What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 vs Warriors

redv13

Bench
Errors and not enough shape in the middle didn't help. We looked a little heavy legged as well.
If someone told me we be 4-2 after 6 rounds before the season started I would have laughed in their face. Sometimes the other side is just better than you on the day. The Warriors were awesome today and we couldn't match them. We had a few dragons footy moments but it wasn't like a collapse.
We'll bounce back :)
Spot on. Totally agree.

True_Believer

Juniors
3 tries each so to some it’s a moral victory but ultimately it’s an L in the loss column. Need to wins these games at home & bank the points.

Dufty doing himself more harm than good after today Hook won’t be extending him any time soon.

Surely the Williame experiment is now a proven fail, the position needs needs to be game breaker not a useless dud like Willame

Moving forward if Dufty can’t fix up his overall game he’d be a perfect 17 jersey.

Yes it is an L but this is a WIP so you can't expect to be perfect every game. We are transitioning from a shit team over the last couple of years under an incompetent coach. It's going to take time to get the consistency we are looking for.

Dufty is part of that - he's changing the way he plays so he is going to have these days. Last week he was sensational but in in attack and defense, this week he wasn't. Need to give him time to get used to what the new coaches are teaching him. Hell, I saw him organising the defence on the weekend for the first time in his career. It's a complete change to the way he plays.

Williame can cover the 3 edge positions - that's why he's there. Those positions aren't game breakers - so it works when we need cover outside of the forwards.

Illusion

Bench
Yes it is an L but this is a WIP so you can't expect to be perfect every game. We are transitioning from a shit team over the last couple of years under an incompetent coach. It's going to take time to get the consistency we are looking for.

Dufty is part of that - he's changing the way he plays so he is going to have these days. Last week he was sensational but in in attack and defense, this week he wasn't. Need to give him time to get used to what the new coaches are teaching him. Hell, I saw him organising the defence on the weekend for the first time in his career. It's a complete change to the way he plays.

Williame can cover the 3 edge positions - that's why he's there. Those positions aren't game breakers - so it works when we need cover outside of the forwards.
Right on .....

Old Timer

Coach
Norman was never going to get an extension that was just gossip. He’s just not good enough.

After today unless he significantly lifts his game I don’t think Dufty will get extended other than as a bench utility.

Too many errors from Kerr, perhaps time to let Burns have a crack.

Surely now Williame gets dropped forever he’s rubbish.

Clune is our backup halfback he’s doing his best. Can’t blame him.

Moose played well I was happy with his first up effort.

Brought everyone back down to earth, but no judiciary chargers or injuries so let’s all move on.
Your comments re Kerr are ludicrous IMO

He has been really good thus far and 3 mistakes amongst a lot of mistakes by a lot of people and you want to cast him aside for a newbie who played in a second grade side that was soundly flogged.

The improvement in Kerr’s performances this year are there for all to see and should be rewarded with faith in him not an instant sacking.

thebigredv

First Grade
Your comments re Kerr are ludicrous IMO

He has been really good thus far and 3 mistakes amongst a lot of mistakes by a lot of people and you want to cast him aside for a newbie who played in a second grade side that was soundly flogged.

The improvement in Kerr’s performances this year are there for all to see and should be rewarded with faith in him not an instant sacking.

I don't think his errors warrant him being dropped as he has finally begun to show signs of improvement under griffin (previously he was overrated imo) but it seems every now and then we have a backrower or outside back who gets a case of the dropsies and it really gets us on the back foot - in recent memory tyrell, Zac, dufty have been guilty of this. Rava has showed you can improve in this area by hard work. So next week Kerr has to come out and be as damaging as he has been and respect the ball. Otherwise, like any other, he becomes a liability and needs a spell.

blacksafake

First Grade
Errors and not enough shape in the middle didn't help. We looked a little heavy legged as well.
If someone told me we be 4-2 after 6 rounds before the season started I would have laughed in their face. Sometimes the other side is just better than you on the day. The Warriors were awesome today and we couldn't match them. We had a few dragons footy moments but it wasn't like a collapse.
We'll bounce back :)
The voice of reason :thumbsup:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Apologies to all for my poor language yesterday.
Frustration got the better of me.
Yes you weren't very nice to me and I wasn't even having a go at you. Remember I said something along the lines of Zac can take the blame for the lose. Well that was a sarcastic shot at those looking to lay blame. A Tru Dragon gives our team support after such a good start to the year. Sorry TruSaint.

blacksafake

First Grade
Whilst it’s disappointing to have a loss it’s not the end of the world.
The warriors were terrific & faultless along with Roger who was the difference.
We were a bit off which you can’t afford to be in the NRL as shown by the panthers & souffs who were lucky to win their games.
We were on the receiving end of some very confusing ref decisions, particularly the six again calls.
BTW don’t think that the warriors wouldn’t have been up for that game as Gus would’ve been desperate to get one over Hook.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
When are the league going to look at the refereeing seems to me every time the call goes against the BIG RED V ,ravalawa try against Parramatta a KERR fingertip in it .Parramatta score and gutherson is in front of Ferguson yesterday Dufty grounds the ball oh dear no he didn't says the bunker it's a try to the warriors.ramsey taps it back to bird how the f**k is that forward if it's any other team it's a try .I'm getting fed up of the bias ..... ..

When are the league going to look at the refereeing seems to me every time the call goes against the BIG RED V ,ravalawa try against Parramatta a KERR fingertip in it .Parramatta score and gutherson is in front of Ferguson yesterday Dufty grounds the ball oh dear no he didn't says the bunker it's a try to the warriors.ramsey taps it back to bird how the f**k is that forward if it's any other team it's a try .I'm getting fed up of the bias ..... ..
Agree there was inconsistency in the refereeing/bunker but that was not the whole story. Why the heck was the ball kicked to T.S all day. He is the best fullback in world league by a mile. Complete player.

Dragon David

First Grade
Our ledger of the win some/lose some columns would show us more on the lose some side the way ref and bunker decisions go. For some damn reason, we are a side that refs and men in the bunker like to demoralise because of their "biased" decision making which passes onto us fans.

Hopefully we get fair decisions next week.