What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Top performance from the lads again, I thought everyone was good.

3 walker - what a prospect
2 sitilli
1 B-Moz :(

Now the elephant in the room... injuries. Man we are having a horror run. I am gutted for Brett as that is probably career over. It sounds a tad harsh but I don't think losing him has that big affect on this side, Iku is a very good player and manu slots back in to centre. Brett's role from here is as an offf field leader and a source of inspiration for the squad.

Equally as gutted for Lindsay but at least he will return next year. He is a bigger loss IMO and we really can't afford for any of liu, JWH or SST to go down long term now.

I said it a couple weeks ago and ill say it again, what this team has done through 8 weeks given injuries is nothing short of incredible. We are still one of the 5 teams in with a chance, we probably don't have the quality to win it with all the injuries but I am enjoying the ride and they are building well for a major tilt the next couple of years.

What a bittersweet outcome last night.

I cannot recall feeling so down and disappointed after a win in my life.

I have never seen a dressing room quite like the one I watched on FOX League last night. It was surreal. I particularly feel bad for Brett Morris - it could spell the end of his long, illustrious career.

This injury situation is going to test our team's character and resolve to its very limits. If any team in the NRL can handle this, our mighty one can. Go the mighty Roosters.

3. Walker
2. Collins
1. Toups

Special mention to Sitili, both Morris brothers and Joey Manu as well. It was an unbelievable night at the office.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. Walker
2. Manu
1. J Moz

the many positives from the game outweigh the negatives (only just). Sam W continues to shine. He is playing like a 200 plus gamer and it’s hard to believe it’s only his 5th. His decision making on the run is astoundingly good. He took a few hits during the game and was clearly in discomfort after one of them just on half time but brushed it off like it was nothing.

Manu was great filling in at the back. He’s be a walk up fullback in any other side.

Aside from the disappointment and sadness from B Moz’s probable career ending injury we are lucky we still have his clone in the team. We will severely miss his defensive reads as well as his obvious try scoring feats but as I say Josh is just as good in both capacities.

We are one or two more major injuries away from asking the NRL for special dispensation just so we can field a team. Not sure if we can absorb anymore casualties but if those scenes post match in the room are anything to go by there were definitely signs from the group of the resolve and determination to push on with things. I guess they just have to.

Valheru

Coach
To put in to perspective what this team achieved yesterday take in to account the below:

Penrith - Edwards, cleary, luai, api and Kikau
Souths - latrell, reynolds, walker, cook and Su'a
Storm - paps, Munster, Hughes, Grant and Bromwich
Parra - Gutherson, browne, Moses, mahoney and papali'i

That is all those teams first choice spinet start of season plus their best 2nd rower. We put the cleaners through a side on the road without our equivalent of the above and I don't believe any of those sides apart from possibly the storm could do the same.

I am sure opposition fans would say "oh the adversity" and so on but that is pretty f**king impressive in my book. This team just has a will to win and we will probably ultimately fall short but I believe they will put in until there is nothing left.

Headless Chook

Juniors
To put in to perspective what this team achieved yesterday take in to account the below:

Penrith - Edwards, cleary, luai, api and Kikau
Souths - latrell, reynolds, walker, cook and Su'a
Storm - paps, Munster, Hughes, Grant and Bromwich
Parra - Gutherson, browne, Moses, mahoney and papali'i

That is all those teams first choice spinet start of season plus their best 2nd rower. We put the cleaners through a side on the road without our equivalent of the above and I don't believe any of those sides apart from possibly the storm could do the same.

I am sure opposition fans would say "oh the adversity" and so on but that is pretty f**king impressive in my book. This team just has a will to win and we will probably ultimately fall short but I believe they will put in until there is nothing left.
That certainly puts things in to perspective. While we mightn’t have the spine of choice we definitely have the heart. The obvious query is just how long we can keep it going.

3. Walker
2. Manu
1. Rads

I can’t remember ever feeling this flat after a win. So gutted for B Moz.
So where do we go from here, fellas? Sualli gets a start now, surely! Iku’s patience finally paying off and lands a spot in the starting side. Happy for him but thought his time would come next year. Jared gets his starting position back. Teddy back and Manu switches back to centre. Hutcho looks like he’s cemented his spot as the other half. He’s getting better each week guys. Kicks were deep and often finding space. He’s growing on me. Sitilli looks like he’s getting rested for a week after being sited for a shoulder charge. Iku likely to escape with a fine. Collins is the big loss for me. He’s close to irreplaceable but we still have a more than decent pack.

Sam, eh? I was saying to a mate that Keary’s injury (not that I don’t wish him back) had a silver lining. Sam would’ve eventually debuted of course but would he have been allowed to play the ad-lib brand he’s playing now? I’m looking forward to seeing how they pair up next year.

Anyway, we still kept them nil in the the 2nd half while with 11 men and we still troubled the scoreboard attendant. We’re not winning this year but we’ll certainly use the rest of the season as a springboard into 22.

Valheru

Coach
3. Walker
2. Manu
1. Rads

I can’t remember ever feeling this flat after a win. So gutted for B Moz.
So where do we go from here, fellas? Sualli gets a start now, surely! Iku’s patience finally paying off and lands a spot in the starting side. Happy for him but thought his time would come next year. Jared gets his starting position back. Teddy back and Manu switches back to centre. Hutcho looks like he’s cemented his spot as the other half. He’s getting better each week guys. Kicks were deep and often finding space. He’s growing on me. Sitilli looks like he’s getting rested for a week after being sited for a shoulder charge. Iku likely to escape with a fine. Collins is the big loss for me. He’s close to irreplaceable but we still have a more than decent pack.

Sam, eh? I was saying to a mate that Keary’s injury (not that I don’t wish him back) had a silver lining. Sam would’ve eventually debuted of course but would he have been allowed to play the ad-lib brand he’s playing now? I’m looking forward to seeing how they pair up next year.

Anyway, we still kept them nil in the the 2nd half while with 11 men and we still troubled the scoreboard attendant. We’re not winning this year but we’ll certainly use the rest of the season as a springboard into 22.

At this stage it will just be a direct swap with manu and B-Moz with teddy coming back so no need to debut sualli unless they want manu at 6 which I agree is not needed as hutch is playing a role at the moment. We also have Billy Smith returning soon whom will be ahead of sualli in the pecking order IMO. I really get the feeling Robbo doesn't want to play him this year unless absolutely necessary.

Lam due to return this week. What do we do there? Presumably he plays 14.

I am not willing to completely write off this side for the year, we are still 1 of 5 teams who can win it, we just have the lowest chance of those 5 teams given injuries.

Sneaking in to that top 4 will be a phenomenal result and great experience for the young guys.

Headless Chook

Juniors
The only way I see us winning the comp (or even getting close) is for the other contenders to have a similar number of injuries in key positions. It’s a pretty safe bet that sides which largely remain injury free over the season and into the finals will be in the box seat. Still it’s early days and like Babyface says some of these setbacks can be a blessing in disguise.

H.H

Juniors
I was probably 6 beers in by kick off, 8-9 by fulltime so my only points are 3 for Walker as it's pretty obvious he was best on ground. Hazy on the rest.

Far out those dressing room scenes were hard to watch. Very emotional, but I'm so proud of our club and I have no doubt that whatever happens this year we'll be swinging until the final minute.

Easts to Win.

At this stage it will just be a direct swap with manu and B-Moz with teddy coming back so no need to debut sualli unless they want manu at 6 which I agree is not needed as hutch is playing a role at the moment. We also have Billy Smith returning soon whom will be ahead of sualli in the pecking order IMO. I really get the feeling Robbo doesn't want to play him this year unless absolutely necessary.

Lam due to return this week. What do we do there? Presumably he plays 14.

I am not willing to completely write off this side for the year, we are still 1 of 5 teams who can win it, we just have the lowest chance of those 5 teams given injuries.

Sneaking in to that top 4 will be a phenomenal result and great experience for the young guys.

Guess a lot of that depends on where the playing group’s heads are at with these injuries. Robbo will need to keep them up and believing in themselves.
So does Daniel Fifita come back into the conversation or is Robbo pissed off with the punch on Arrow? He’s not injured, is he?

Guess a lot of that depends on where the playing group’s heads are at with these injuries. Robbo will need to keep them up and believing in themselves.
So does Daniel Fifita come back into the conversation or is Robbo pissed off with the punch on Arrow? He’s not injured, is he?

As bad as it was they need to get back to grindstone and prepare for Parramatta this Friday- I assume Baker will come in for Collins and Ikuvalua for B Morris - Egan Butcher for Sitili who will miss a game through suspension. Nat Butcher will start in Sitili place.

Not sure about Lam coming back in as Benny M is doing a good job unless his dispensation ends with Lam's return.

Reports that Keighran had a fractured eye socket and would be out for 4 to 10 weeks is confusing as he played Dummy Half for North Sydney vs Newcastle in reggies prior to the NRL game.

As bad as it was they need to get back to grindstone and prepare for Parramatta this Friday- I assume Baker will come in for Collins and Ikuvalua for B Morris - Egan Butcher for Sitili who will miss a game through suspension. Nat Butcher will start in Sitili place.

Not sure about Lam coming back in as Benny M is doing a good job unless his dispensation ends with Lam's return.

Reports that Keighran had a fractured eye socket and would be out for 4 to 10 weeks is confusing as he played Dummy Half for North Sydney vs Newcastle in reggies prior to the NRL game.

What of Fifita mate, know of any news there?

H.H

Juniors
I was probably 6 beers in by kick off, 8-9 by fulltime so my only points are 3 for Walker as it's pretty obvious he was best on ground. Hazy on the rest.

Far out those dressing room scenes were hard to watch. Very emotional, but I'm so proud of our club and I have no doubt that whatever happens this year we'll be swinging until the final minute.

Easts to Win.
OK, watched a replay:

3 - Walker
2 - Sitili
1 - Radley

I think you are referring to Sam Verrills, who has a semi-detached retina? Boy we are having some horrendous luck at the moment. You would not credit it, honestly.

Latest posts