What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R7 Sat - North Qld 26-24 Canberra @ QCBS

Round 7: North Qld v Canberra

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The_Frog

First Grade
Sticky looks like he hasn’t slept for 2 weeks
Not surprising. Second half scores this year:
vs Cows 0-14
vs Eels 0-23
vs Panthers 4-12
vs Titans 12-0
vs Warriors 6-28
vs Sharks 0-10
vs Tigers 24-6.

For a top 4 team, he shouldn't have slept since the Sharks game, which they were very fortunate to win.

I do feel for the Cowboys and their fans. It must be such an empty feeling knowing that it’s a completely undeserved 2 points and you only won because of the refereeing.
We got some fortunate calls that won us the game. We've been on the receiving end of this shit for years, so I know how you feel. Win or lose, I am happy with the improvement we've shown. Our line speed was better and our first contact was strong and had a bit of intent behind it, which allowed us to compete in the ruck. Good to see Hess getting back to his best now he's playing as a middle forward. Green set his his career back by playing him out of position. If Hess didn't botch that try in the 1st half then the O'Neill try wouldn't have mattered. Your mob were poor in the 2nd half.

This Year?

Immortal
We got some fortunate calls that won us the game. We've been on the receiving end of this shit for years, so I know how you feel. Win or lose, I am happy with the improvement we've shown. Our line speed was better and our first contact was strong and had a bit of intent behind it, which allowed us to compete in the ruck. Good to see Hess getting back to his best now he's playing as a middle forward. Green set his his career back by playing him out of position. If Hess didn't botch that try in the 1st half then the O'Neill try wouldn't have mattered. Your mob were poor in the 2nd half.
One thing that was brought to my attention and I didn't even notice it during the game was how well the Cowboys completed in the 2nd half. The Cowboys deserve more credit for the win than the reffing.

One thing that was brought to my attention and I didn't even notice it during the game was how well the Cowboys completed in the 2nd half. The Cowboys deserve more credit for the win than the reffing.
Last tackle options are still abysmal, but the lead up work and discipline has improved tenfold. Granville is running again, Holmes is finding form and our back 3 look stronger. Robson and Hess really stood up tonight.

_Johnsy

Referee
It’s the standard skeep template insert ref name “here”
I wonder who's his default when things go wrong in everyday life, Mum, Dad, brother, sister, cousin, uncle, old school friend, his dog, cat, or the guy who stole his lunch money in grade 4.

The bottom line is, while the bunker decision was awful. There were numerous scenarios where Canberra just stuffed up. The reality is they just were not good enough when it mattered.

_Johnsy

Referee
Raiders didn’t play well that second half but.
-Oneal was offside
-There was no late tackle by Raiders (if it was there was about 15 by the cows against Wighton)
-CHN only had eyes for the ball and the cowboys Merkin jumped about 15minutes early, hasn’t been a penalty all year because you’re allowed to look at the ball to catch it

ruined an exciting second half
To be fair the only people who wrecked the second 1/2 were those from Canberra.

blocka

Juniors
To be fair the only people who wrecked the second 1/2 were those from Canberra.
Hence why I said Raiders didn’t play well, but as a fan I hate seeing the inconsistencies each week. Teams like the Dragons and Titans needing to use a Captains Challenge to check a try but the refs going straight to the bunker for blatant no tries for other teams.
It gets deflating, when you just want to see an even playing field and watch the teams lose or win the game not the referee stuff ups

Hence why I said Raiders didn’t play well, but as a fan I hate seeing the inconsistencies each week. Teams like the Dragons and Titans needing to use a Captains Challenge to check a try but the refs going straight to the bunker for blatant no tries for other teams.
It gets deflating, when you just want to see an even playing field and watch the teams lose or win the game not the referee stuff ups
I agree. The NRL has its favourites. I got a laugh out of Cronk whinging about the O'Neill try when he played the bulk of his career for the biggest cheats who've gotten more favourable calls go their way than any other side.

skeepe

Immortal
@skeepe how good was that tackle on Croker by Feldt, you know the one where he folded him like cheap linen?

He shouldn’t have been on the field to make that tackle, should have been sent off earlier for a deliberate shoulder charge to Croker’s head off the ball.