What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Wests Tigers @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Loose Cannon

Bench
I was at the home loss to these clowns. We were very poor. Tonight blows that out of the water.

Every week, it gets worse, yet nothing changes on the team sheet. Mann and Tuala need to spend the rest of their time here in second grade. No reprieve.

perverse

Referee
I was at the home loss to these clowns. We were very poor. Tonight blows that out of the water.

Every week, it gets worse, yet nothing changes on the team sheet. Mann and Tuala need to spend the rest of their time here in second grade. No reprieve.
Agree, they can't survive the chop if the coach has any brains at all. Jones is more than capable of filling in at centre, and it can't be a given to the squad that if they play like Mann just did their jersey is waiting for them next week.

Sugar FNC

Juniors
Awful basic errors time and time again
Hello fellas, I'm a first time contributer.
I was at the very first Knights game at Marathon, (yes I still call it Marathon) in 1988.
Yes we've had 2 premierships.
I'm 67 years old and fear that I may die before I might witness another.
I now live on the far north coast NSW but surely we can sign local talent that wants & needs to win for each other.
I don't know much about coaching but fair dinkom is anybody listening.
Go the Knights but please go with me.

perverse

Referee
Sisagi just coming off injury?
I'd give him a go in the centres next week if he's fit.
It's not about who you bring in at 6, it's at the point where it has to be about who you're taking out. I would start dropping blokes and calling them out publically in press conferences exactly why they've been dropped. We pussy foot around our players - almost as if the club feels privileged to have them play for us rather than the other way around - especially our bigger names. The coach needs to send a message to the players that this isn't anywhere near good enough - and if he doesn't then the club needs to send that message to the coach.

We're there now. Action needs to be taken. Something needs to change.

Jono078

Referee
It's not about who you bring in at 6, it's at the point where it has to be about who you're taking out. I would start dropping blokes and calling them out publically in press conferences exactly why they've been dropped. We pussy foot around our players - almost as if the club feels privileged to have them play for us rather than the other way around - especially our bigger names. The coach needs to send a message to the players that this isn't anywhere near good enough - and if he doesn't then the club needs to send that message to the coach.

We're there now. Action needs to be taken. Something needs to change.
He's let them be as comfortable as they can for someone who was driving home the "be comfortable in the uncomfortable".

Maybe the blokes took him too literally and they are super comfortable with shit losses.

perverse

Referee
Hello fellas, I'm a first time contributer.
I was at the very first Knights game at Marathon, (yes I still call it Marathon) in 1988.
Yes we've had 2 premierships.
I'm 67 years old and fear that I may die before I might witness another.
I now live on the far north coast NSW but surely we can sign local talent that wants & needs to win for each other.
I don't know much about coaching but fair dinkom is anybody listening.
Go the Knights but please go with me.
Welcome mate, and condolences for being a long time Knights fan. They haven't deserved us for a long time now.

perverse

Referee
I know he's not popular at the moment but To'a has more ability in his little toe than Hoy does as a fullback. You see glimpses of it when he gets a bit of room to move, he's being wasted as a battering ram winger.
Agreed, I'd give him a shot there over Hoy for sure. I don't know what anyone sees in Hoy. He's a total plodder - an absolute liability whenever he plays.

Matt23

Staff member
Agreed, I'd give him a shot there over Hoy for sure. I don't know what anyone sees in Hoy. He's a total plodder - an absolute liability whenever he plays.
Local & daddy's mate = Knights contract, which is part of the problem

perverse

Referee
Local & daddy's mate = Knights contract, which is part of the problem
If he gets another contract on the back of that and what he's shown in first grade so far then I think I just give up. There's no hope for the club if they reward this sort of mediocrity.

perverse

Referee
13 minutes into the Brisbane/Manly match and Brisbane are showing more resilience and commitment in defence than we are - by a long way.

Jono078

Referee
I just watched the AOB conference and once again I was fairy happy with his responses.

Someone concerning he doesn't see these performances coming, he says we train just as good as the Storm and the Roosters and it absolutely doesn't show in style or attitude.

He said he didn't want to put any individual on notice but did say if they cant get the job done then we will go to recruitment next year. May be too late for him then if he can't get things sorted in the short to medium term.

slotmachine

First Grade
He spent 5 minutes saying nothing new, other than he'll recruit if these clowns don't get it together.

Im sure that means Mann's contact extension announced next week

Yosh

Coach
Sterlo called 4 sin bins this weekend and we've had 4 this first game.

Watson, Braiely, To'a and Frizell and a few others were really good. However, we sucked real bad out there tonight. I'm going to make a compilation of every touch Mann had tonight. I've never made anything like this before but I think I need to. That performance from Mann was by far the worst I've seen in a Knights jersey.