What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday: Rnd 12 vs Bunnies

emjaycee

Coach
I think our depth is a bit... Swiss Army knife plus young kids.
Which I’m fine with mostly. I’m a big proponent of loading your top 17, even down to your top 13. Because on game day they’re the only guys who get a run. Injuries are more likely to cruel a season, but they can do that regardless of who is in your squad. So guys who can play multiple roles are a more effective way of rounding out squad.
The problem with that is when one of your presumed top 13 is playing like a busted fart (and another playing same position is a juiced fart) it’s hard to relevel the team.
Anyway if Waqa continues on his merry way, he’ll be in big doubt next week.
And if BA continues to select him regardless of better alternatives, he’ll erode a lot of the goodwill he earned so far this season
Unless we win... then the fickle fans we are won't give a shit.

Angry_eel

First Grade
gee a lot of people on social media don't rate Blake, its very rare they all agree on something

It maybe that people on this forum understand the game very very deeply, the average fan watching on tv knows the basics as well.

If your involved in letting in tries and not involved in scoring many tries after 2 seasons, you're a liability. Why the coaching staff persist with him after the Marata expirement, we don't know. It may be a legitimate reason but BA won't go to tct to explain it.

emjaycee

Coach
Maybe those of us that are calling for Blakes immediate sacking understand the game less than we think we do and definitely less than the Eels coaching staff.

It may be that Waqa is the best option available based on what is displayed daily on the training paddock and in the gym and it may be that the coaching staff know where the problem lies (it may not be Blake in their opinion) but are unable to apply a simple fix.

In reality:
200.gif

84 Baby

Referee
Maybe those of us that are calling for Blakes immediate sacking understand the game less than we think we do and definitely less than the Eels coaching staff.

It may be that Waqa is the best option available based on what is displayed daily on the training paddock and in the gym and it may be that the coaching staff know where the problem lies (it may not be Blake in their opinion) but are unable to apply a simple fix.

In reality:
200.gif
The true culprit is a lack of communication but shooting out of the line and missing tackles is still shooting out of the line and missing tackles

Tooooks

Bench

In reality:
200.gif

Thats crazy talk. Surely we know more than people who coach for a living.

yy_cheng

Coach
Do we switch the whole left side to the right side?

Matto (who's already there), Moses, Opa, Sivo
vs
Matto, Arthur, Wonga, Fergo?

I'd rather we do this though

Left Side
Sivo, Marata, Arthur, Papa

Right Side
Fergs, Opa, Moses, Matto

yy_cheng

Coach
Or maybe in defense, we have Gutho at right centre, One of Fergo or Wonga at fb and Wing.

But they shift back in attack or defending in the opposition 40m.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't. He hits and sticks, which is at the very least a 100% improvement to what Waqa brings. What he lacks in lateral movement, he has in spades in footy nous.
I'd say hit and stick is easier when you're only focusing on the attacker in front of you and you're happy to let them draw and pass. How would Niukore go if he had to babysit Jake Arthur? I think there'd be a lot more breaks on his inside shoulder, and if he didn't make last minute adjustments to defend them he wouldn't miss any low percentage tackles.

TheRam

Coach
gee a lot of people on social media don't rate Blake, its very rare they all agree on something

Well tell them that Pou says that they are all wrong and that he believes that it is actually the entire teams fault, not Waqa's. They are the ones that are letting Waqa down by their inability to make his tackles for him. If they don't get their collective sh*t together this week, he will recommend BA drops all of them to NSW cup and give some new young blood a go.

In Pou we trust.

strider

Post Whore
The true culprit is a lack of communication but shooting out of the line and missing tackles is still shooting out of the line and missing tackles
yeah its probably not as simple as "he sucks" .... he looks a frustrated chap, he is trying his balls off.

It puzzles me that he had a reasonably good game vs Souths in the semis last year .... he just got lucky?

TheRam

Coach

In reality:
200.gif

Maybe, maybe, maybe...how many maybe's?

And they are all trumped by one certainty. Waqa is a sh*t defender. No maybe's needed and most other coaches would of traded him already. He sucks....

Fact!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well tell them that Pou says that they are all wrong and that he believes that it is actually the entire teams fault, not Waqa's. They are the ones that are letting Waqa down by their inability to make his tackles for him. If they don't get their collective sh*t together this week, he will recommend BA drops all of them to NSW cup and give some new young blood a go.

In Pou we trust.
I think Blake has been poor these past two games and the stats support this. But I trust Arthur's is doing the best for the team. I assume Blake will come good.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Maybe, maybe, maybe...how many maybe's?

And they are all trumped by one certainty. Waqa is a sh*t defender. No maybe's needed and most other coaches would of traded him already. He sucks....

Fact!
There's got to be a reason his defence got worse after coming to our club, especially since most players improve when they come here.