What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Tigers

Inisai Toga

Juniors
We need forwards that are stronger and cleverer types than the ones that what we currently have. We haven’t got shape because they don’t really dominant enough or hardly ever offload. We knew this at the start of the year and it’s just being highlighted now.
Our best six forwards on the paddock just get a pass and that’s about it. All six have to perform at least at 7.5 /10 (ala Parra Game) for us to be a chance. They don’t; some are up one week, others the next. We get some consistent forward dominance we’ll get better. Mollo and De Belin are welcome additions. McGuires and Kerr are bench players for mine. Let’s assess Ramsey and Co then.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
Agree with all that- but also-yet again- we were caned in the "six agains"- I can't recall an occasion this season when we've actually won what used to be called the "penalty count". Whether it's the perception of the referees that this is a club tactic or reality and our players are in fact consistently holding down, Hook has to turn that around-and quickly- because players are getting gassed and conceding soft tries as a result.

And yet Melbourne had 2 dubious tries awarded last night...man in the line(obstruction) and a blatant forward pass....we would never get that leeway.......maybe we need to practice taking a dive and staying down like other teams...roosters and the storm....funny how Keary/Radley are currently trying to form a movement with other players to oust VLandy's....( source..Sunday footy show )...

Robinson coming out after the radley incident and having a whinge...( Was always going to happen ..only took a few weeks...Absolutely gave it ti Fui over the tedesco hit ).This is positive....We may finally see some normality...unfortunately for us, we got the brunt of suspensions.....has always been the case no matter who our coach is....

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
And yet Melbourne had 2 dubious tries awarded last night...man in the line and a blatant forward pass....we would never get that leeway.......maybe we need to practice taking a dive and staying down like other teams...roosters and the storm....funny how Keary/Radley are currently trying to form a movement with other players to oust VLandy's....( source..Sunday footy show )...

Robinson coming out after the radley incident and having a whinge...( Was always going to happen ..only took a few weeks...Absolutely gave it ti Fui over the tedesco hit ).This is positive....We may finally see some normality...unfortunately for us, we got the brunt of suspensions.....has always been the case no matter who our coach is....

Radley is a moron and If he's true to his word and doesn't change his tackling style, he will have a short career. Robinson may be a whinger but he's not a moron and I'm sure he will be having a private conversation with Radley- he is too important to the Roosters not to.

Vlandy's may have erred with his non-consultative style but the changes are here to stay-even if he doesn't. All the red herrings about low tackles and accidents causing more concussions are just that-red herrings. Where there is intent in a high tackle-and Radley's feet off the ground launching himself at the upper body style of tackling is surely sign of reckless intent to cause damage, is what the NRL is really worried about as they are far more likely to result in not only CTE but litigation down the track. Players sueing other players and the NRL would be the death knell for the game- Rugby came to that conclusion years ago.

I agree however that consistency has to be applied and this has been lacking in recent weeks such as the Hiroti hit on Ramsey which, in my book, was no different to the Pereira send off hit in Magic round. That said, there are some Dragons players, Ravalawa, for one, who don't seem all that smart- at least in defence. How hard is it to learn- you... must... use ... arms.. when tackling.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Hook also said re the cap, that changes daily!. Read between the lines.
He never gives the answers to the media they think they are going to get when baited. Gives them double meanings all the time!.good stuff

I prefer to judge the club by their actions-not their words- most of the really good players (Burton, Addo Carr ) who could transform a roster, we have waved thru and have been picked up- in those cases by the non-performing Bulldogs. IMO Burton, will be the next Jonathan Thurston- maybe not at the Bulldogs, but at the club after that and Addo Carr will be a hit at full-back- where we currently have a huge question mark,

Spazer

Juniors
Starting props Blake Lawrie and Poasa Faamausili failed to crack 100 metres between them. From Fox sports.

What’s happened? Lawrie is a shadow of what he was 4 weeks ago and Faamausili was doing a lot better off the bench, but boy have we lost the plot.
That's a shocking stat to have, I think it was similar last week too against cronulla.

TruSaint

Referee
Starting props Blake Lawrie and Poasa Faamausili failed to crack 100 metres between them. From Fox sports.

What’s happened? Lawrie is a shadow of what he was 4 weeks ago and Faamausili was doing a lot better off the bench, but boy have we lost the plot.

Yep, less than 100 between them.

Yet, the much maligned Gerard Beale, made 170 metres, 5 tackle breaks, 62 post contact metres.

Go figure.

https://www.nrl.com/players/nrl-premiership/dragons/gerard-beale/

blacksafake

First Grade

Faamausili seems to be in two minds about passing before the line & just running. I’d like to see him just run as when he does he seems ok.

Latest posts