What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8: Eels v Dogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 1/5/21

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Dylan has been poor this season... fact is he is still a 20 year old kid with a big future in front of him. It’s just frustrating as we all know what he’s capable of and what he was doing 12 months ago.

To me he is playing a bit-part role in the attack atm, all our structure comes from Reed/Mitch/NBrown and Gutho, all Dylbags seems to be doing is a link man and just takes the line on occasionally.

I think this is deliberate from the coaching staff, it’s good he doesn’t have any pressure on him because we are still winning footy games but he looks lost and frustrated on the field atm.

Anytime he seems to have half a chance to do something he seems to rush it and blows it.

I think he just needs to have one good game to get his mojo back and the team will be all the better for it.

eels_fan

First Grade
It amazes me that Gutho has been written off as an origin option for nsw. I’d have him at centre long before Wighton who has been rubbish. It’s better for us in the long run though.

anyone find it interesting that Moses went to fullback when Gutho came off?

T.S Quint

Coach
Love any time we beat the dogs but that was a sloppy game of rugby league. Not a great game at all, but happy with the win.
I suspect we were a little down after last weeks conditions and didn’t go all out since it wasn’t really needed. Still not much of an excuse for all the dropped ball in the second half though. Some of those were pretty shit.

On to next week. Let’s pick up our game and take on the Roosters! This ones going to be a lot more difficult.

T.S Quint

Coach
Imagine being 7-1 and calling for your five-eighth’s head :D That’ll do me.

Despite the team winning he’s been pretty average. Quite often below average as well, like in this game. He’s a young bloke who might need some time in the lower grades again to get some confidence back and work on his concentration. Or he may just need a good conversation with BA (and Johns too maybe).

In any case he needs to get better.

T.S Quint

Coach
Just saw the incident in the tackle b4 Nrown went down. Dog lifted knee into Nrowns hip on contact. Looks nasty but could have been worse if he got him in The Jatz Crackers. Might hear more from this.

I saw it.
I’m wondering what the penalty for lifting knees is these days. Probably a fine.
He should get a week though at least in my mind. Dangerous stuff that.

It amazes me that Gutho has been written off as an origin option for nsw. I’d have him at centre long before Wighton who has been rubbish. It’s better for us in the long run though.

Did Dunster replace Gutho? And who went to 7?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Eels basically played the game as if we won it before kick off, they didn’t care how we won, as long as we won. And it was planned by the brain’s trust
I'm hoping it was a combination of last week's conditions and one eye on The Chooks next week. Additionally it was all a tad easy early. Maybe a combination of all 3.
What's concerning is the offloads have dried up. Against better teams this is a huge part of our offence. What's more it appears to be the new team plan supported by the usual shift to the left. Hopefully a few surprises Friday night cause The Chooks will eat that stuff up.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Dylan has been poor this season... fact is he is still a 20 year old kid with a big future in front of him. It’s just frustrating as we all know what he’s capable of and what he was doing 12 months ago.

To me he is playing a bit-part role in the attack atm, all our structure comes from Reed/Mitch/NBrown and Gutho, all Dylbags seems to be doing is a link man and just takes the line on occasionally.

I think this is deliberate from the coaching staff, it’s good he doesn’t have any pressure on him because we are still winning footy games but he looks lost and frustrated on the field atm.

Anytime he seems to have half a chance to do something he seems to rush it and blows it.

I think he just needs to have one good game to get his mojo back and the team will be all the better for it.

I agree.

I think the kid is doing fine, for a kid who is just shy of being 21.

He's 21, and in his third season of First Grade, ffs.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm hoping it was a combination of last week's conditions and one eye on The Chooks next week. Additionally it was all a tad easy early. Maybe a combination of all 3.
What's concerning is the offloads have dried up. Against better teams this is a huge part of our offence. What's more it appears to be the new team plan supported by the usual shift to the left. Hopefully a few surprises Friday night cause The Chooks will eat that stuff up.

We've scored over 30 points in our last three consecutive matches, with offloads being "dried up" - I don't really see any need for concern, tbh, mate.

chiefy1

Juniors
We've scored over 30 points in our last three consecutive matches, with offloads being "dried up" - I don't really see any need for concern, tbh, mate.

Penrith are a great example of why teams should put the offload in the back pocket, playing before the line especially in your own 60 is less riskier than offloading as possession is extremely important with the new rules.
We're doing much better without the risky offload

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I did. I assumed it was to keep the superior defenders (Drown and Cartwright) in the defensive line.

Phillips

Referee

He'd be my first choice backup if Tedesco wasn't fit.