What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

strider

Post Whore
So our squad is now shit???? That’s the new line we are running with??? We need more Origin players FMD Pou you sound like Ricky Stuart.

Ok so let’s sack the people responsible then!!!

MON and Arthur!! No excuses!!!!

I dont think anyone thinks our squad is shit, but most people only pick us for about 4th to 6th in their predictions .... i would say everyone knows melbourne, roosters and penrith are better and most people talked up souths for this year .... squadwise we are probably next level down with teams like manly, canberra

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So our squad is now shit???? That’s the new line we are running with??? We need more Origin players FMD Pou you sound like Ricky Stuart.

Ok so let’s sack the people responsible then!!!

MON and Arthur!! No excuses!!!!
Who said it's shit? We haven't been outside the top six for two years. We have a solid squad, but there are three a fair bit better.

strider

Post Whore
What happened. Send off?
Watch the game ffs

Two separate sin bins ...

Papa, a dubious holding down, which i think was total horseshit. Milked.

Matto high contact ... fine , thats the shit sandwich the nrl is serving up atm, but why not bin CodyWalker for his high contact earlier in the game too?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Watch the game ffs

Matto high contact ... fine , thats the shit sandwich the nrl is serving up atm, but why not bin CodyWalker for his high contact earlier in the game too?
He watched it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Watch the game ffs

I think he's confused because you f**ked up and said 60 minutes instead of 20.

hindy111

Post Whore
Watch the game ffs

Only replay I will watch is Panthers this weekend. I may watch the highlights of Parra game. My Dad said they where terrible. And the coaching staff has no idea. My dad has been watching NRL for 70yrs. Siad its time to get a new defensive coach and attack as its one our rubbish.
He did say Arthurs had some nice touches.

lucablight

First Grade
I'd expect a team that's lost only two games in over 18 months to have a few Origin class players. I don't think Ivan Cleary went there and suddenly became a better coach than Robinson or Bennett. His son is one of the best players in the game. But yes fringe Origin players (like Isaah Yeo) don't get picked unless their team is going well, but that describes our sole NSW rep, Paulo. How about players who get picked regardless of how the team is performing; merkins like Tedesco, Saifiti, both Trbojevics, Cleary, Wighton and Haas. We haven't had one of these since Hayne. Junior Paulo certainly isn't one. He didn't get picked until he was nearly 27, and only after his team won 30 games in two years.
I think Cleary did become a better coach. Penrith haven’t lost 2 games in one and a half seasons because their team is that much better than everyone else on paper. I don’t remember them being premiership favourites when they finished 10th the season before. They are a very well coached side. I wouldn’t have any qualms with comparing Junior Paulo to those other players you mentioned. I don’t see how it’s relevant when he got picked if he’s comparable to them now. The only real elite players on that list are Tedesco, the Turbo bros and Wighton who was picked ahead of Gutherson because he can cover more positions. If you’re talking about truly elite players there are a handful of them in the game.

lucablight

First Grade
No it doesn't.

"Potential" and "past" are poor proxies for "current". I give you exhibit A, Blake Ferguson.

Also, even if I grant your assertion that "past" origin players are an acceptable form of evidence, it is logically inconsistent to compare the "actual" and "past" of one team with the "actual" of others.
So only players who make origin are good players now? Does this mean that someone like Stephen Crichton or Api Koroisau who were unlucky to miss out are irrelevant to Penriths success because they didn’t get picked for origin? Are Gutherson and Brown no longer factors in our success because they lost their origin spots from 6-7 months ago?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So only players who make origin are good players now? Does this mean that someone like Stephen Crichton or Api Koroisau who were unlucky to miss out are irrelevant to Penriths success because they didn’t get picked for origin? Are Gutherson and Brown no longer factors in our success because they lost their origin spots from 6-7 months ago?
Only counting actual Origin experience at least gives us an objective measure for comparison, rather than just throwing our opinions out there for who has the better squad. As for players like Crichton and Koroisau, they lack the big game experience Origin provides, regardless of how good they are, as do guys like Moses and Matterson.

For the record, finals games is another objective marker of big game experience, and the Panthers squad blows us out of the water, as do all the other top six squads. But we are bridging that gap in recent years, with some solid signings and finals appearances.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Only replay I will watch is Panthers this weekend. I may watch the highlights of Parra game. My Dad said they where terrible. And the coaching staff has no idea. My dad has been watching NRL for 70yrs. Siad its time to get a new defensive coach and attack as its one our rubbish.
He did say Arthurs had some nice touches.
Hindy’s dad>>>>>>>>> Pou

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No. Wasn't suggesting any of that.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hindy’s dad>>>>>>>>> Pou

I've showed my Dad pous quotes. And I've shown my close mate who works at a large legal firm in city some also.

Dad said well he prob knows more about game then me. I just notice the line breaks.

Mate said this guy seems very intelligent and could of made a good lawyer.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just watched highlights. Our tries come all from kicks. Either a bad bounce or dropped ball. In other words a mistake or luck. That is not a well constructed try.
Arthurs at end was the only legit try.

Latest posts