What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maroons team for the successful 2021 Origin series

Big Pete

Referee
1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Xavier Coates
3. Dane Gagai
4. Kurt Capewell
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Cameron Munster
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Josh Papalii
9. Harry Grant
10. Christian Welch
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. David Fifita
13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

14. AJ Brimson
15. Jai Arrow
16. Moeaki Fotuaika
17. Jaydn Su'A

Is my expectation going into Game I. It's a real shame to lose Collins off the bench, I've currently plugged Fotuaika to fill the void but that second prop spot is wide open.

8. Josh Papalii
9. Harry Grant
10. Christian Welch
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. David Fifita
13. Tino Fa'asuamaleaui

Even allowing for Papalii’s form drop of late, I reckon that pack has the edge over the blues.. and in all spots. Only / potentially Cook, possibly Paulo, would match up well here IMO.

Big Josh may just need an SOO series to find his best form again.

Phillips

Referee
1. Ponga
2. Coates
3. Gagai
4. Allan
5. Holmes
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Welch
9. Grant
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12. Fifita
13. Fa'asuamaleaui

14. Arrow
15. Brimson
16. Capewell
17. Su'A

davi

Juniors
Apparently Cameron Munster may not make it back for game 1 due to injury. The options that have been listed are Ben Hunt, Kalyn Ponga, and Corey Norman to replace him. I think it will be Hunt. But the Ponga option does intrigue me which would allow AJ Brimson to play at fullback. Harry Grant probably will make it back in time although he is still a chance to miss game 1 because of injury.

I know there are some who think Brimson should start at fullback and Ponga be put on the bench as utility. It probably won't happen though as Brimson may miss out on selection altogether which is a shame.

Hartwood

Juniors
Apparently Cameron Munster may not make it back for game 1 due to injury. The options that have been listed are Ben Hunt, Kalyn Ponga, and Corey Norman to replace him. I think it will be Hunt. But the Ponga option does intrigue me which would allow AJ Brimson to play at fullback. Harry Grant probably will make it back in time although he is still a chance to miss game 1 because of injury.

I know there are some who think Brimson should start at fullback and Ponga be put on the bench as utility. It probably won't happen though as Brimson may miss out on selection altogether which is a shame.
I would be playing Brimson at 6, he's played much more there than Ponga has, and much more successfully. He's almost a like-for-like replacement for munster

lockyno1

Post Whore
I would be playing Brimson at 6, he's played much more there than Ponga has, and much more successfully. He's almost a like-for-like replacement for munster

If these are the options I’d take the gamble on Reece Walsh. If you are good enough you are old enough.

davi

Juniors
Canberra prop Josh Papalii is out of Origin I after accepting a three-game suspension.

Its been reported that Tino Fa’asuamaleaui will likely move to Prop and Jai Arrow will move into the starting side at lock to replace Josh Papalii.

Latest posts