What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
You know how some people hate hights going into lifts walking under ladders etc...the general phobias in life...well for Hunt its field goals....Thurstons kick in the GF still haunts him..hes been scared of them ever since....just kiddin Ben

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Tyrell Sloan hasnt been able to win the FB position this week in ressies

Ramsey playing on the wing in FG

Is anyone else truly convinced that these two players are FG FB's this year or even next season ?

I suspect that Sloan nor Ramsey are in alignment with being significantly better than Dufty.

Yet dufty aint a great answer defensively at this stage.

If our forwards and kicking game was at 50 50 with the better teams i wouldnt worry so much re Duftys defence............... because like the best teams their FB's are not as under as much pressure as we encounter each week.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Is anyone else truly convinced that these two players are FG FB's this year or even next season ?

I suspect that Sloan nor Ramsey are in alignment with being significantly better than Dufty.

If our forwards and kicking game was at 50 50 with the better teams i wouldnt worry so much re Duftys defence............... because like the best teams their FB's are not as under as much pressure as we encounter each week.
That’s the thing, I barely ever see players like Tedesco under as much pressure as what our fullbacks are because they are rarely pinned down their own end or on the the receiving end of lopsided penalty and possession counts as often as we are.

saintly1996

Juniors

Yes I am confused by the non selection of Ramsay or Sloan in a fullback position.
I suppose we are still a chance to make the finals, so maybe that is the reason to go with Dufty if the club considers the other 2 aren't ready.
But at some point one of them needs to be blooded there and given half a dozen games as a minimum

Dragon David

First Grade
The Sharks get Hynes and will play 5/8th with Will Kennedy at fullback. Their spine will be strong with Kennedy, Hynes, Johnson and McInnes/Brailey and their forwards big and strong. Fitzgibbon will be able to attract the good players and get the team firing each and every year especially with his numerous year under Robinson.

I don't know what to say about us!!

Illusion

Bench

Spot on ref... to Dufty ..... we have a pack of forwards going nowhere cant make any meters a half and 5/8 that really don't set up much , a coach that has doesn't like Dufty setting up tries because its not his job its the halves job .... Said before put Dufty in the Storm team and lets see then ....

hewi

Bench
I’m in two minds about him, is the game to quick for him. I guess if it’s a deal in the clubs favour with a club option he might be worth it.

Dragsters

First Grade

Exactly this AG!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Some things to consider:

We currently have 28 of our required top 30.
If i'm not mistaken, players are designated 1-26 where there's a minimum of $115k (?), there wouldn't be too many on this base. Players desinated 27-30 have maximum $77.5k (?), so basically 2 of our current squad would be on this (Feagai twins maybe?)

So, that leaves 2 spots @ $77.5k.

The DS squad can earn $60k, those players currently are: Amone, Sloan & H. Lomax

We have 2, (possibly 4), players on T&T contracts: JHunt & Beale (not sure if Muhleisen & Wishart)

If we are seroiusly chatting to GB, then he'd have to agree to the min $77.5k, unless they move someone on from the current 1-26 (ie: Britttain for example).
Then possibly move Amone to the top 30 squad (gives him a small increase for this year, with possibly a move to the top 26 next year onwards).

Moving Amone and the release of SSE, can open the door to promote up to 4 players into the DS, for example: JHunt, Muhleisen, Schiller and ?).

It's complicted, and if I've got any of it wrong, apologies. The info came from here:

2018 Min. Top 30 fee of $100,000 for players 1-26 in 2018 increasing at $5,000 p.a until 2022

2018 $70,000 for players 27-30 in 2018 increasing at $2,500 p.a until 2022

2018 Replacement of the NRL second tier with the NRL Development List where players will be entitled to $60,000 p.a.

Full details here:
https://www.nrl.com/operations/integrity/salary-cap/

With Molo coming next year, it means 1 forward would have to be released or not re-signed, my guess that would be Ellis, it would also mean we would have to have more $$$ reserved for him, as I dont think Ellis is on big coin. The only other forward unsigned atm is Fuimaono, but I.think he'll be offered a new contract soon.

I dont think a lot of our mess will be sorted until the end of next year when we have roughly 12 coming off contract.

Lots to ponder.

Latest posts