What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge The Myth ?

Tiger05

First Grade
Umm yeah nfi what you mean 05..

I will say this though. Look at the Pats without Brady. Easy to look good with blokes like him around. Reckon Bellamy is Bellamy without Smith ? Reckon Bellamy is as successful with our roste ??
I doubt it...

Pretty simple. I'd like to understand why he is so bad and what options there are available. I agree that it's pretty hard to judge who is a good coach. You need the cattle.

macnaz

Staff member
Whether its Madges fault or the players ,regardless if i were him id be dropping into Spazcoes office tomorrow morning and dropping the resignation letter on the desk .. id say im out at the end of the year so he can get his money and bludge his arse of for the year just like the thieves he has tried to coach.

Tigerm

First Grade
Michael Maguire facing the axe as Wests Tigers call crisis meeting
By Michael Chammas
April 25, 2021 — 6.51pm

Wests Tigers officials will hold a series of crisis meetings over the next 48 hours that could see Michael Maguire sacked as coach of the embattled club.

Fed-up Tigers officials have ordered an internal review after the club’s finals hopes were all but buried in Sunday’s humiliating ANZAC Day demolition at the hands of Manly at Bankwest Stadium.

The club is now trying to determine whether Maguire will continue as coach or if they would be better parachuting the likes of John Morris or Shane Flanagan into the hot seat after their sixth loss from seven games to open the season.

It appears the only thing now saving Maguire from the axe is the embarrassment some club powerbrokers want to avoid by parting ways with their fifth coach in nine years.

There’s a feeling inside the club that the Tigers have a better and more balanced roster than they did in 2020, yet they are going backwards at a rate of knots. One of the questions set to be asked in the coming days is why perceived improvements in the roster aren’t being met with improvements in performance.

The Herald can reveal Maguire has a clause in his recently inked two-year extension that will allow the club to part ways with him without much of a financial impact on the club. It’s understood there is a cap on a potential pay-out should the Tigers terminate Maguire’s deal.

Sunday’s loss saw this current crop of Tigers become the worst defensive team in the club’s history through seven rounds, not to mention the worst in the NRL for points conceded this year.

The Tigers have gone from ninth in Maguire’s first year in charge to 11th last year. They are now equal last with Brisbane and the Bulldogs after seven rounds.

Tigerm

First Grade
Not sure punting Madge is the answer, if it isn't and turns out that way, then maybe they need to look a bit further into the hierarchy?

Wizardman

First Grade
I don't think Madge is a myth. I do think it is time for him to go though.

The sad thing about his stint with us was at the first third of the season last year, I don't think I've seen a Wests Tigers side more desperate in defence as under Madge at the first couple of months.
After that, we leaked easy points ever since.
This year, we have simply gone backwards on both sides of the ball. I still feel there is further improvement left in our pack....but that will take time. Our halves and backs on the other hand are completely f**ked.

I get the feeling Madge has done his dash with us. Im sad about that but I think its time.Our management have not helped Madge's situation one ioata.

Das Hassler

Bench
I don't think Madge is a myth. I do think it is time for him to go though.

The sad thing about his stint with us was at the first third of the season last year, I don't think I've seen a Wests Tigers side more desperate in defence as under Madge at the first couple of months.
After that, we leaked easy points ever since.
This year, we have simply gone backwards on both sides of the ball. I still feel there is further improvement left in our pack....but that will take time. Our halves and backs on the other hand are completely f**ked.

I get the feeling Madge has done his dash with us. Im sad about that but I think its time.Our management have not helped Madge's situation one ioata.

I agree but i dont know how the management contributed to him not being able to get the job done....regardless of the calibre of the roster a coach can have 17 players giving 100% for 80 minutes or he can't. ..the truth is there for anyone to see. Of course we could cite BA's 2 spoons and redemption at the eels but i don't get the sense it will work out that way for us with madge.

Wizardman

First Grade
Player, coaches and mangers with any sort of future don't want to come to us. We need some sort of person with massive power to turn things around. Hi Harry Trigaboff!

Wizardman

First Grade
Player, coaches and mangers with any sort of future don't want to come to us. We need some sort of person with massive power to turn things around. Hi Harry Trigaboff!

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we hadn't already invested so much money into building the center of excellence I'd say to just completely scrap the Wests Tigers and get a new team started in Brisbane. Wests Tigers fans are already spread out across Sydney. It will be a bit hard at first but with enough incentives we could just start fresh and support new teams. I know that sounds ridiculous but lets face it - Balmain and Wests no longer exist. What are we really holding onto? We had a good crack keeping it alive but if we can merge two clubs that had nothing to do with each-other, surely we can merge the fans (which are spread out all over the f**king country) into new clubs.

The reason I'm writing this here is because I don't think this is Madge's fault, nor do I think he is capable of turning us around. The Wests Tigers simply isn't working. 2005 was a f**king fluke. I almost wish we didn't win it as it has given us 15 years of false hope that it can work.

Vozzy

Juniors
Maybe it would be best for Madges health to stand down I know he wont. I have no answers to be honest who will change this mess over night anyway no one. Whoever comes in won't change anything for awhile and then we will be calling for their head aswell. Can't see how we can do anything other then drop more players then the odd bench player make a mass of changes to shock players who think they are a walk up start.

Main problem is too many players on big money not playing to the money but at the end they will still get paid. Only way to make them accountable is not playing first grade otherwise it's more of them same.

Vozzy

Juniors
Maybe it would be best for Madges health to stand down I know he wont. I have no answers to be honest who will change this mess over night anyway no one. Whoever comes in won't change anything for awhile and then we will be calling for their head aswell. Can't see how we can do anything other then drop more players then the odd bench player make a mass of changes to shock players who think they are a walk up start.

Main problem is too many players on big money not playing to the money but at the end they will still get paid. Only way to make them accountable is not playing first grade otherwise it's more of them same.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Anyone else we bring in will just end up in the same shithole that every Wests Tigers coach ends up in.

Although, a new coach would have a clean slate with the salary cap + Hartigan overseeing the payments. Maybe we could get a better start this time around.

Das Hassler

Bench
Although, a new coach would have a clean slate with the salary cap + Hartigan overseeing the payments. Maybe we could get a better start this time around.

Probably and we'll soon have Ivan"s parting gifts finally gone and some real cap and roster space to work with.
For me....no Morris...good coach developing but we cannot afford the sentiment...and no and HELL NO to seibold.....Warren Ryan still lucid ?