What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
Probably but if BA sees something in this new kid, particularly defensively, he's very capable of freezing someone out. Fui and Tim come to mind and there's probably others. I think he just stops talking to them. He's good at that.

100%, BA will have zero hesitation to play someone in reggies. Mannah is a perfect example. I just think that those two rookies have a long way to go before they are a better option than Waqa. Rock solid centres (like Jenkovic) are rare earth commodities and Waqu is nowhere near the bottom of the shit list of NRL centres. There are some shockers out there.

TheRam

Coach
What about masturbating in public or in the toilet?

Sorry Ram but he could of atleast taken her back to the hotel,car or under a tree, the beach etc.... The toilet is low. I don't even like to hang a shit in a public toilet they are that filthy. Imagine ones at nightclubs. Piss on seats etc.

Not a good look if ask me. But as you know, I have a touch of class about me.

Hindy of course I would never expect a quality individual such as yourself to ever partake in such a smelly tableau of filth, but then again most are not of your immanent pedigree.

But the hoi polloi will do what the hoi polloi do, why punish them for what and who they are dear man?

TheRam

Coach
I kinda agree with most of that. I remain keen to understand our recent "purchase good young talent" policy specifically those that have NRL experience or obviously destined too. Sharp has gone. Was he holding us back in this regard? I'd suggest it's more than MON who is identifying these players. Maybe Kidwell who possibly didn't have a voice prior. Maybe Sharps replacement who is obviously working studiously behind the scenes. Maybe the Recruitment/Retention team collectively. Whatever it is I, like you, am mightily impressed. As much as I agree MON is doing a good job, I think there are more involved with this obvious improvement than him. Then again it could well be that MON is working towards improving the personnel in those positions. Sarintinos could be a quietly spoken mover and shaker and maybe we are seeing the development of a strong board.
Its a very clever way to manage a salary cap. These players ARE out there. Lots hiding in the shadows of poor coaching, poor culture, lack of opportunity and poor development. Identification is the key and we now seem to be improving in that area. We can't only rely on our own juniors and high priced, ready made recruits. Change is good.

Exactly. We don't know the finer details, but the clubs improved trajectory in the way it goes about business is heartening to see. Are we there yet? Of course not. That will only be realised once we regularly start recruiting the best young juniors around the country just like the Roosters do now(besides money, because they see us as the best club to develop their potential), almost always be a top 8 team and finally win that elusive premiership.

I also would love to see us go down the path of a Penrith style junior development program. For all the knockers, no one can deny that they do it the best now.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Nothing suprises me with the media and Rugby League. The bloke films it illegally and spreads it on social media, a criminal offense, yet the League player is the bad bloke.

"He's a role model, high profile player, needs to be educated, earning the big bucks, blah blah blah"

Pleeeasse!!

I cant believe people film stuff in the toilets.

IFR33K

Coach
Might take some heat off Dylbags.

Let’s just hope he learns something from this. He’s young, vulnerable and fame and fortune could get to him.

it’s a little concerning that his highlight reels package, consists of a few defensive plays, dance moves and now this latest sex tape (if u could call it that).

he’s starting to come across as a little too relaxed or care free...

IFR33K

Coach
Nothing suprises me with the media and Rugby League. The bloke films it illegally and spreads it on social media, a criminal offense, yet the League player is the bad bloke.

"He's a role model, high profile player, needs to be educated, earning the big bucks, blah blah blah"

Pleeeasse!!

I cant believe people film stuff in the toilets.

first graders are role models. They’re paid handsomely, and are representing a brand. The nrl. Having a root in a cubicle isn’t a good look with sponsors and to mums and dads. These kinds of acts cost the game millions of $$$. Plus the nrl spends $$$ on educating their players. To improve them on and off the field.

TheRam

Coach
Firstly it was a joke.
Secondly that’s cart before horse stuff. He’d be putting a lot of faith that they can find a quality half.

Yeah, I don't think a team like the Broncos is going to struggle to long to get a quality half if they actually make a serious attempt to get one. Hell the Dogs signed Matt Burton, who contrary to all the idiots on NRL 360, will transform them into a decent team next year and out of wooden spoon contention. The point though is that probably the best junior half available signed to play with what is currently the worst NRL roster. The Broncos will be fine.

If the Broncos with their already great roster can sign a half with a kicking game and half decent passing game, every other NRL team should look out. They will instantly be a high quality team that can even be a top 4 contender.

Katoni isn't stupid. He will be on a great wicket money wise, play at a club were he is settled and at home. He knows that all that is missing is a playmaker that all that talent can play off of. Watch this space.

Cloeel

Juniors
Yeah, I don't think a team like the Broncos is going to struggle to long to get a quality half if they actually make a serious attempt to get one. Hell the Dogs signed Matt Burton, who contrary to all the idiots on NRL 360, will transform them into a decent team next year and out of wooden spoon contention. The point though is that probably the best junior half available signed to play with what is currently the worst NRL roster. The Broncos will be fine.

If the Broncos with their already great roster can sign a half with a kicking game and half decent passing game, every other NRL team should look out. They will instantly be a high quality team that can even be a top 4 contender.

Katoni isn't stupid. He will be on a great wicket money wise, play at a club were he is settled and at home. He knows that all that is missing is a playmaker that all that talent can play off of. Watch this space.

I think the Broncos problems go well beyond employing a Half with a kicking and passing game.

At this point in time I think the employment of Kevin Walters as coach was the wrong decision. I don't think he has the ability to steer the ship and pull everything back to basics.

One thing is certain; they are definitely in a better position on and off the field than the Bulldogs.

Gronk

Staff member

giphy.gif

TheRam

Coach
In fact If I were the Broncos management, if I couldn't lure Reynolds to the club, I would see if I could somehow get into Matt Burtons ear and get him to renege on the Dogs contract somehow.

I know that there is some talk that he is having second thoughts about going to the Dogs, so if there were anyway possible to make it happen, I would. I would offer him top dollar also so as to make it worth while from a monetary perspective too. But the real inducement would be that he gets to play in a team that is Semis ready and a juggernaut only needing a steering wheel to drive it.

I know that my suggestion is very unlikely to succeed, but I would try and see. Stranger things have happened. The Broncos have always been seen that way, but recently have been damaged a little due to silly decisions. They need to focus on what will make them great again and a quality half will do that almost overnight.

But that is the way I think. No one should ever be off limits if your club is run well and is seen as a go to place. Parra is becoming a club that is seen this way. If I need a quality player, to fill a deficiency that needs improving, I would try and steal him no matter who he is currently playing with just like Manly and Canterbury used to in the old days and the Roosters do now. The top dog eats while the mangy pack watch on.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Let’s just hope he learns something from this. He’s young, vulnerable and fame and fortune could get to him.

it’s a little concerning that his highlight reels package, consists of a few defensive plays, dance moves and now this latest sex tape (if u could call it that).

he’s starting to come across as a little too relaxed or care free...
Boys take longer to mature that girls. Moses is 27 and it seems the penny has finally dropped. I guess at 19 and being paid $600k might have an effect. Everything about Drown will be better once he matures.

TheRam

Coach
I think the Broncos problems go well beyond employing a Half with a kicking and passing game.

At this point in time I think the employment of Kevin Walters as coach was the wrong decision. I don't think he has the ability to steer the ship and pull everything back to basics.

One thing is certain; they are definitely in a better position on and off the field than the Bulldogs.

The jury is out on Walters as a coach, but you would be wrong to under estimating their need of a quality playmaker and what that would do to a team like the Broncos. They are a very, very good young team, that need consistent direction and purpose on the field that they aren't getting at the moment.

Do they need more then that? Yeah a few tweaks here and there, but that can be done with greater precision once you have a playmaker guiding them around out there. They need the confidence that a playmaker will give them and then you can see who is up to it and who isn't. But there aren't to many duds in that team. They just need guidance and experience.

84 Baby

Referee

Their problem isn’t going to be attracting a player. It’s depth of available players. Their options are Moses, Reynolds or Brooks. All of whom have been long term at their current clubs (though Reynolds is on outer), 2 of them are enjoying current success at current club, and none of them are from Sydney. And Brooks is arguable for quality

Latest posts