What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mangina Bowl VI Discussion

zombie jesus

Staff member
also further dilutes the FA pool

Not adding a roster spot, just adding the starter from our bench if that changes anything.

Taxi Squad
I also think it will be a nightmare to manage and keep track of throughout the season. Best to keep it simple IMO

The managing bit is easy, the site can be customised to police the new rules automatically.

What about a poaching rule like we used to have in the Tecmo league?

zombie jesus

Staff member
Rule changes will be as above, reduced Taxi Squad from 6 to 5, so we're just adding one this year with the new eligibility rules.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The schedule is going to be everyone plays each other once (13 games) + one extra game against a random opponent.

Playoffs week 15-17.

Unless somebody has a different idea? Keep in mind Week 14 includes teams on bye now, so games with anything big on the line can't be done.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Just a few picks to go in the expansion draft, I'll set the rookie draft up not long after that.

zombie jesus

Staff member
The rookie draft is about to commence. The timer is set to 48 hours to begin with, this doesn't mean, take 2 days to make a pick, please be reasonable. The timer will be shortened as we go.

If you miss one selection you will be placed on auto pick and your pick will be taken according to this setting..... Pick a player according to rankings generated by Fantasy Sharks experts. For current rankings check Links > Fantasy Links > Player Rankings on the main menu. You will need to contact the league (here or the forum) so I can take you off auto pick.

Rookie salaries are as follows for each draft slot:
1. $20,000
2. $18,000
3. $16.000
4. $14,000
5. $12,000
6. $10,000
7. $9,000
8. $8.000
9. $7,000
10. $6,000
11. $5,000
12. $4,000
13. $3,000
14. $2,000
The salary of second, third and fourth round picks is $1000.
All rookies will receive a 4 year contract.
First round rookie picks also come with a 5th year option. For tracking purposes, this will be noted on the league site by all first round picks receiving a contract year value of 4.5.

Picks in rounds 2-6 can be put on the taxi squad as development players before the season commences.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Draft timer has been reduced to 24 hours, once we get to the second round it will be reduced to 12 hours, the timer will pause between midnight at 8am Sydney time.

Tom155

Coach
Draft timer has been reduced to 24 hours, once we get to the second round it will be reduced to 12 hours, the timer will pause between midnight at 8am Sydney time.
Dont think it needs to go down to 12hrs or be 48, 24hrs is fine imo

zombie jesus

Staff member
Dont think it needs to go down to 12hrs or be 48, 24hrs is fine imo
With the timer pause it's 20 hours for most picks, that's heaps of time.

Between here, email and the WhatsApp group there's plenty of ways for someone to let me know they are not able to make a pick for whatever reason.

zombie jesus

Staff member
If you'd like to skip a late draft pick to save a roster spot or two let me know. Extra teams + comp picks is going to stretch it more than usual.

kurt faulk

Coach

i gotta say, the mfl software for the draft absolutely f**king sucks.

they've only ranked 15% of the rookies so we have to sift through the whole list to find a player to draft.

skeepe

Immortal

i gotta say, the mfl software for the draft absolutely f**king sucks.

they've only ranked 15% of the rookies so we have to sift through the whole list to find a player to draft.

You’re telling me.

And the pre-draft list - I don’t get it. I just had the second choice on my pre-draft list drafted to my team, when my first choice is still available. How does that happen?

Isn’t it only supposed to select your second choice if someone else took the first?

kurt faulk

Coach
You’re telling me.

And the pre-draft list - I don’t get it. I just had the second choice on my pre-draft list drafted to my team, when my first choice is still available. How does that happen?

Isn’t it only supposed to select your second choice if someone else took the first?

i never let any site software make a pick for me. i already knew that but i had no other choice in the high rollers league a couple of years ago and it absolutely screwed me in the draft. ruined my season.

a lot of the time you screw yourself but at least you only have yourself to blame. when the site does it though, grrrr.