What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Raiders - Team List Tuesday - The Papalii Papali'i Cup

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We’ve won in recent years against the storm. We haven’t beaten Canberra in Canberra in a long time. Hopefully they’re up to it.

we have pretty much only defeated the storm when they were low on troops.

Can’t remember the last time we defeated the storm basically at full strength.......

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we have pretty much only defeated the storm when they were low on troops.

Can’t remember the last time we defeated the storm basically at full strength.......
That's because at full strength they have a better team than us. If they play their best it doesn't matter how well we play. We will lose.

eels_fan

First Grade
That's because at full strength they have a better team than us. If they play their best it doesn't matter how well we play. We will lose.

thankfully you only have to beat a team on how they play on the day, which even for the storm is generally not “their best”. If we’re honest if the storm always played to “their best” they’d have won the last 10 premierships

hindy111

Post Whore
Making a call on an entire season on the basis of one game in April is either very brave or very foolhardy.

That's why you use power rankings and sports science.
I've never seen our side under BA improve as the year goes on. Generally however good they are in rnd one is how they play in rnd 26.
I don't think we will get within 20 points of the top sides in a finals match.

eels_fan

First Grade
We need a strong performance on Saturday, I wouldn’t be crazy disappointed if we lost in a close well fought match though.

The top 6 shouldn’t be losing home games to fellow challengers. They are the games they should be most up for.

5 from 6 would be tremendous.
4 from 6 would still be great. A 4 from 6 average in each quarter of the comp gets you to 32 points which will firmly have you in the 8

hindy111

Post Whore

And that's why a coach has to use shock tactics. You increase the risk and spam up to 75% high risk footy.
It is either that or use the BA style. Compete for 25 then have your pants pulled down and lose by 18.

I'd rather shock tactics. You may lose by 40 but could jag a win

IFR33K

Coach
Grow the f**k up. If you don’t want someone to respond to your garbage, don’t post it

Sorry mate. Next time I post I’ll try and include more of;

BA is the perfect coach and perfect fit for parra

BA’s recruitment has been exceptional

BA is flawless

BA has made the team mentally tough.

BA has an exceptional record, especially in finals

And if I ever have a differing opinion to any of that, I’ll be sure to pm you my post, to seek your approval.

eels_fan

First Grade
I've never seen our side under BA improve as the year goes on. Generally however good they are in rnd one is how they play in rnd 26.

I think that’s a big call to make after 5 weeks.

while I understand the trepidation, when was the last time we came into a new season with such a stable team 1-13. Stability in the off-season I think is crucial for improvement. We can really only judge when we get to the pointy end

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

thinking losing 4 from the first 6 in 2017 then making the top 4 may indicate improvement during the season....

Losing 7 from the first 13 games on 2019 then winning 8 from 11 to finish the season may even indicate improvement too.....

IFR33K

Coach
I think that’s a big call to make after 5 weeks.

while I understand the trepidation, when was the last time we came into a new season with such a stable team 1-13. Stability in the off-season I think is crucial for improvement. We can really only judge when we get to the pointy end

He could mean that the eels don’t lift when it matters. They play consistently at one level, where other teams rise to the occasion

IFR33K

Coach

It comes down to having a piss weak mentality. We haven’t won down there since 2006. Are they magically a better team than us, as soon as we travel there? Much like the finals under BA. We are beat before a ball is kicked. This is the issue BA needs to address. Not sure why the nuttt huggers are getting cut!

84 Baby

Referee
Sorry mate. Next time I post I’ll try and include more of;

BA is the perfect coach and perfect fit for parra

BA’s recruitment has been exceptional

BA is flawless

BA has made the team mentally tough.

BA has an exceptional record, especially in finals

And if I ever have a differing opinion to any of that, I’ll be sure to pm you my post, to seek your approval.
Perhaps you should. I get having a whinge and all but yours are boringly about the same old made up shit. Perhaps if I have a differing opinion I’ll PM you first so you have time to take it personally then have more time to construct better counter arguments

Latest posts