What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Teams have relocated to keep the game going, and you have f**kwits like this doing whatever they feel like. Ban the selfish merkin for the season and erase him from my club please NRL. Pleeeeease!

I agree, these dumb merkins think they're above the law, and probably have the race card sitting loosely in their pocket if the book is thrown at them.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So MCG has gone to a no crowd mode

Wont be long before SOO I is formally moved
MCG is no crowds because there's a lockdown. It ends on Friday, and crowds will be back after that

jim_57

Staff member
Surely they have to make a call Monday, plenty of people will have flights/accom booked not to mention all the tickets sold and people needing to plan around it even the locals.

Even if Melbourne does come out of lockdown after 7 days I doubt much of a crowd will be allowed within days of it ending.

Perth Red

Post Whore
On fox they were saying the qrl has been booking up accomodation and corporate entertainment venues in Townsville leading to speculation the decision has already been made.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I get what you mean but there was months of warning before last years delay, this is less than 2 weeks. There is no way they move the dates now is all I’m suggesting.

Its not out of the realms .. postpone this one and make it the potential decider yadda

Canard

Immortal
MCG is no crowds because there's a lockdown. It ends on Friday, and crowds will be back after that

It's highly unlikely that it's going ahead here IMO.

Even if the lockdown lifts, it's unlikely QLD and other states will lift there travel restrictions in time, making it impossible for interstate visitors.

I'm doubtful the lockdown will be lifted before then anyway.

azza29

Juniors
Email from Ticketek received, MCG Origin has been cancelled, stand by for a refund.

Townsville will be a great alternative.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good choice and great for those NQ fans who otherwise would spend a fortune going to see it in Brisbane. Id have been equally happy to see it go to Newcastle instead.

jim_57

Staff member
Good choice and great for those NQ fans who otherwise would spend a fortune going to see it in Brisbane. Id have been equally happy to see it go to Newcastle instead.

They should wedge Newcastle in there in 2024 or whenever the next available year is if it has changed as mentioned above. Then return to the neutral venues after that.