What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Penrith @ BlueBet Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Penrith v Newcastle

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
It was nice to finally see glimpses of why To'a had a lot of wraps on him tonight. Hopefully he gains a lot of confidence from tonight.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Didn’t get to see the 2nd half but I was happy with the 1st, and by the comments in here, we were just as good in the 2nd.
Hopefully we can continue the effort to this level and just keep improving throughout the year and get another crack at the Panthers in the finals.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
This result was probably the best we could have hoped for. A tough 80 minute effort away from home against the best team in the comp and no major injuries.

If we can turn up and play with that commitment every week we’ll play finals footy no doubt.

Probably my only criticism is that we continue to run one out constantly even deep into the second half when the game was still winnable and we’d done so much work to stay with them until that point. Then all we do is hit ups into a set defensive line and our forwards get rolled onto their back by 3 Penrith defenders.

We’ve got Watson & KP in our team yet not once does one of our forwards look to tip the ball on to them or take the line in with a couple of support runners. Surely just a couple of basic things like that would have us looking far more dangerous.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Cleary bagging us for slowing down the play the ball and reckons it was a tactic to give away set restarts.
The 6 again rule is quickly becoming my most hated rule.
I swear I saw in the 1st half a Panther got tackled on the ground, he grabbed a Knight as he was getting up and threw him on the ground to the side and they got 6 again.

PhilGould

Bench
So looks like Brodie Jones has leapfrogged Josh King in the pecking order, and Toohey thinks King will be the one to make way for Fitzgibbon

Rod

Bench
Kurt Mann might be the best player I've ever seen who I still have no idea what position he should play.

The boys had a real dig, that's really all you can expect at the moment against a gun team like the Panthers. If we scored first in the second half who knows, but the execution on attack and 5th tackle options really killed any hope of an upset.

The 6 agains were bizarre, we might have been doing it on purpose early in the set on defence, but the Panthers were doing very similar and largely getting away with it I felt. Musgrove's 'knock-on' just before the Panthers third try was far more backwards than the Sharks one that got overturned last week, we're getting at least one dud call a week at the moment.

If we play like that again we can easily jag a win in the next couple of weeks.

Bartwah

Juniors
We’re going to look back on the ‘Ponga years’ and really regret that we didn’t surround him with some consistent halves. Some weeks i feel a bit sorry for him. By the same token, i feel genuine excitement every time the lad has the ball in his hands

ryana87

Juniors
Glad AOB called out in the presser we are too reliant on "incidental plays" rather then set plays. He also noted some bad kicks from us, which set up a few of their tries

It's obvious to him that we are missing a smart dominant half. And Pearce obviously isn't the answer to that, and Clifford being dropped from cowboys has me worried about him as well

Tony Morris

Juniors
We're desperate for a young talented half. The pace of the game nowadays screams to have a youthful spine, it's ideal for the likes of your Cleary's and Luai's. I'm just not sure how we fix this anytime soon?

Knight Tales

Juniors
I don’t think any side has troubled the Panthers more this season. We really frustrated them tonight. AOB is doing exceptionally well IMO in a very difficult situation. He has to be super happy with the effort. He wanted that effort backed up from last week and he got it. I think we will get the chooks. The Panthers were out to make a point after last week and they only got their way in the last 10 mins. It was pure speed and youth which got us. Nothing more.

Latest posts