance at 6 clubs now and then don't even play to his supposed strength.

Stryker, not only did Momo have a good game, have you seen how good Matt Eisenhuth has looked at the Panthers as well.

Would have been nice to hang out another year for Laurie and keep Momo, but we desperately needed someone who could be a good fullback. I would have liked to have seen us trade Talau out instead. You don't let a guy go who scored something like 19 tries from 25 games and could goalkick as well. Momo was always going to go to the next level outside the likes of Luai/Cleary.

Eisenhuth was always going to look good at Penrith. He was a workhorse at Wests as well. He was that guy who would make 30+ tackles and run for 100m a game. Not a game buster by any means but an honest toiler. He does what Aaron Woods does for a fraction of the price.

Wizardman

First Grade
The vast majority of fans supported this decision to buy Roberts so Im not going to bag the club on this one as he is on small cash. We have seen over and over again that sometimes players just need a change of scenery in order to regain some form. In a team such as Souths, he only scored two tries in his second stint there. I know tries are not everything but you'd think a guy with Roberts tools should do a bit better. Souths let him go for a reason.

Roberts fitness has a big question mark over it. If he is not first grade fit, than he cannot be in the team...full stop.

His defence and desire in defence is a huge concern. A Roberts/Nofo combo is looking like an absolute disaster at the moment defensively. Nofo's form on both sides of the ball has been not upto scratch.....might be worth pairing him up with BJ again.

I'd consider putting Roberts on the wing. He has played there before, he'll have more room out there and less defensive decisions to make out there. A thing to consider with him.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
The vast majority of fans supported this decision to buy Roberts so Im not going to bag the club on this one as he is on small cash. We have seen over and over again that sometimes players just need a change of scenery in order to regain some form. In a team such as Souths, he only scored two tries in his second stint there. I know tries are not everything but you'd think a guy with Roberts tools should do a bit better. Souths let him go for a reason.

Roberts fitness has a big question mark over it. If he is not first grade fit, than he cannot be in the team...full stop.

His defence and desire in defence is a huge concern. A Roberts/Nofo combo is looking like an absolute disaster at the moment defensively. Nofo's form on both sides of the ball has been not upto scratch.....might be worth pairing him up with BJ again.

I'd consider putting Roberts on the wing. He has played there before, he'll have more room out there and less defensive decisions to make out there. A thing to consider with him.
Roberts was on an a podcast with Jake Duke saying he cant play wing or fullback because he is not great under the high ball. He was joking about it.

In the same podcast they talk around some stuff that happened to Roberts as a child that makes you think he has more important things to worry about than playing NRL. Wherever he ends up I hope he is happy. He's drawn a shitty hand no doubt about it.

Wizardman

First Grade
Roberts was on an a podcast with Jake Duke saying he cant play wing or fullback because he is not great under the high ball. He was joking about it.

In the same podcast they talk around some stuff that happened to Roberts as a child that makes you think he has more important things to worry about than playing NRL. Wherever he ends up I hope he is happy. He's drawn a shitty hand no doubt about it.
Yep, I absolutely feel for the guy. Wing seems ideal for where he is at the moment but the high ball is a crucial part of that job description.
It is tough with Jimmy but we have to do the best for our side.

Tiger05

First Grade
Stryker, not only did Momo have a good game, have you seen how good Matt Eisenhuth has looked at the Panthers as well.

You shouldn't be overrating them. They are in the best team in the comp atm and they appear well coached. They both were also good players for us.

He shouldn't be called a junkie. Dude is trying to turn his life around. Rude merkins.

I reckon the guy is trying too hard. He has never been a good defender. He just makes bad reads at times. He isn't getting any quality ball. If we get him some quality ball he will tear it up.

Perth Tiger

Bench
we signed him up for basically minimum wage for 1 year, we have no centres and everyone new it was a 50/50 proposition whether he could get his form back or not.

It was a gamble that we had to take and it is hard to be too critical of the club or Roberts if it doesn't turn out, particularly as others have pointed out, in his case footy probably aint as important as his mental health.

Plus it might help if we actually pass him the ball, I could count the number of times on 1 hand where we have passed him the ball with space in front of him, if we aren't going to utilise his strengths then what is the point.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
While Pascoe was courting Roberts we dropped the ball on JAC and god knows how many other potential signings. Just shows how poorly this club is run from the top.

The Rosco

Bench
I logged on to see which rubbish Jimmy they were talking about. Roberts or Tamou.
Then halfway through typing in my password. I worked out that it don't matter which Jimmy is the subject.
They are both disappointing.

Vozzy

Juniors
I know Roberts hasn't set the world on fire but some of that poor defense was due to both nofo running in and Joe Off missing his assignments next to Roberts. Also Roberts isn't getting early ball but he is at least in the middle looking for work. As much as they look bad the forwards were getting rolled in that first half which cause the overlaps. That performance on Sunday is hard to pin point on one player.

gordsy

Juniors
Eisenhuth looks good when panthers have other blokes who dominate and get them going forward, we don't. I would look good at the Panthers. That's why Tamous doesn't look anywhere near as good as well with us. This is also why that talk of us signing one gun prop to change everything is moronic.
When we signing three hard working forwards then we will do better.

He is a while gone now but I was a big fan of Luke Stuart from the bunnies, give me four of him and our pack becomes monumentally better.