What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 R9 Sat - Canberra 16-24 Newcastle @ McDonalds Park

Round 9: Canberra v Newcastle

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2021 - Round 9
Canberra Raiders v Newcastle Knights
McDonalds Park, East Wagga Wagga (TICKETS)
Saturday 8 May 2021

NSW Cup 12:40pm -- NRL kickoff 3pm

CANBERRA-2021.png

1. Caleb Aekins 2. Bailey Simonsson 3. Sebastian Kris 4. Curtis Scott 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Jack Wighton 7. George Williams 8. Josh Papali'i 9. Tom Starling 10. Emre Guler 11. Corey Harawira-Naera 12. Elliott Whitehead 13. Ryan Sutton
Interchange: 14. Siliva Havili 15. Hudson Young 16. Corey Horsburgh 17. Joseph Tapine 18. Sam Williams 19. Ryan James 20. Matthew Timoko 21. Dunamis Lui

NEWCASTLE-2021.png

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Brayden Musgrove 3. Enari Tuala 4. Bradman Best 5. Hymel Hunt 6. Kurt Mann 7. Phoenix Crossland 8. David Klemmer 9. Jayden Brailey 10. Daniel Saifiti 11. Tyson Frizell 12. Mitchell Barnett 13. Connor Watson
Interchange: 14. Sauaso Sue 15. Jacob Saifiti 16. Brodie Jones 17. Pasami Saulo 18. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 19. Starford To'a 20. Josh King 21. Tex Hoy

fevf2bE.jpg

Referees: Adam Gee
Sideline Officials: Phil Henderson, Wyatt Raymond
Video Referees: Henry Perenara

NSW Cup
Canberra v Newcastle @ McDonald's Park, Sat 12:40pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

GongPanther

Referee
Saturday at 3pm

good time slot so when we lose i can walk straight into a pub and just start sinking beers until i die
Think I might do the same and watch those four legged things run around a big circle and swear at the fookers when I don't get a result.

Canberra by 26-18.

nick87

Coach
Been watching very closely and boy Ponga just doesnt give a f**k at times does he?
Really getting some flat track bully vibes
Fortunately for the knights, there is no flatter track than the Raiders right now

Knights by 1-12

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
We have a bottom four back five. Drop Havili off the bench, bring in James and try win it through bash and barge please.

Rod

Bench
Been watching very closely and boy Ponga just doesnt give a f**k at times does he?
Really getting some flat track bully vibes

I know Ponga gets paid the big bucks but targeting him as the source of our problems this year is an odd one when he's ranged from very solid to excellent (Sharks game) in his 4 games this season.

Put Tedesco or Tom T into this current Knights rabble with a Kurt Mann/Blake Green halves pairing and see how they go. I doubt much better.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
I know Ponga gets paid the big bucks but targeting him as the source of our problems this year is an odd one when he's ranged from very solid to excellent (Sharks game) in his 4 games this season.

Put Tedesco or Tom T into this current Knights rabble with a Kurt Mann/Blake Green halves pairing and see how they go. I doubt much better.

Knights with Hoy - 2-2 with losses being close games.
Knights with Ponga - 1-3 and getting smashed.

Hoy > Ponga

Reactions: Rod

nick87

Coach

Yeah im not saying he's a bad player or that he's the problem, far from it. He's obviously very good and he's going to absolutely rip this raiders team apart

But i watch him every week and it seems to me as far as club footy goes, if the knights are in it, he's really a lynch pin to their success, almost nothing good comes that isn't from him... but when the game starts to get away from them, he throws the towel in real quick. I wonder how you build a consistent winner if your best player has that sort of mindset.