What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Tigers

Maddragon99

Juniors
How can a side go from 4 straight wins, where the forwards look dominant,& the backs explosive to one which turns in three consecutive losses where they look like a bunch of off-cuts who've never met?

Hook has got to wear some of this but I honestly can't think of two players that I would give a first grade jersey next week on today's performance,
Moose played well his defence & carries were strong I think he played 80mins. Vaughan was ok, Lawrie was ok. Rest of the pack was well beaten. Kerr in particular was simply awful.

Norman & Dufty were MIA Hunt & Bird tried. Feagai showed a lot of promise losing Lomax then Ramsey was critical.

Burns was a real worry I know he played out of position but he was simply terrible.

Expect big changes next week. Junior Amone 18th man was telling

jeffdragon

Bench
Tigers are shit, we just showed we have the capacity to be worse. Guess I shouldn't be buying any grand final tickets...
Planning a birthday now knowing the semis are gone.
Was hoping we'd be there but .
No way Jose.
Moose played well his defence & carries were strong I think he played 80mins. Vaughan was ok, Lawrie was ok. Rest of the pack was well beaten. Kerr in particular was simply awful.

Norman & Dufty were MIA Hunt & Bird tried. Feagai showed a lot of promise losing Lomax then Ramsey was critical.

Burns was a real worry I know he played out of position but he was simply terrible.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
The only forward i thought was strong was Vaughan. Rest pretty bloody average particularly with the football (when they caught it). Bird’s defence is too hit and miss. He may find himself in the second row replacing Kerr who’s not consistent enough at the moment in any part of his game.

kit66

Bench
What's Gareth Widdop up to these days ? Maybe him and Clune can get us on track. Or maybe we could buy some more sh*t forwards to complement the ones we have, not that we can blame the forwards today.
How useless are Hunt, Norman, McCullouch and Dufty, playing against a team that averages 30 points against this year and we manage to grab ONE lucky try against them.
In the last couple of losses I saw some good in our efforts but not today, today was worthy of Dragons 2020, 2019, 2016 etc, that's to say complete crap. Awful, impotent, embarrassing.

jeffdragon

Bench
We gave it to them on a platter
Any team would have given it to the tigers except us .
If we had of respected the ball points would have come.
Letting laurie out of in goals was a clincher.
After that there was only one team playing and it wasn't us.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
No words for that performance.

Changes required but we simply don't have the troops.

Burns is not ready for 1st grade, that's obvious.
The Kerr experiment should now be put to bed as teams have worked out his defensive flaws.
Norman, well, again had the opportunity to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and failed.
Did Dufty play today?
Hunt, didn't look fit and was tentative missing 9 tackles

I have no idea what our game plan was, only saw what we have witnessed over the last 8yrs and that's 1 out running, no spread, no variation. If the plan was to beat them through the middle, it failed miserably.

With Lomax, Ramsey (probably), JP and Rave out next week, who do we play?

Williame hasn't been sighted for a couple of weeks even in reserve grade. Matt Feagai has just returned from injury. Bud still out injured. SSE is still only a DS player.
Maybe Norman to centre (because we have no-one else) and Clune and Hunt in the halves.
In the forwards, Ford to come back in for Burns, maybe Faama but he has just played 1 game in a couple of weeks also.

Oh Trent, if you had just stuck around for a couple more weeks.

Spazer

Juniors
Bird really struggles 1 on 1, Ramsey can't diffuse and Kerr drops the ball more times than he runs. Burns looked bad defensively but was playing out of position. Mcguire and vaughan were the only two players who bent the line and looked like winning the momentum back for us but in the end we would just drop it cold.

Tigers are horrible but honestly we are in the same tier as them and I can't see us improving before the bye round.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The only forward i thought was strong was Vaughan. Rest pretty bloody average particularly with the football (when they caught it). Bird’s defence is too hit and miss. He may find himself in the second row replacing Kerr who’s not consistent enough at the moment in any part of his game.
That would be a good idea and I agree but we are so short on backs we might not have that option.

Dragon David

First Grade
I have no words.

Back to the McGregor era where you just knew this is what they’d dish up and boy, they didn’t disappoint.

Only Vaughan and McGuire for mine can hold their heads up from the forwards. Kerr needs a spell in reggies.

The backs are just as much a dog’s breakfast. Lost patience with Norman and losing patience with Dufty.

I shudder to think what Melbourne will do to us in a couple of weeks.
Agreed. I'm not happy with the way Bird has been playing.