What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Joel-22

Juniors
Yeah I like Mann’s efforts and ability to come up with a play here and there but he is not a 6. He kills far too many plays.

I think he makes a better 13 than Watson though.

I like Watson but I might be in the minority that would probably retain Mann over him. Whatever way the club goes I will be happy though. Splitting hairs really.

I am definitely in that minority also.
Mann is 100% pure heart and has shown how much he wants to win.

Whether you think his kicking and passing are suboptimal, out of every player in our squad Mann has added the most to his game. His kicking and passing have improved out of sight in the last 2 seasons.

Joel-22

Juniors
Yeah I like Mann’s efforts and ability to come up with a play here and there but he is not a 6. He kills far too many plays.

I think he makes a better 13 than Watson though.

I like Watson but I might be in the minority that would probably retain Mann over him. Whatever way the club goes I will be happy though. Splitting hairs really.

But I agree, he's not the answer at 5/8. At least not at this stage, all things considered.

PhilGould

Bench
Mann gets by as a half because of his running game, effort and defence but his ball playing skills are still lacking. I don't know why he hasn't gotten a run at right centre yet, seems his perfect spot.

I think Watson is a must keep as a lock/utility, Mann needs a set and defined role before I'd be re-signing him.

Yosh

Coach
Seeing Burton play centre with his ball playing and kicking ability showed how much we lack quality in thr halves. Panthers had three players who were more skilled than our two halves.

Mann is a quality player but perhaps doesn't fit in a team that wants to win the comp.

Tony Morris

Juniors
Any chance of getting Benji for a year? How is that guy 36 and still putting in that kind of performance with the speed of our game nowadays!! Incredible

Yosh

Coach
Any chance of getting Benji for a year? How is that guy 36 and still putting in that kind of performance with the speed of our game nowadays!! Incredible

I think Green was our Benji. I think we will go fit a good half with a bright future. Has anyone snapped up Moses yet? He will go for real good money but I would throw all of Pearce's money at the lad to be honest.

Tony Morris

Juniors
I think Green was our Benji. I think we will go fit a good half with a bright future. Has anyone snapped up Moses yet? He will go for real good money but I would throw all of Pearce's money at the lad to be honest.

If Townsend is going to the cows for $650 a year then what price do you put on Moses !! Think he'll stay at Paramatta myself.

Yosh

Coach
If Townsend is going to the cows for $650 a year then what price do you put on Moses !! Think he'll stay at Paramatta myself.

I have no idea but it seems the Cowboys are at the stage where they need to pay overs to attract players like we did in the past. I don't think we are that sort of club anymore. I reckon with the talent in the team, a young talented half would want to come and play along side the likes of Ponga, Best, Brailey etc.

I think we paid Pearce a million season so if we can fit Moses in for 700k, isnt that reasonable?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I have no idea but it seems the Cowboys are at the stage where they need to pay overs to attract players like we did in the past. I don't think we are that sort of club anymore. I reckon with the talent in the team, a young talented half would want to come and play along side the likes of Ponga, Best, Brailey etc.

I think we paid Pearce a million season so if we can fit Moses in for 700k, isnt that reasonable?

I’d say Moses will get around $850K-$900K for his next deal. I don’t think he’s worth that tbh but it shows how few really quality halves there are out there right now.

Old dog

Juniors
The main difference between Pearce and Moses is the time left in the game, Pearce virtually gone but Moses reaching his peak but it is a lot of money.

PhilGould

Bench
Moses is better than Pearce on his day but goes missing when his forwards aren't dominating. Total flat track bully. We need a half that's strong between the ears.

Clifford has all the talent to be a great halfback but I fear he'll continue to struggle if he's playing second fiddle to Pearce.

perverse

Referee
Moses is better than Pearce on his day but goes missing when his forwards aren't dominating. Total flat track bully. We need a half that's strong between the ears.

Clifford has all the talent to be a great halfback but I fear he'll continue to struggle if he's playing second fiddle to Pearce.
I actually have Pearce at 6 next year - second choice kicker, link man and running a fair bit. If we're going with Clifford, my choice would be to go all-in.

It probably won't play out that way, but I'd prefer it.

PhilGould

Bench
That makes the most sense when you weigh up their strengths and weaknesses but we'll probably end up with Pearce running around kicking balls into defenders legs while Clifford catches a cold out wide

Clifford is a 5/8, not a halfback.

Big, fast, decent passing and short kicking game but not an organiser

macavity

Referee
Surely we have to be knocking on Nicho Haynes door to play centre. From the Centy Coast so coming home might be attractive (or a massive turn off, who knows)

the other thought I have had is all of our NRL standard prop forwards are basically the same body shape and game. Three work rate bean poles. We need a big beast - a Paulo/ Papalii type body shape.

Latest posts