What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 7 vs Manly @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 7: Wests Tigers v Manly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stryker

First Grade
We are averaging 30 points against per game this year.
That makes these blokes the worst West’s Tigers defensive side at this stage of the season in this Club’s history.
Considering some of the heartless defensive units we’ve turned out over our time as a joint venture, that is some claim to fame.
Congratulations to all involved.

Reflector

Juniors
Disband the Tigers.

Wests can relocate to Perth and become the Western Magpies.

Balmain (or the zombie-like entity that currently represents Balmain) can move north, form a JV with Easts and we get the Brisbane Tigers.

Better than this current shell of a JV that doesn't really represent anything anymore. Even their traditional heartlands are either inhabited by people with pre-existing loyalties to other clubs, or people who don't care about league. They have become the eastern suburbs, but there is no Uncle Nick to save this mess and make them a professional organisation.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Disband the Tigers.

Balmain (or the zombie-like entity that currently represents Balmain) can move north, form a JV with Easts and we get the Brisbane Tigers.

Better than this current shell of a JV that doesn't really represent anything anymore. Even their traditional heartlands are either inhabited by people with pre-existing loyalties to other clubs, or people who don't care about league. They have become the eastern suburbs, but there is no Uncle Nick to save this mess and make them a professional organisation.
Thanks for your input.
I think you mean the West Tigers?
It wont happen.

stryker

First Grade
Disband the Tigers.

You are 100% correct.
Even the rust ons who live in these traditional areas must agree?
The JV has been a failure. The club an embarrassment.
Two loser clubs formed one big loser club.
Time to relocate and start again.

It wasn’t just a flogging, it was a total collapse.

I hazard to guess that this that this pretty much spells the end for Maguire.

The club will thank him for his services and make the announcement sometime in the next 4 weeks.

Gives me no joy to call time on him.

stryker

First Grade
It wasn’t just a flogging, it was a total collapse.

I hazard to guess that this that this pretty much spells the end for Maguire.

The club will thank him for his services and make the announcement sometime in the next 4 weeks.

Gives me no joy to call time on him.
Nah f**k him, he is done jack f**ken squat here.

Reflector

Juniors
You are 100% correct.
Even the rust ons who live in these traditional areas must agree?
The JV has been a failure. The club an embarrassment.
Two loser clubs formed one big loser club.
Time to relocate and start again.

If the inner west was still a big RL area like further west and IF the Magpies side of the JV was still based out of Lidcombe then Wests Tigers could've worked. Problem was that Wests had already moved to Campbelltown and were struggling on and off the field at the time of rationalisation, while Balmain had gone back to Leichardt as a last resort after the Sydney Tigers/ Parra stadium failure and talk of interstate relocation had been snuffed out.

Relocating the Magpies to Perth gives W.A a full-time team, the Magpies can keep their brand and Sydney/ NSW based fans still get to follow their team when they play 'away' e.g just like the Sydney Swans and their South Melbourne fans.

Relocating what's left of Balmain to Brisbane gives Brisbane it's new team, plus they get to retain the Tigers brand/ colours and both the Easts and Balmain side of the contingent is happy.

Both clubs would receive more favourable attention from the NRL in these guises as key expansion teams than they would in their current iteration as Wests Tigers. When Leichardt and Campbelltown are only getting 3 home games each season, are you really losing much?

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
I’d take that all day rather than being in bed with these Wests failures, their record spoon and 3 comps in 100 years. Weekends in Brisbane out at Fortitude Valley shits on Friday traffic to Campbelltown and sitting with the size 26!l heifers on the will waiting for fee Wokka noodles to be thrown out because they’ve spunked the rent money on Winnie reds

Pezz70

Juniors
I feel sorry for anyone who actually believed they would play like they did last week again. So predictable.
I didn’t I think I was the only one that took a 13+ loss in the game poll. I’m ashamed to admit it but the writing was on the wall. I have zero faith anymore and am thinking about burning my jerseys

stryker

First Grade
I’d take that all day rather than being in bed with these Wests failures, their record spoon and 3 comps in 100 years. Weekends in Brisbane out at Fortitude Valley shits on Friday traffic to Campbelltown and sitting with the size 26!l heifers on the will waiting for fee Wokka noodles to be thrown out because they’ve spunked the rent money on Winnie reds
Haha yep

gordsy

Juniors
MCK at centre wasn't great neither was Musgrove letting in at least 2 trries. Mybe did the same. AD coming in too often.

Big Luch tired hard but was badly let down by the pea hearted pussies around him.

Reflector

Juniors

Having spent some time there over the years, I can say that the eastern suburbs of Brisbane are quite a nice spot.

Said with great sensitivity.

We start yet again for my “growth assessment” of three good games. Back to zero.

2 good games from 7 puts him at 28% total coaching competency for the season.

Bj is going to force his way back in on a default basis and then take the piss when he’s selected because he knows he’s not there on merit.

It’s another chance for him to be the centre of attention for something stupid.

In the meantime, some of the kids are wondering what it takes to be selected.

I don’t care who they are, if we aren’t selecting 4 or 5 fresh players v sgi, we may as well forfeit.

stryker

First Grade

We start yet again for my “growth assessment” of three good games. Back to zero.

Bj is going to force his way back in on a default basis and then take the piss when he’s selected because he knows he’s not there on merit.

It’s another chance for him to be the centre of attention for something stupid.

I don’t care who they are, if we aren’t selecting 4 or 5 fresh players v sgi, we may as well forfeit.
2 good games? We played well against the bunnies. What was the other one?

Bj is going to force his way back in on a default basis and then take the piss when he’s selected because he knows he’s not there on merit. It’s another chance for him to be the centre of attention for something stupid.

2 good games? We played well against the bunnies. What was the other one?

Knights.

composure and comeback. “ growth” lol

Tigers1986

Juniors
I posted this on FB.

We are a complete rabble. There is a toxic attitude to this club and it starts at the top with Pascoe. Overseeing what will be 10 years of failure is just untenable.

Tamou is a passenger milking his retirement tour - he plays 25 mins a week and does nothing, little wonder Cleary didn't object to moving him on.

Roberts is gassed and pathetically unfit - the amount of times I saw him walking back behind the play the ball today, hands on hips, no urgency at all to help out.

Nofauluma milked a purple patch last season to secure the new contract and has regressed terribly - this was a guy who was knocking on the door of Origin 6 months ago.

Musgrove is a pea hearted merkin who has no mongrel in attack, and is just there.

Ofehengaue is a passenger. Too many silly mistakes.

Twal appears to be stuck in two minds - run it or spin it wide - he's a ball runner, stick to the big runs.

Everybody loves to shove shit onto Brooks, but if he isn't getting the go forward from the pack, what is he to do? He's under a lot of pressure but I think it's time he has a week off to recalibrate and find that confidence in reggies, giving Madden a run.

Douehi wears his heart on his sleeve, and as I was giving them an absolute spray in the second half, I made it a point to say everyone of ya except for Adam is a disgrace.

Luciano has given up trying to drag this sorry pack on his own. He's too good for this shit heap team and will seek a release to gain a premiership.

Laurie has also given up, he's the only one of the backs giving it a crack but again, by himself.

Simpkin I feel sorry for, he tries really hard but again like Brooks, needs the pack to be motoring to get an advantage.

We just seem to walk it up, have no urgency to get up for a fast play the ball, and wait for the defence to run at us, rather than run up and meet them.

We are also too negative - Nofauluma no try leads to 3 tries in 5 minutes for Manly. Top teams knuckle up and make amends.

I hate this team so much. Overpaid, overhyped, overindulged merkins who are happy to milk the customer for any cent they can and offer nothing. Ground announcer says for the second half for the fans to "find their voices" in the second half. Where were the players to find some f**king spirit? I can cop losing, but my word, have some effort. Canterbury lose most of the time, but you can never fault their effort.

Another issue today was it felt like we were at Brookvale - where were all the Tigers fans? It was embarrassing. The club has zero identity. I love the Bankwest ground, so we either move their fulltime, or we push Gladys to redo Campbelltown and Leichhardt (C'town could be assisted for the Bulls) and make mini-Bankwests and stick with 2 grounds that we can actually build as a fortress. We have 5 different home venues this season.

I dread that this season will see our first spoon, and frankly, we deserve it. The Titans match will be my last attended game for quite some time (too late to cancel my Dragons plans), and only so I can offer my tribute to Tommy Terrific. If these assholes don't turn up for that game, I might get a life ban for the verbal barrage I give them. I've cancelled my Tamworth trip as well. I refuse to bleed money into these c**ts anymore.

Latest posts