What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Penrith @ BlueBet Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Penrith v Newcastle

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
Oh well.
Coach will be happy with the effort.
Our only points were a line break from inside our own half, weren't winning with only that.

Alex28

Coach
The score is going to look worse than our effort tonight.

Tonight, we probably beat 13 out of the 15 teams in the comp. We’ve been great really.

Given who we have out, it’s been a great effort.

I feel as though the great strengths of the side are being wasted because of the glaring weaknesses. Almost every half in the league would dominate behind our pack except for every half we have at the club. Ponga has to do everything and gets heavily targeted. Best carts it up on play 2 and 3 like a mule. Being used totally wrong. Still lacking in crucial support play. If Adam Reynolds is our 7 we win tonight imo.

Why again haven't we chased Adam Reynolds? Surely it isn't because we think we're good for halves. I honestly don't think Pearce or Clifford would have changed the result tonight. For all his flaws at least a bunch of Green's kicks find the grass. I can't help but think 2022 is another write off given the lack of top playmakers on the books. Let's be honest, you don't win sh*t with what we have. The Pearce resigning is still baffling to me. Is that really the reason we haven't moved Heaven & Earth to get Reynolds to Newcastle?

perverse

Referee
Yeah, I'm happy with that. They had a real crack. Mann was probably our best... and tbh tonight was a night where I thought yeah maybe he can be a 5/8th. Green was probably amongst our worst, despite a couple of good kicks. He's just not up to the speed of this anymore.

The Panthers shut down our few threats very well, as you'd expect.

I don't think our boys should be too let down with it tonight, if they can keep putting that effort in they'll win a lot of games against lesser opposition. It's a big if for us, though.

Seage

Juniors
Hard to be frustrated by that. Penrith are miles above anyone. They are ridiculously good and had to play well to beat us.
You watch Clearly, Luai and Burton and is just fluent magic and they totally outclass us in that department, even though Mann was sensational for us - something you cant always bank on.

It does make the insipid bullshit vs The Tigers, Dragons and Titans harded to take though. Seems like we enjoy playing to the quality of the opposition, but then dialing it down a notch.

Yosh

Coach
Am I upset and frustrated we lost? Of course. Did I think the Panthers deserved to win? Yes... Did the Knights fold at any point during that game? No. Am I happy? To be honest yes.

Very gutsy performance I thought. Gutsy doesn't get you 2 points but if we turn up like that every week, we're going to make the 8 very easily.

Our halves, who have been simply godsend, are extremely limited. Mann dies with the ball too often, either surrendering because he ran behind one of our guys or has to step back inside because he can't pass the ball to his outside men.

Green offers no running game. Oppositions just need to figure out who he will pass to and gang up long kicking game also needs work. If we could get the skills, experience and skill of Green into Mann, we would have almost the perfect half.

Panthers are fun to watch but I can see where the arrogance talk comes from. Easy to hate em.