What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

Eelogical

Referee
Ummmmmm Aaaaaagghhhhh, our effort area’s weren’t there, we need to chase the collision we are a grinding team and we need to get back to that…….

It will be something like that, same old same old. He won’t say boo about the horrible refereeing which was atrocious.
Mate, we didn't turn up again. On top of that, we were shown how lacking we can be when the going gets tough. We look jaded and in need of a break. It's starting to smack of last years effort, somewhat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
In all honesty, the Roosters game was telling, the Warriors game should have set off the alarm bells. We look tired with no answer if things start going against us.
Paulo’s form has been off for the last month, he looks a little tired. When he and Guth aren’t our best players each week we struggle.

I just can’t believe we have an 8 season coach and we do the basics so poorly, such basic attacking structures and our defence is easier to pull apart than 20 hour slow cooked pulled pork. Whenever this team js challenge they just bend over and piss themselves.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Our lack of attack/meters gained certainly put a lot of pressure on our defence. There wasn't one problem tonight, it was a complete mess from start to finish. Not a single positive to come out of it.

they made 1598 from 42 sets, us from 1382 from 34 sets

that averages south’s 38 m per set, us 40 per set

or they had 176 runs, us 156 runs which is 9.07 m per runs for south’s and 8.85m per run..,

not much in it

probably their 10 line breaks to our 1 indicates our defence was poor putting pressure on our attack..

Soto

Bench
Hope I'm wrong but have a feeling we will play 50uffs back into form..
They will deliberately play exclusively down our right and try and expose us which they have successfully done so for the last 3 years
Hate to say i fkn told u so...there are a few in particular who wouldn't like seeing this..you're passion is very admirable but reality is entirely something else

TheParraboy

Staff member
Problem for me - other than our friggin right edge defence

When ever the opposition has some sort of emotion/motivation to do well, they destroy us

Last week Bozo passing, Manly grew an extra leg and never let up

Indigenous round, Souths were pumped, especially their indigenous boys

Don't need to talk about finals football

All Newcastle need to do next week before the game, is put a fake message to the playing group that a club legend is suffering pancreatitis and only has a days to live, They put 49 on us...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Problem for me - other than our friggin right edge defence

When ever the opposition has some sort of emotion/motivation to do well, they destroy us

Last week Bozo passing, Manly grew an extra leg and never let up

Indigenous round, Souths were pumped, especially their indigenous boys

Don't need to talk about finals football

All Newcastle need to do next week before the game, is put a fake message to the playing group that a club legend is suffering pancreatitis and only has a days to live, They put 49 on us...

20 year reunion to 2001 GF.

Old boys will be in sheds to inspire a 24-0 first half ambush

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Maybe start fixing the overlaps other teams have? Notice how team easily find space on our edges? Even last week, with 12 players manly had an overlap.

well it will be fixed next week.....until Drown’s next suspension......

anyhow maybe as I said maybe say how ....so in my opinion if Drown is injured/suspensed again, hopefully Smith is available. I will wouId try Gutho on the edge in defence/Smith fullback in defence...

I also think Blake looked good on the left, and our attack will be more dangerous on that side

Bandwagon

Staff member
Maybe start fixing the overlaps other teams have? Notice how team easily find space on our edges? Even last week, with 12 players manly had an overlap.

The commonality there is the lack of Drown, Opacic has shown he's a decent defender, and all of a sudden Waqa doesn't miss when moved.

My best guess is Drown is controlling the defence on our right, and replacing him with Arthurs doesn't fill that hole.

The middle was also an issue without RCG, it's only two players, but it exposes our lack of depth. Our starting side is good enough, our depth is not.

That's a big f**king worry with the current crackdown, 'cause we are gonna have starters on the sideline we really don't seem able to replace.

IFR33K

Coach
well it will be fixed next week.....until Drown’s next suspension......

anyhow maybe as I said maybe say how ....so in my opinion if Drown is injured/suspensed again, hopefully Smith is available. I will wouId try Gutho on the edge in defence/Smith fullback in defence...

I also think Blake looked good on the left, and our attack will be more dangerous on that side

our edges have been an issue with or without brown. Teams always seem to have an overlap, regardless of the opposition. Yet when we spread the ball, we fail to find such overlap. Teams are doing it too easy