What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs The Silvertails (Manly)

Jane Murray

Bench
I hope none of our Penrith players get picked, so that our season suffers from as little disruption as possible.
Translation, you do not have trust in our juniors, and you do not believe that the players deserves recognition? That is selfish.

tripster

Juniors
Translation, you do not have trust in our juniors, and you do not believe that the players deserves recognition? That is selfish.

It was said tongue in cheek. But there is little doubt that Origin risks seriously disrupting our premiership chances this year. And I don't just mean the games where our players are missing. I am also concerned about the prospect of injuries during Origin (I recall Cleary suffering a serious injury in his first year in Origin and missing the remaining two games) and fatigue lingering after Origin. I'd trade a Penrith Premiership for a NSW Origin series win without hesitation.

Jane Murray

Bench
It was said tongue in cheek. But there is little doubt that Origin risks seriously disrupting our premiership chances this year. And I don't just mean the games where our players are missing. I am also concerned about the prospect of injuries during Origin (I recall Cleary suffering a serious injury in his first year in Origin and missing the remaining two games) and fatigue lingering after Origin. I'd trade a Penrith Premiership for a NSW Origin series win without hesitation.
So can regular nrl games.

panthersam

Juniors
I hope none of our Penrith players get picked, so that our season suffers from as little disruption as possible.

You would think that Cleary and Yeo are the certainties at this stage, but yeah I’m hoping none of the others end up getting picked!

franklin2323

Immortal
Rep games are good for players to keep evolving their game and improving. Being picked for origin won't ruin our season.

I still have question marks over a few guys in big games. SOO is a big game but imo less important then a GF. So good practice for them

WestyLife

First Grade
I still have question marks over a few guys in big games. SOO is a big game but imo less important then a GF. So good practice for them

Pretty much mu thoughts. That's where the Storm have an advantage with guys like Munster and last year Smith are big game players.

I’ve always felt that big games like Origin make players better. The experience of playing in front of 80k people in a super charged game has to help come finals time.

snickers007

Juniors
I’ve always felt that big games like Origin make players better. The experience of playing in front of 80k people in a super charged game has to help come finals time.

It also provides a good opportunity to blood some rookies in the club games. We may not have known what Matt Burton was all about if Cleary and Maloney hadn't of both been on Origin duty.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Origin is good experience for the young ones as has been said - If selected they'll be better in the long run with big games (i.e. the grand final) which will only help us.

The ONLY reason I wouldn't want anyone selected is the injury concerns, but the experience gained far out weighs any risk (in my opinion).

franklin2323

Immortal
Origin is good experience for the young ones as has been said - If selected they'll be better in the long run with big games (i.e. the grand final) which will only help us.

The ONLY reason I wouldn't want anyone selected is the injury concerns, but the experience gained far out weighs any risk (in my opinion).

As long as you don't back them up for club after SOO then no extra games. They could get injured anyway playing for club

martielang

Bench
Tough game this one. I think we'll get the job done but I actually don't mind Manlys forward pack. Paseka, Sipley and Keppie are a little underrated and can potentially cause us a few issues. Schuster in a couple of years could be unplayable, looks a serious player.

But we'll still get it done. Hopefully.