What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think we need to win a premiership??

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What changes would you make if any?
I would improve the spine so we don't need to be as reliant on Paulo, then I would play him for shorter minutes. While he's on the field though, he would make a lot more carries. Maybe play him in three stints. I would also go with two safe defensive centres rather than requiring strike from either of them. I think we need more speed at fullback as well, just so he can get away from such heavy contact from the kick chase. A surrender tackle is better than being driven back by three middle forwards.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I would improve the spine so we don't need to be as reliant on Paulo, then I would play him for shorter minutes. While he's on the field though, he would make a lot more carries. Maybe play him in three stints. I would also go with two safe defensive centres rather than requiring strike from either of them. I think we need more speed at fullback as well, just so he can get away from such heavy contact from the kick chase. A surrender tackle is better than being driven back by three middle forwards.
Bevan French maybe?

Noise

Coach
We need a centre and a winger and some kind of x-factor with speed. We have none.

Also which thread do you merkins think I should post our current defence structure? Got some interesting info today.

lingard

Coach
images

Go and iron your knees?

Noise

Coach
Why not here?
Ok. Our current defensive structure / issues:

It’s called up and kill (different from up and in / umbrella defence) . But we are too flat. We need more staggering in the line. A flat defensive line gives attackers too much choice and leaves defenders flat footed. Most defensive patterns have some zig zag pattern to it (we currently do not) which can confuse attackers and gives defenders choice on who will cover who. Flat defence works to stop the inside man but doesn’t allow much if they fall for an inside decoy / block runner and then spread it wide which is what keeps happening to us.

Good attacking teams can take this kind of defence to the cleaners (as we have seen lately) where as poor attacking teams can't take advantage as easily.

lingard

Coach

How would you improve the spine?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ok. Our current defensive structure / issues:

It’s called up and kill (different from up and in / umbrella defence) . But we are too flat. We need more staggering in the line. A flat defensive line gives attackers too much choice and leaves defenders flat footed. Most defensive patterns have some zig zag pattern to it (we currently do not) which can confuse attackers and gives defenders choice on who will cover who. Flat defence works to stop the inside man but doesn’t allow much if they fall for an inside decoy / block runner and then spread it wide which is what keeps happening to us.
Who told you this? A decoy isn't something defenders 'fall for' as though the playmakers aren't making decisions of their own. If they don't 'fall for' a decoy the playmaker will pass it to him and he will stroll through the gap.

Without naming names, I'm keen to know why you trust this source.

Noise

Coach
Who told you this? A decoy isn't something defenders 'fall for' as though the playmakers aren't making decisions of their own. If they don't 'fall for' a decoy the playmaker will pass it to him and he will stroll through the gap.

Without naming names, I'm keen to know why you trust this source.
A member of the coaching staff on a rival team.

hindy111

Post Whore
I would have patience and spend more money there when it comes available.

I think Moses signed at the right time.

I wonder what we offer right now. Atleast 100k less.

Perhaps it was time for D.Brown to take the reigns with Arthurs and build for 2023