What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

Kornstar

Coach
Some people struggle with concept of consent. He may well be on a steep learning curve in Silverwater Jail.

He will certainly understand about consent after his stay.

There is no doubt that historically being forceful may eventually get you into the promised land and I am sure half our fathers did questionable things when wooing partners and probably married them too.

Watch Rocky, I am pretty sure the way he pressured Adrian would be considered sexual assault and while it has never been acceptable, it happened and was just life, I am sure there were many cases where some kind of abuse remained, however I would imagine a significant amount of them were happy and never felt wronged.

Equally, males would have had the same things happen to them, difference being really no one gives a shit, which I am actually ok with.

I know I have said no in the past and the females continued and tried to force more and were very persistent inappropriately and from my point of view other than being annoyed because I wasn't interested I wouldn't consider it sexual assault because I had the ability to stop it.

The issue when it is the other way is that there is not necessarily the ability to stop it when the piece of shit can't take no for an answer and that is why understanding that the word no is important here!

hindy111

Post Whore
Not so sure they'd be interested in his being a parishioner when he gets out... All these legal fees and loss of income can't have left him much in the bank... It makes him a decidedly less, ahem, valuable member of the congregation now....

Ahh... Have a look at the properties he was purchasing and selling. Made just as much there as he did in footy. His earliest purchases show how much he was on back at Parra in his early years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I never said that. Where is the actual proof that she actually said no.
Hayne admitted she said no. The thing was he assumed it just meant no to a specific sex act. I feel like as soon as she says no all touching should stop. There is no safe way forward from there. Get back in the taxi and try your luck elsewhere. Now he's in prison.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Some people struggle with concept of consent. He may well be on a steep learning curve in Silverwater Jail.
We live in a world where people are always trying to change other people's minds. A dude in a certain frame of mind is likely to think no now could mean yes in five minutes, especially if it's happened to him before. I have no doubt Hayne and plenty of other blokes are struggling to see how he did anything wrong.

As for these fantasies about prison rape, there is zero chance of it happening to someone of Hayne's stature. Most merkins in there will be terrified of him and everyone will want to be his friend. He's not in there for attacking children.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not so sure they'd be interested in his being a parishioner when he gets out... All these legal fees and loss of income can't have left him much in the bank... It makes him a decidedly less, ahem, valuable member of the congregation now....
Those people love a redemption story. Hayne will be a guest speaker there for sure. He just might have to do it for free.

Gronk

Staff member
We live in a world where people are always trying to change other people's minds. A dude in a certain frame of mind is likely to think no now could mean yes in five minutes, especially if it's happened to him before. I have no doubt Hayne and plenty of other blokes are struggling to see how he did anything wrong.

As for these fantasies about prison rape, there is zero chance of it happening to someone of Hayne's stature. Most merkins in there will be terrified of him and everyone will want to be his friend. He's not in there for attacking children.
Have you been in prison ? What did you do ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Have you been in prison ? What did you do ?
A close relative and a couple of mates have been to prison. I'm glad I haven't been but I think I've got a fair idea of what it's like in there. Have any of your homeboys been in for embezzlement?

crocodile

Bench
Hayne admitted she said no. The thing was he assumed it just meant no to a specific sex act. I feel like as soon as she says no all touching should stop. There is no safe way forward from there. Get back in the taxi and try your luck elsewhere. Now he's in prison.
I've seen no such admission.

Gronk

Staff member
A close relative and a couple of mates have been to prison. I'm glad I haven't been but I think I've got a fair idea of what it's like in there. Have any of your homeboys been in for embezzlement?
I only know two people who embezzled.

The first was a lawyer who dipped into his trust account. When the shit hit the fan and some clients were in reception, he threw his chair out the window and jumped out after it.

The second is that Dover Heights lady who they found her foot down in Tathra. My wife tells me that we met her 10 years ago at a school function.

Edit: do drug dealers count ? I know some who are in the can.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So what. She didn't want a shag. He didn't shag her. Did he deny that she said no to other means of pleasure. It isn't black and white. Anyway, enough of this shit. There's a game on tonight that I intend to watch. First some dinner and a nice red.
I think you'll find that attempting to stimulate a woman's genitals without a penis involved counts as having sex. Ask any lesbian. Therefore saying no to sex means no to sexual contact. I understand in reality there's a continuum (the American high school movie four bases system) but legally, once you hear no you need to wind it back to zero or you're committing a crime.

Plenty of women won't even say no when they don't want to have sex. How strongly must they be feeling about it when they do say no?

Wally21

Bench
Regardless of the views on what happened with this, (I personally will go with the court ruling), the way his “supporters” acted outside the court was appalling and utterly disgraceful. Seems to reinforce the sense of entitlement that got Hayne into the position in the first place