What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I reckon Zach Dockar-Clay should be given a run He was one of the two stand outs for me from the Magpies game last night. Took control of a team that had 7 last minute changes and made new guys to the team look good.

The main stand out to me was the coach Ben Gardiner. 7 players named on Tuesday not available to play on Thursday as a safety precaution with covid. Only 3 players playing in the position they where named in. Maybe just one day to prepare the new look side. The Magpies in 2nd place played Norths in 3rd place (who had beaten us earlier in the season) and won comfortably. Amazing achievement. Could Madge have done the same? Ben Gardiner has them playing good attacking football along with quality defense.The players love him. He has increased the skills level of at least a couple of them.

If coach's where the same as players I would drop Madge ( I am sure he does his best but just hasn't made the grade) and bring Ben Gardiner up to first grade along with the rest of his coaching squad.

BOLD PREDICTION Ben Gardiner could become the Wests Tigers equivalent of Melbourne's Bellamy. .

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I have seen posts in other sections saying the Tigers are in talks with Morris. Surely they are not contemplating John Morris as our new coach. If this turns out to be true I will not waste any emotions on thinking he could make any difference to our chances of finishing top 12.

I reckon Zach Dockar-Clay should be given a run He was one of the two stand outs for me from the Magpies game last night. Took control of a team that had 7 last minute changes and made new guys to the team look good.
Would make a good utility Ned, he has played 6, 9 and 7 so far and kicked 6 goals last night. I think Madden will be be 1st cab off the rank to play 7 and they could do worse than play the NSW Cup halves together in 1st grade.

WA Tiger

Bench
surely he's been through a thorough medical in regards to these injuries though right? Unless our medical staff have been trained by Dr Nick Riviera, would not surprise me in the slightest.
At least this time WT shouldn’t have to test Gildarts running speed...The WT speed tester is broken apparently ...As well He’s got some of what Lauries got with - whatever you have to do to get over the line and however you do it

BrotherJim05

Bench
I have seen posts in other sections saying the Tigers are in talks with Morris. Surely they are not contemplating John Morris as our new coach. If this turns out to be true I will not waste any emotions on thinking he could make any difference to our chances of finishing top 12.

If it's for an assistant coach role I think it would be perfect. Players love Morris. He will be the perfect coach to give the players a cuddle if Madge starts getting "too tough" for them.

Perth Tiger

Bench
JAC ran 6 tries past him last week.
Not a good signing.
You don’t think Benji played a significant role in turning that edge into tigers level defence?

Gagai would be a massive upgrade on what we have but we aren’t signing any current origin players at the moment

Mario chalmers

Juniors

The main stand out to me was the coach Ben Gardiner. 7 players named on Tuesday not available to play on Thursday as a safety precaution with covid. Only 3 players playing in the position they where named in. Maybe just one day to prepare the new look side. The Magpies in 2nd place played Norths in 3rd place (who had beaten us earlier in the season) and won comfortably. Amazing achievement. Could Madge have done the same? Ben Gardiner has them playing good attacking football along with quality defense.The players love him. He has increased the skills level of at least a couple of them.

If coach's where the same as players I would drop Madge ( I am sure he does his best but just hasn't made the grade) and bring Ben Gardiner up to first grade along with the rest of his coaching squad.

BOLD PREDICTION Ben Gardiner could become the Wests Tigers equivalent of Melbourne's Bellamy. .

Docker Clay was good. He plays behind some absolute monster forwards which helps.

I watched Tuki Simpkins closely. He is a huge man, carrying 3 or 4 defenders with him on every hitup and was still threatening offloads. He's got to be given a run soon.

Austin Dias is an interesting player. Very strong carries and again a big, big guy. Showed ability passing before the line as well. Still quite raw but he is destined for NRL if we don't get him on a contract for next year.

These two guys are dominating reserve grade. If you hypothetically dropped Joffa or Luke Garner back to reggies I don't think they'd be anywhere near as dominant. I'd also favour these guys being selected over Seyfarth despite all the love for him this weekend.

Special mention to Israel Ogden who was very good at the back in his second game at that level. Definitely one to follow in coming weeks.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
You don’t think Benji played a significant role in turning that edge into tigers level defence?

Gagai would be a massive upgrade on what we have but we aren’t signing any current origin players at the moment
Nope, not keen on Gagai unless we got him cheap as chips. Just can't see him busting a gut for us week in week out at this stage of his career.

Tigerm

First Grade
Parramatta Eels halfback Mitchell Moses reportedly re-signs on three-year deal
Liam O'Loughlin 1 day ago

Moses has been hot property in the player market in recent months, with a host of clubs in the mix to sign the playmaker.

The 26-year-old had an option in his favour for 2022, but now also looks set to remain in the blue and gold long-term according to senior reporter Brent Read on Triple M NRL.

“Today was option day for Mitchell Moses...he had an option in his contract for next season," he said.

"It’s my understanding that not only will he take up that option, but he will now extend his deal with Parramatta for at least three seasons.

"That’s the word coming out of Parramatta tonight."

Moses has played 159 first grade games to date, and was a standout during the Nines World Cup for Australia back in 2019.

The news of Moses' extension comes just days after NSW Origin forward Nathan Brown re-signed with the Eels.

The playmaker open market is in full-swing at the moment, with plenty of big-name halfbacks and five-eighths without deals for next year.

Corey Norman, Shaun Johnson and Ash Taylor are all off-contract, while Rabbitohs skipper Adam Reynolds signed a three-year deal with the Broncos on Thursday.

Parramatta will take on the Warriors on Sunday as part of Magic Round.

Tigerm

First Grade
Docker Clay was good. He plays behind some absolute monster forwards which helps.

I watched Tuki Simpkins closely. He is a huge man, carrying 3 or 4 defenders with him on every hitup and was still threatening offloads. He's got to be given a run soon.

Austin Dias is an interesting player. Very strong carries and again a big, big guy. Showed ability passing before the line as well. Still quite raw but he is destined for NRL if we don't get him on a contract for next year.

These two guys are dominating reserve grade. If you hypothetically dropped Joffa or Luke Garner back to reggies I don't think they'd be anywhere near as dominant. I'd also favour these guys being selected over Seyfarth despite all the love for him this weekend.

Special mention to Israel Ogden who was very good at the back in his second game at that level. Definitely one to follow in coming weeks.
Don’t all halves need there forwards working to be effective, he had a great game on Thursday.

Agree, Simpkin, Tuilagi and Amone will be putting a lot of pressure on the FG blokes.

Though I thought Seyfarth is playing well, they had a huge pack, you are a hard task master.

Anyway, hopefully we can build on this game for the rest of the comp.

Latest posts