What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

Gazzamatta

Coach
Our coach is failing to rectify issues. Our game plan is simply to bash and barge. If bash and barge doesn’t work, there’s no plan b. We look pedestrian with the ball. We’re a slow team.

I’d like a little variation moving forwards or we’ll be easy pickings for many teams
And when interviewed every player repeats it.
Charge through the middle and we will get them at the back end. It's nauseating to hear over and over again.
For starters we have the slowest ptb in the league. Have done for 2 years minimum. Poor f'n Rheed.

Bandwagon

Staff member
We just aren’t as good as the better teams. We don’t have the skill and personnel across the park. The sooner merkins accept that the better.

I think we do, as long as we have or best 17 available, but that seventeen isn't strong enough to cover for the weakness' in our back up.

Souffs are much the same, but perhaps a little worse off, down on troops they conceded 50 twice within a few games, at least we haven't fallen that far.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Why experiment with something that may or may not work when we have plenty of evidence that Niukore / Brown / Fergo works pretty dam well? Today's experiment was a shit show.

because Marata is pretty important to our middle rotation. So if opacic / drown doesn’t work then Marata it is.

IFR33K

Coach
You could say it was junk time and souths dropped their intensity. But we looked a lot better in last 10-15 mins because we through the ball around and created some 2nd phase.

I reckon i have heard sterlo mention numerous times in his weekly preview/review on the parra website how predictable and one-out we are coming out of our own end and need to mix it up a bit more. But nothing ever changes

we aren’t a team that likes to spread the ball. Especially early and in our half. All teams do is line us up and whack us. South’s done a good job of it today. This game plan May work at junior level, or against weak teams, but you need a bit of flamboyance against the better sides. Something we’ve lacked

Noise

Coach
because Marata is pretty important to our middle rotation. So if opacic / drown doesn’t work then Marata it is.
We still did pretty well with our middle rotation when Niukore was in the centres. We only lost 1 game and were dominating through the middle.

Pazza

First Grade
What a lot of us have been saying for close to a year. Arthur finally agrees. Waqa and Fergo do not work together.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...2/news-story/0e308843e44fc88cf949547b74534aae

The answer is Niukore at centre defending next to Brown.

BA is clueless

playing aggressive up and in the way parra wants to means players who are rushing in need to make smart decisions. unfortunately waqa and fergo dont seem like guys with good footy IQ.

The whole way parra defends on that right edge needs to be blown up and rebuilt or they need to find players who can execute the assignments given to them.

i for one am ready to see generation next with this backline, id be bringing in Dunster for Fergo asap.

Incorrect

Coach
Or are they premiership coaches because they refuse to coach at any club that lacks the resources to win the comp?
Hasler took over a Manly side circa 2004 that was at least as hopeless/hopeful as we were at that time running on similar if not less resourcing than where Parra were at that time if I'm being honest ... He made them in to a more successful proposition.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think we do, as long as we have or best 17 available, but that seventeen isn't strong enough to cover for the weakness' in our back up.

Souffs are much the same, but perhaps a little worse off, down on troops they conceded 50 twice within a few games, at least we haven't fallen that far.
We suck balls.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We still did pretty well with our middle rotation when Niukore was in the centres. We only lost 1 game and were dominating through the middle.

don’t disagree but it also meant Paulo / RCG playing decent middles.

But also Drown didn’t play 2 of those losses either ....

Noise

Coach
don’t disagree but it also meant Paulo / RCG playing decent middles.

But also Drown didn’t play 2 of those losses either ....
We were very good both in the middle and on the edges when Niukore played in the centres alongside Fergo and Brown. The left edge with Opacic, Moses and Sivo was good too. Why break that up? There is no need for experiments. If it aint broke don't fix it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hasler took over a Manly side circa 2004 that was at least as hopeless/hopeful as we were at that time running on similar if not less resourcing than where Parra were at that time if I'm being honest ... He made them in to a more successful proposition.

And Manly’s board didn’t leak to cause a salary cap scandal either ...

BA has only had a decent go since 2017....

anyhow name a coach who should replace BA.........if it’s Bellamy / Robinson let’s go for it !!

emjaycee

Coach
The coach must recognize there’s issues on our right edge? What did he do to rectify it? He switched centres. Lol great tactic that one. Maybe that was our long awaited super secret move.

WB identified our weakness and exploited our edge. BA had nothing, despite having a week to work on things. Wouldn’t that classify as being out coached?

South’s knew if they tightened the middle, we’d struggle. How many line breaks did we make? Wouldn’t that classify as out coached?

Stop taking it personal if someone suggests anything in regard to coaching.
Just one thing... Souths have the most potent left edge in the game and use it every week, no matter who they are up against.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We were very good both in the middle and on the edges when Niukore played in the centres alongside Fergo and Brown. The left edge with Opacic, Moses and Sivo was good too. Why break that up? There is no need for experiments. If it aint broke don't fix it.

I just reckon centre’s playing centre and middles play middles at this stage is worth a week or 2 risk to see if they work especially with Drown back..

while Blake may just just work on the left our better attacking side, opacic has been good but Blake may offer a bit more attack / speed wise.

anyhow I could be wrong, totally wrong not for the first time ....

Latest posts