What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sharks

franklin2323

Immortal
Tago, Hopgood, maybe Falls during origin would be my guess. No more than a game or two for each. There are plenty besides those that could debut if we needed it through injurues but I think Tago will get a game because he just looks to good for that level, Hopgood because Yeo will play origin and its a chance to get him some minutes and Falls is a possible if both halves get picked, he is probably the best goalkicker at the club right now and plays like Nathan.

Edit: ALso Salmon is a chance if he is fit, his form in NSW cup has been very good.

Lindsay Smith is very close to being picked

If Luai plays SOO I reckon Falls debuts. May's role is too important off the bench

betcats

Referee
Lindsay Smith is very close to being picked

If Luai plays SOO I reckon Falls debuts. May's role is too important off the bench

I’d like to see Lindsay get a run. We have some good young middle forwards coming through with smith, hopgood, tanner and Liam Henry looks like another one, he was impressive albeit against a well beaten Blacktown.

The big backrower goes well, I know he’s 29 but if we had some injuries he could probably do the job.

age.s

First Grade
Is it a bizarre feeling for anyone else going into most games as an overwhelming favourite? Having followed the Panthers for 33 years, this is very much the exception.

It's been bizzaro year for a whole load of reasons.

But yes, against the Sharks of all teams. I was terrified of them just a few years ago. All those gun ex Panthers always put a bit extra in against us.

betcats

Referee
Smith by half time on the weekend had run 110 meters .he will not let us down if picked

By next season I think we will be more worried about losing the young middle forwards we can’t fit in the side rather than worrying about our depth in the middle, a lot of the guys in cup might be young and raw now but they are clearly talented and working hard given the results.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Is it a bizarre feeling for anyone else going into most games as an overwhelming favourite? Having followed the Panthers for 33 years, this is very much the exception.
Yep... It's a weird feeling - Even when I'm confident (as I am in this game), there's the Panthers fan inside me, standing in the corner throwing Tooheys New cans telling me to wake up.

betcats

Referee
Yep... It's a weird feeling - Even when I'm confident (as I am in this game), there's the Panthers fan inside me, standing in the corner throwing Tooheys New cans telling me to wake up.

I hope those Tooheys cans are full when you’re lobbing them cause I’d be worried about you if you were drinking that stuff :wink:

ACTPanthers

Bench
I hope those Tooheys cans are full when you’re lobbing them cause I’d be worried about you if you were drinking that stuff :wink:
Ha ha! Yeah I don't tell many people, but became attached when I was posted to Darwin (anything cold is considered good up there).

But please, don't judge me because of this monumental lapse in character...

franklin2323

Immortal
I’d like to see Lindsay get a run. We have some good young middle forwards coming through with smith, hopgood, tanner and Liam Henry looks like another one, he was impressive albeit against a well beaten Blacktown.

The big backrower goes well, I know he’s 29 but if we had some injuries he could probably do the job.

The Flegg side has even more.

Tonga is a beast and only SG Ball age

WestyLife

First Grade

Yep. It's definitely taken getting used to. Manly last week was the first time I wasn't anxious pre game.

panthersam

Juniors
I’m more confident in this game than I have been for the last few, can’t see them having anything at all for us! I hope Moylan plays, he crumbled last time Martin was coming at him and I can only see the same happening

tripster

Juniors
From their team of last week, Braden Hamlin-Uele is also injured (and has been very good for them off the bench). Their team is only weaker than the team that lost last week. Very hard to see them matching it with us. Like others have said, the first half might end up being close, but I expect a blow out late in the game, particularly given it is at Penrith on a Friday night.

I'd love to see Staines have a similar game to when he debuted against the Sharks last year.

panther.mike

Juniors
We can only beat ourselves........overconfident thinking this one will be easy and Moylan and Wade will pull our pants down.

Latest posts