What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleary v Ponga

betcats

Referee
Props to Cleary for his first ever try assist that wasn’t a kick. Just waiting for him to something decent in a big game now.

Cleary is so much better than Ponga its not even funny.

Your own immortal is telling the knights to copy the panthers cause the knights are broken Ponga is a big part of that, overpaid, overhyped pea heart who shows up once a month.

Yeah because nobody in a losing side has ever had a good game.

So, therefore, your original comment is completely redundant. Even Ponga’s “decent” Origin game was not enough to win the series for QLD.

Keep taking your time by the way with any comments you may have regarding Ponga’s performances in an NRL finals series......

betcats

Referee
His first Origin game in 2018 was comfortably better than anything Cleary has produced at rep level.

No, game 2 last year Cleary easily outdid that perfomance, MOTM in a must win game. Described by sterling as one of the best nsw halves performaces ever.

No, game 2 last year Cleary easily outdid that perfomance, MOTM in a must win game. Described by sterling as one of the best nsw halves performaces ever.

Yet that game wouldn’t be considered a “big game” by the likes of @mozza91

Quite understandable though, given that his boy Ponga hasn’t really played in many. NRL Finals for example......

myrrh ken

First Grade

betcats

Referee

betcats

Referee
It’s so easy to get you all riled up.

Is Ponga even a top five fullback? Its just insulting to have him compared to the games best halfback. Tedyy, Turbo, Pap, Latrell, RTS and maybe even Brimson. He is average, super talented no doubt but he isnt living up to it.

mozza91

Coach
Is Ponga even a top five fullback? Its just insulting to have him compared to the games best halfback. Tedyy, Turbo, Pap, Latrell, RTS and maybe even Brimson. He is average, super talented no doubt but he isnt living up to it.
I’ve got him at 5th tbh. Tedesco, RTS and Trbojevic are definitely the top 3. Latrell is next and then Ponga.

He’s a better all round attacking player than Brimson and Papenhuyzen. If you put Papi in an average side he’s nothing special.

betcats

Referee
I’ve got him at 5th tbh. Tedesco, RTS and Trbojevic are definitely the top 3. Latrell is next and then Ponga.

He’s a better all round attacking player than Brimson and Papenhuyzen. If you put Papi in an average side he’s nothing special.

Fair enough, not sure I agree re Pap I think he has a lot of talent. Right now Turbo is the best I think, Teddy has the runs on the board but on current form Turbo is the best player in the comp.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully Ponga bounces back with his form and consistency to make this a genuine question.

When this thread was started Ponga was easily superior to Cleary. So it was kind of a rhetorical question as no one would genuinely choose Nathan back then... Well unless you had a team with Turbo or Teddy at fullback i guess. But Ponga has gone backwards since while Cleary continues to develop his game.