What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

Kylez3

Juniors
Norman was absolutely dreadful, especially on 5th tackle. McCollouch repeatedly kept choosing to pass left to Norman's side so he deserves some criticism too.

st.phil

Bench
Warriors better. Can’t blame the ref when our attack was toothless & Dufty gifted them a try.

Clune was found out in defence and offered very little in attack, I worry what the Chooks will do to him next week.
Hunt in the pregame says he’ll be back next week

kit66

Bench
Well now hook has the opportunity to not worry about loyalty but rather put the best team on the field to play the Roosters on ANZAC Day:
Fullback - Dufty made some very costly errors today
Left wing - Ramsey is fine
Left centre - Max Feagai it's time
Right centre - Lomax is fine
Right wing - Ravalawa is fine
Five eighth - Norman no more short drop outs
Halfback - Bird if Hunt is not ready
Lock - Fui
Left edge - Sims
Right edge - Kerr
Left prop - Vaughan
Hooker - McCullough
Right prop - McGuire

Bench
Alvaro
Lawrie
Ellis
Ford / Burns

All Hook needs to do is make sure he never starts Merrin at prop ever again. 3 runs for 30 metres isn't helping anyone. Why we didn't start with Alvaro is beyond me and we could have had Poasa on the bench who would have lifted against the club he played for last year, instead of Burns.
We all love Ramsey but there's guys in reserves making double the metres he's making. Max Feagai in a side that copped a right flogging on the weekend ( 42 - 6 ) still managed 161 metres, 99 pcm's, 5 tackle breaks and Sauni-esau and Periera weren't far behind. It wasn't our backs that were missing the tackles either it was a very poor forward pack.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I'm thinking was I the only one who saw it like this.....

If it weren't St. George...

Dufty grounded the ball to diffuse the try - through one red and one white eye I reckon he did enough to have called that grounded in any other game
Ramsey to Bird was a knock back - well at least it was level, Ive seen them given.
McCullough got that ball down the same way as Gutherson did last week
Ref would have called at least 3 restarts against Warriors in the last 10 minutes alone - he didnt hesitate giving them in the 1st half, mostly against us.
Warriors would have made at least 1 frickn error in 80 minutes! Congrats to them.

Not taking it away from Brown's boys, they showed guts and plenty of talent. We were about only 70% of what we were last week. Many on here are despairing, I think it was ok but obviously would have loved to keep the roll on going.

The short kick off was not the reason we lost this, they were coming for us anyway. The first one that worked changed the momentum of the game for us.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Warriors played very well. Dragons were a bit tired after last week but could’ve and probably should’ve won it. The short drop out cost them. McGuire is a gun player. Ah well...spewing...glad to see them playing well.

SEAT 1A

Bench

What?

Only 500 tkts left and the total attendance was 11,200.

There is something wrong here.

When the the hill has a good coverage end to end and the seats behind the hospital end has good attendance, there were more than 11,000 people.

Stuffed if I know what going on however, it doesn't add up.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm thinking was I the only one who saw it like this.....

If it weren't St. George...

Dufty grounded the ball to diffuse the try - through one red and one white eye I reckon he did enough to have called that grounded in any other game
Ramsey to Bird was a knock back - well at least it was level, Ive seen them given.
McCullough got that ball down the same way as Gutherson did last week
Ref would have called at least 3 restarts against Warriors in the last 10 minutes alone - he didnt hesitate giving them in the 1st half, mostly against us.
Warriors would have made at least 1 frickn error in 80 minutes! Congrats to them.

Not taking it away from Brown's boys, they showed guts and plenty of talent. We were about only 70% of what we were last week. Many on here are despairing, I think it was ok but obviously would have loved to keep the roll on going.

The short kick off was not the reason we lost this, they were coming for us anyway. The first one that worked changed the momentum of the game for us.

Just on Ramsey I am not convinced we are utilising him properly. I don't know what exactly but he is having a quiet patch, don't know if it is about positioning or opposition doing their homework. Obviously he is doing a great deal of bomb defusal which nullifies space he is given. One thing for sure that needs to change now is to stop using him as hit up man. That is just dumb especially when you have Dufty another featherweight doing 33% of the kick returns. Bird and Rava look great but back to the drawing board for use of Ramsey.

TruSaint

Referee
What?

Only 500 tkts left and the total attendance was 11,200.

There is something wrong here.

When the the hill has a good coverage end to end and the seats behind the hospital end has good attendance, there were more than 11,000 people.

Stuffed if I know what going on however, it doesn't add up.

That was the max under current restrictions.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Dragons of old. No line speed. Norman just not reading the play in attack. Can't read numbers. No game vision.
Well now hook has the opportunity to not worry about loyalty but rather put the best team on the field to play the Roosters on ANZAC Day:
Lock - Fui
Left edge - Sims
Right edge - Kerr
Left prop - Vaughan
Hooker - McCullough
Right prop - McGuire

Bench
Alvaro
Lawrie
Ellis
Ford / Burns

Agree Possm

There has to be more rotation to avoid burnout - which was partially evident -& due- today.
Alvaro looked cooked & Linespeed was Waterboy era
quality, as was the crazy one-off running.
Offloads? Hmmm

Speedwiss the game has passed Merrin by.

Bird (until Bud enters the fray)
& Hunt in the halves Possm would improve our attack next week -

as will Max in the line, as you suggest

Bird (who needs more of the ball) should transition
to the forwards in the next few weeks to help stifle dummyhalf running, offer more linebreak options to Duff & others & partner Josh in a dash of mongrel.
Alvaro was just getting the sympathetic pat on the head by the opposition.
No fear factor there
Try doing that to
Jack
Josh
or JDB

Jack will gain quicker metres up the centre alongside Fui - to compensate for our 9’s relative & known sluggishness

Bird 96kg
Radley 92kg

Join the dots?

Teams need 4 forwards on the bench at this stage of the year - especially with the new rules.

Williame was always Hook’s brainfart mistake this year - with Fui always able to cover a backline injury

We paid the price in fatigue today

Even so the ref screwed us over

- and he must’ve decided pregame that he wasn’t going to be perceived to be responding positively to a raucous home crowd
... so he leant towards the visitors - in an atrocious display,

Cody’s tapback was a clear try
...and ain’t he building nicely.

Well done so far boys
Proud of you!

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Bit of a boring game tbh, frustrating live.
Not what I was expecting.

Was a frustrating game. Dufty and Kerr both made 3 big errors each which was the difference. That's a lot of errors from two individuals. I'm sure the coach will let them know it. RTS and Nikorima looked threatening for much of the game. Can't say the same for our halves or fullback who were just okay.

I just think it is really important we keep perspective. Hook is doing great things, far exceeding my expectations. Personally I find the loss a lot easier to take and I believe he has pinpointed the issue - gifting easy points - as well as due credit given to the Warriors who were perfect with ball in hand. Let's just remember how much better this is than just a narrative of the match given by the last coach.

Personally I think we are a chance to beat Roosters, even more so for have losing that match though just want us to compete as we have in pretty much every game this year.

thebigredv

First Grade
Agree Possm

- and he must’ve decided pregame that he wasn’t going to be perceived to be responding positively to a raucous home crowd
... so he leant towards the visitors - in an atrocious display,

Cody’s tapback was a clear try
...and ain’t he building nicely.

Thought the same about the ref's mindset. The Knights game in particular proved we are a targeted team amongst the ref's discussion. This is having a huge impact on our linespeed. Warriors did seem to get away with a lot of what we were penalised today but not sure I can say it was the difference.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
All Hook needs to do is make sure he never starts Merrin at prop ever again. 3 runs for 30 metres isn't helping anyone. Why we didn't start with Alvaro is beyond me and we could have had Poasa on the bench who would have lifted against the club he played for last year, instead of Burns.
We all love Ramsey but there's guys in reserves making double the metres he's making. Max Feagai in a side that copped a right flogging on the weekend ( 42 - 6 ) still managed 161 metres, 99 pcm's, 5 tackle breaks and Sauni-esau and Periera weren't far behind. It wasn't our backs that were missing the tackles either it was a very poor forward pack.
Who’s to say Ramsey wouldn’t get similar results in NSW cup? NRL is a big step up in class.

Crush

Coach
Was a frustrating game. Dufty and Kerr both made 3 big errors each which was the difference. That's a lot of errors from two individuals. I'm sure the coach will let them know it. RTS and Nikorima looked threatening for much of the game. Can't say the same for our halves or fullback who were just okay.

I just think it is really important we keep perspective. Hook is doing great things, far exceeding my expectations. Personally I find the loss a lot easier to take and I believe he has pinpointed the issue - gifting easy points - as well as due credit given to the Warriors who were perfect with ball in hand. Let's just remember how much better this is than just a narrative of the match given by the last coach.

Personally I think we are a chance to beat Roosters, even more so for have losing that match though just want us to compete as we have in pretty much every game this year.
Off the ball lots of walking, looked a bit disinterested. Kerr had a shocker. Norman very pedestrian, kept kicking the ball down the backlines throat.
Ramsey was good under the high balls.
Bird threatening.
Overall a bit of a meh performance. Game was boring.

Walpole

Juniors
Lock - Fui
Left edge - Sims
Right edge - Kerr
Left prop - Vaughan
Hooker - McCullough
Right prop - McGuire

Bench
Alvaro
Lawrie
Ellis
Ford / Burns
Have read this a few times and it still looks like you've got Jack Bird at halfback...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I actually thought it was a tough game. Enjoyed the discipline and tension. We were pretty good; Dufty cleans up properly and if the Bird try was counted we win against a side that made 1 mistake. Also disagree with the assessment of Norman and thought he had a pretty reasonable game (as did the Coach) Still not convinced on Clune though! A solid fill in at best. Despite his enthusiasm Jack Bird’s defence let him down today i thought. Andrew McCullough dummy half work was particularly strong in that mid second half.

Latest posts