What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 10 vs Wests Tigers @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 10: Wests Tigers v Newcastle

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Someone concerning he doesn't see these performances coming, he says we train just as good as the Storm and the Roosters and it absolutely doesn't show in style or attitude.
This is what Bennett used to say. Then he hinted they were playing only for an NRL spot and not to win the comp.
Bennett said it's the first time he has been at a club with that (lack of) attitude.
Now the same comes up.
Do we roll heads from the top down?

Jono078

Referee
This is what Bennett used to say. Then he hinted they were playing only for an NRL spot and not to win the comp.
Bennett said it's the first time he has been at a club with that (lack of) attitude.
Now the same comes up.
Do we roll heads from the top down?
Maybe we need to reward gameday efforts rather than weekly efforts.

We need a roster full of players on one year contracts playing for their futures.

I'm really torn on where the blame goes. I think it's coaching, we haven't looked like a cohesive unit since AOB has been here.

Bennett may have said that and been right but he still took us a game shy of the grand final.

General Knight

Juniors
Hoy committing daylight robbery by getting all these nrl gigs. Still doesnt see what he offers. Theres no skill, no speed, no athleticism. Dont see any heart or effort from him either. He seems to have this laid back too cool school attitude, much like his house mate Ponga. Only difference is KP has way more talent in his pinky finger alone than Hoy.

perverse

Referee
Not only was Joey outrageously talented but he HATED losing, to the point of petulance when doing so. Id kill for some players with even half of his passion for winning right now.
Buderus was our last true leader - a player that commanded universal respect and could demand a performance out of his men. Gids tried and was occaisionally effective. Nothing since.

Knight Tales

Juniors
What did he say ?

-club is used to being on a rollercoaster and we need to get off of it.
- dust ourselves off for the Cowboys.
- we were manhandled by the Tigers.

He is just so predictable. I can’t put into words how disappointed I am cos I really
Did honestly believe he was the answer. Happy to be proven wrong but I do not see it.

Apey

Staff member
Buderus was our last true leader - a player that commanded universal respect and could demand a performance out of his men. Gids tried and was occaisionally effective. Nothing since.
Pretty much. Buderus was just as valuable as Joey in that he was the best clubman you could get, loved the club, never wanted to let anyone down and played like that every game. He didn't have that same hatred of losing as Joey did but what he had was just as valuable. We have no players like either of them - and I'm not even talking about talent.

Sadly the closest clubman we probably have coming up is Brodie Jones right now.

Sugar FNC

Juniors
Welcome mate, and condolences for being a long time Knights fan. They haven't deserved us for a long time now.
It's not that I'm out of love with them but how can they not play NRL standard week in week out?
I had & still kind of support AOB. He needs to put his job or his players on the line right now.
Drop your worst & deal with it!

perverse

Referee
Pretty much. Buderus was just as valuable as Joey in that he was the best clubman you could get, loved the club, never wanted to let anyone down and played like that every game. He didn't have that same hatred of losing as Joey did but what he had was just as valuable. We have no players like either of them - and I'm not even talking about talent.

Sadly the closest clubman we probably have coming up is Brodie Jones right now.
Yep, what he had was total and genuine respect. In a leader, you need someone that you're embarrassed to let down.

Loose Cannon

Bench
-club is used to being on a rollercoaster and we need to get off of it.
- dust ourselves off for the Cowboys.
- we were manhandled by the Tigers.

He is just so predictable. I can’t put into words how disappointed I am cos I really
Did honestly believe he was the answer. Happy to be proven wrong but I do not see it.

I really wanted him to be the coach that Gardner wanted to sell us. But just like Brown, his pressers are full of nothing. Might as well read a teleprompter.

It's not that I'm out of love with them but how can they not play NRL standard week in week out?
AOB has it right that there's no winning culture.
No clue how you create that though except for winning. Maybe that same roller-coaster culture is from the top right down.
I'd roll some heads in management and replace them with guys who were around when we knew what winning meant.
Gardner to go.

lol he'll probably drop Crossland & keep Mann if Green is back next week, can see it now
Yeah. That would be the usual but surely he can see that Mann was woeful and Green is better at 6.
We can't keep relying on Mann having one of his good games, they are rare.