What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Kilkenny

Coach
I think there is merit in potentially giving JFH a long term deal and I agree he is made of sterner stuff than RCG.

At the same time, most on here were only to happy to support the RCG long term deal, got caught up in the hype at the time and it ended badly for us.

I don’t think JFH would turn his toes up like RCG did so yeah I’m going to go with whatever the club decides.

Abacus

Juniors
If Fish wants big coin, should be a 3 year deal at most. He's definitely earned the payday but it shouldn't be a win-for-life prize.

The club needs to make sure our cap is not bent over a barrel in years 4/5 because a guy has got injured or regressed since signing. Not saying it will happen with Fish but that is the risk. If he continues performing at elite level then he'll have no problem getting elite dollars for his next deal.

betcats

Referee
Re Fish, I dont think that initial report is to much to worry about. He is the best prop in the game right now, he is going to have some expectations any player in his position would, its not much of a negotiation if he just takes our first offer unfortunately. If it gets to November and they still aren't on the same page i will be worried.

hindy111

Post Whore
Have to feel for young Burton. Wanted out of the Panthers. Seems like he may have signed way too soon! He could have ended up at the Broncos or NQ...even Sharks or Roosters could have entertained him. Probably could have got similar money also.

Silly boy. Clubs now on look
Tigers,Broncos,Nqld,Sharks,Warriors, Saints, Titans and pending on Moses Eels.

I had to watch last nights game with a Dogs fan and any time Burton touched the ball he went on and on about how good was that. And yelled let him go. He wants to be at the Dogs. He then continued to credit Barrett for how well Cleary and Luai are playing. "HE TAUGHT THEM ALL THIS" THE WHOLE ATTACK IS BARRETTS.....
It made me ill tbh. I hope Burton backflips along with JAC.

Give them Naden and Capewell. They will do f**k all

hindy111

Post Whore
Fish is a guy id back for 5 years. Didn't think I'd want long contracts again after RCG but he's a different beast

Klemmer was also the best prop in game before he went to the Knights.
Where does he sit now? JFH,Haas,Papali,Jnr are maybe your best 4. Id have to go through the list. But it was not long ago when Tapua,Klemmer, JWH or the storm prop. Forget his name where top of the tree. All are still good but they have dropped off.
Where is JT nowdays. 18mths he was best forward in game by a mile. Is he still?

Props I feel have 4 or 5 top shelf years. The rest are either filed with decent/solid years or they also can fall off a cliff.

Jane Murray

Bench

I had to watch last nights game with a Dogs fan and any time Burton touched the ball he went on and on about how good was that. And yelled let him go. He wants to be at the Dogs. He then continued to credit Barrett for how well Cleary and Luai are playing. "HE TAUGHT THEM ALL THIS" THE WHOLE ATTACK IS BARRETTS.....

I don't think Matt can backflip. We, the Panthers, are doing the Bulldogs a favor. Matt will gain more experience, and Barrett is not a coaches backside.

The home side received a further boost when Cleary confirmed to the players after the win that his assistant Cameron Ciraldo had turned down an offer to join Cronulla and would be staying at Penrith.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/04/22/panthers-shrug-off-knights-challenge-to-stay-unbeaten/
Whilst he was definitely on the list the Sharks had drawn up, I'm glad he stood by his contract. It shows a lot of character, not only by him but also your club for letting him contemplate it.
With All the work he has put in it would be good to see him rewarded.

Jane Murray

Bench
Don't worry, we will extend the Fish. It will just take longer. Sometimes you need a break in negotiations before parties come closer. Good thinking time for both parties coming up.
Good recruitment all round. The only disappointing one is Matt Burton, I honestly do not see how Momo can force himself back into the side.

Blade23

Juniors

He could have waited and he would have had the pick of a few clubs in better positions, and likely been offered more money.
However, I have seen/heard several times of young players coming through the grades, or just crack the grade blowing their knee out in pre-season training. A few were never heard from again. That is the risk if you wait, being a rookie just starting out.

And Hindy what are you doing associating with Dogs fans? If you have the itch to sit with rival fans stick with us :)

Last edited:

Latest posts