What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tommy T

SBD82

Coach
Legit watching the merkin live yesterday he’s on another planet...

He is the gangliest, pimple faced, big eared mofo too but jeez the merkin can play... every time he ran he poked his nose through, even when he was the decoy he drew so much attention.

You could see Parras defensive line just feet plant everytime Manly put a backline movement together, we shat ourselves not knowing if they were going to go out the back to Turbo or short to an edge forward/centre etc

Freddy is a million to one to drop Teddy but by playing Turbo in the centre’s or wing you are blunting so much of his attacking ability.
I’m an unapologetic fanboy of Turbo.

But it has worked before having Teddy at fullback and Turbo in the centres. Freddy was at least smart enough to give Turbo a license to roam.

Imagine being a defensive middle having to deal with Turbo and Teddy sniffing around the ruck. f**k that.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Legit watching the merkin live yesterday he’s on another planet...

He is the gangliest, pimple faced, big eared mofo too but jeez the merkin can play... every time he ran he poked his nose through, even when he was the decoy he drew so much attention.

You could see Parras defensive line just feet plant everytime Manly put a backline movement together, we shat ourselves not knowing if they were going to go out the back to Turbo or short to an edge forward/centre etc

Freddy is a million to one to drop Teddy but by playing Turbo in the centre’s or wing you are blunting so much of his attacking ability.

The thing this merkin has over Ted is he is massive as well as pretty quick. Wrapped up Sivo no problems at all. He is good at centres and we seem to be lacking a few, but we also need him roaming around in the open too.

Apey

Staff member
Turbos is pretty good but Wighton and Gutherson are more up Freddy's alley I reckon.

mxlegend99

Referee
Papenhuyzen won't be picked in the squad as he's out injured with a concussion and not expected to be fit for about 3-4 weeks.

Source: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/01/23/casualty-ward-all-the-latest-nrl-injury-news2/
This basically confirms Gutherson will be picked on the bench.

My guess.

1. Teddy
2. Fox
3. Wighton / Mitchell
4. Turbo
5. Tupou
6. Walker
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Cook
10. Paulo
11. Frizell
12. Crichton
13. Jurbo

14. Gutherson
15. Yeo
16. Brown
17. Saifiti

You just know he's going to play guys out of position and choose experience over form for game 1. They'll get pumped. He'll panic and make massive changes.

Might change with injuries/suspension. But i dont expect any rookies in game 1. Lots of talk around guys like To'o, Luai etc. Getting a run but Fittler has already shot it down saying club combinations aren't that important, experience is and these guys have played together at this level.

If we do win with this team it will be the Turbo effect. Carrying a shit roster like he does at club level. Thankfully I can actually see him doing it in Origin. He's just so much better than other players

betcats

Referee
Gutherson wont get picked. Wighton will definitely be there somewhere, likely the bench at this stage.

davi

Juniors
I’m an unapologetic fanboy of Turbo.

But it has worked before having Teddy at fullback and Turbo in the centres. Freddy was at least smart enough to give Turbo a license to roam.

Imagine being a defensive middle having to deal with Turbo and Teddy sniffing around the ruck. f**k that.

James Tedesco is also captain. You would have to then appoint a new captain which probably creates more hassle for NSW then its worth. It would have be to a drastic loss or a shocker of a performance from Tedesco for him to be dropped.

Don't ever under estimate that continuity and stability is a good thing. NSW had the 2010 series farce of having Kurt Gidley as captain starting at fullback for game 1. Then he was moved to the bench as captain for Game 2. And then they appointed a new captain in Trent Barrett for Game 3.

Tom Trbojevic has gone well on the wing for them in the past. He will be picked there again in my opinion.

Valheru

Coach
The last 2 NSW origins series victories featured Teddy at FB (in player of the series performances) and Turbo on the wing or centre. Why on Earth would you change that?

myrrh ken

First Grade
The last 2 NSW origins series victories featured Teddy at FB (in player of the series performances) and Turbo on the wing or centre. Why on Earth would you change that?

because Turbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ted

firechild

First Grade
Wasn't Slater also player of the series that year?
We all know what those are really worth.
Turbo in the centres is not the worst call and having both him and Tabasco in the same team can only be a good thing.

betcats

Referee

Simply because Turbo has surpassed him far enough that is worth changing. Pick the best fullback in his preferred spot and fit the rest in where they can.

Valheru

Coach
Simply because Turbo has surpassed him far enough that is worth changing. Pick the best fullback in his preferred spot and fit the rest in where they can.

I don't believe that's true.

I've kind of given up on arguing with those that doubt Teddy. He will be the 1 in SOO barring injury and probably the best player for NSW like he normally is.

Valheru

Coach
Wasn't Slater also player of the series that year?
We all know what those are really worth.
Turbo in the centres is not the worst call and having both him and Tabasco in the same team can only be a good thing.

Well yes but I don't think many would argue teddy was the best in those 2 series.

Fitting them both is the ideal situation yet we have some on here that actually believe NSW would better off without Teddy in the side.

betcats

Referee
I don't believe that's true.

I've kind of given up on arguing with those that doubt Teddy. He will be the 1 in SOO barring injury and probably the best player for NSW like he normally is.

Well plenty do believe it’s true. It’s not doubting teddy at all, Turbo is a force of nature right now he is the best fullback this year.

I don’t see why teddy can’t centre or wing with Turbo at fullback? They are both fullbacks so what’s the difference? Freddy had gutho in the centres last year, Teddy could do it.

Well plenty do believe it’s true. It’s not doubting teddy at all, Turbo is a force of nature right now he is the best fullback this year.

I don’t see why teddy can’t centre or wing with Turbo at fullback? They are both fullbacks so what’s the difference? Freddy had gutho in the centres last year, Teddy could do it.

I think it’s just a case of Turbo being more adaptable than Teddy.

Apey

Staff member
Tommy Trbo might break supercoach records against my useless team tomorrow.