What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sterlo is a muppet !

Stero knows his footy !

qbDlp8.gif
When you have nothing else post a GIF, Gronk special.

Gronk

Staff member
When you have nothing else post a GIF, Gronk special.
I have plenty to post. The predictability index of me posting a gif, coincides with the likelihood of you throwing out the baby out with the bath water after every, single, loss.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have plenty to post. The predictability index of me posting a gif, coincides with the likelihood of you throwing out the baby out with the bath water after every, single, loss.
You keep clinging onto the likelihood that we are going anywhere with this coach while i'll be here in the real world waiting for you to catch up.

Knights today showed that Manly aren't much chop even though they did a job on us, lets face it we are going to limp into 5th or 6th this year and you will jizz yourself silly at what a great job BA and his staff have done. Meh mediocrity is what this club does best.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think against weaker teams we can dominate possession and so we don’t get tested out defensively but when it’s a contest the stronger teams are able to exploit the right edge pretty easily. For that reason I think the points conceded stat doesn’t tell the whole story.
Of course it does. Controlling possession is one of the ways you stop the opposition from scoring. It's no different for any other club. if Penrith or Melbourne gave the opposition 55% of the ball (instead of 45%) their edges would concede a lot more points too.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You keep clinging onto the likelihood that we are going anywhere with this coach while i'll be here in the real world waiting for you to catch up.

Knights today showed that Manly aren't much chop even though they did a job on us, lets face it we are going to limp into 5th or 6th this year and you will jizz yourself silly at what a great job BA and his staff have done. Meh mediocrity is what this club does best.
Where do you think this squad should finish? An even better question is how many of them should get picked in Origin? You massively overrate the team and then look for a scapegoat when we're not 11 from 11 at the end of May. Don't bullshit us about you living in the real world you f**king bullshitter.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Where do you think this squad should finish? An even better question is how many of them should get picked in Origin? You massively overrate the team and then look for a scapegoat when we're not 11 from 11 at the end of May. Don't bullshit us about you living in the real world you f**king bullshitter.
And you overrate the team when you suits your arguement and then are just as happy to talk it down to win just another debate in here.

This team should be at least a top 4 team and to say it isn't is just utter bullshit to protect a coach who isn't up to it. Our attack and defence are laughable for a squad of this quality, beating up on some very average sides just papers over the cracks that are horribly exposed when we come up against the stronger and well coached squads. But nothing is anybody's fault when it comes to Parramatta in your opinion unless it's us horrible fans with unrealistic expectations.

lucablight

First Grade
Of course it does. Controlling possession is one of the ways you stop the opposition from scoring. It's no different for any other club. if Penrith or Melbourne gave the opposition 55% of the ball (instead of 45%) their edges would concede a lot more points too.
Penrith and Melbourne don’t have such an obviously exploitable right edge defence to the degree we do. There is an underlying issue which the coaching staff hasn’t addressed for a very long time now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And you overrate the team when you suits your arguement and then are just as happy to talk it down to win just another debate in here.
I never talk them up just like I never death ride them. Life has taught me nothing is ever as good or as bad as people say it is.
This team should be at least a top 4 team and to say it isn't is just utter bullshit to protect a coach who isn't up to it.
Shall we compare our Origin representation with the other three top four teams? Or do you prefer opinions over facts?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penrith and Melbourne don’t have such an obviously exploitable right edge defence to the degree we do. There is an underlying issue which the coaching staff hasn’t addressed for a very long time now.
Maybe it's recruitment that hasn't addressed it? It would've been nice to replace Mennings by the start of the year but it was out of our control.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Strongly disagree. Gutherson, Ferguson, Moses, Paulo, RCG, Mahoney, Nathan Brown, Matterson are all potential rep quality players. Papali’i is playing well enough to be picked for NZ as well.
Well three of them made their Origin debuts under Brad Arthur's, and there's likely to be a fourth this year for QLD. The rest are obviously no better than fringe Origin players, like any given half a dozen players at any other club. We're talking about genuine Origin players here, not potential ones. Manly's three Origin players made their debuts under Toovey and Barrett ffs. Coaching had nothing to do with it.

lucablight

First Grade
Well three of them made their Origin debuts under Brad Arthur's, and there's likely to be a fourth this year for QLD. The rest are obviously no better than fringe Origin players, like any given half a dozen players at any other club. We're talking about genuine Origin players here, not potential ones. Manly's three Origin players made their debuts under Toovey and Barrett ffs. Coaching had nothing to do with it.
So when Penrith and Melbourne get origin players selected they are genuine origin players but when we do they are fringe origin players? You don’t think the way the team is playing has any effect on whether players get picked or not?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Strongly disagree. Gutherson, Ferguson, Moses, Paulo, RCG, Mahoney, Nathan Brown, Matterson are all potential rep quality players. Papali’i is playing well enough to be picked for NZ as well.
Potential? In the lead up to origin, every f**ken player that doesn't something half decent is referred to a 'potential' origin player.

I'm talking about actual origin players and the stats don't lie.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So when Penrith and Melbourne get origin players selected they are genuine origin players but when we do they are fringe origin players? You don’t think the way the team is playing has any effect on whether players get picked or not?
9-3 and Top 3 would suggest that being one of the better teams is no guarantee if you don't have superstar players.

Avenger

Immortal
Finally watched the game. Once again we were out coached. Very similar to the semi last season that I unfortunately had to watch live. By Arthur's own admission Blake and Ferguson hasn't worked despite the coaching brains trust trying to fix it all pre season and half of this season.

Now Opačić and Ferguson hasn't worked either. The common denominator? Ferguson. He needs to be shown the door because if he keeps persisting with the dope, the coach will be shown the same door.

lucablight

First Grade
Potential? In the lead up to origin, every f**ken player that doesn't something half decent is referred to a 'potential' origin player.

I'm talking about actual origin players and the stats don't lie.
You said our squad isn’t comparable to the best teams. Even if I grant your assertion that the “potential” origin players aren’t an acceptable form of evidence for the quality of our roster then we still have 5 “actual” players who have played origin at some stage. That makes your claim about our squad not being comparable to be demonstrably false.