What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PAUL MCGREGOR SAYS JACK DE BELIN SAGA COST HIM DRAGONS JOB

Kylez3

Juniors
McGregor couldn't even use an interchange bench properly. He was the most incompetent fraud of a coach that I've ever seen.

Stifled so many juniors too. Somebody else in the thread mentioned that he didn't even watch/attend the lower grades.. probably too busy having beers with Euey.

Oh and 5th tackle tries + tries from kicks don't count.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
There were always two things I particularly disliked about McGregor.

The first was his willingness to throw players under the bus in the wake of (yet another) loss. In any endeavour - sporting or otherwise - that is atrocious leadership. On that score, Hook is a massive improvement.

The second was when plan A wasn't working, there never appeared to be a plan B. I think this was often to blame for the mid-season fade-outs. As soon as opposition teams figured out a tactic to combat our current style of play, the ideas cupboard was bare.

This second point is where the jury's still out for mine on Hook. Admittedly the squad has been ravaged by injuries and suspensions but I'm still waiting to see that plan B in action.

Gareth67

First Grade
346AB076-DED9-47AB-8DA1-62605CEED0F7.jpeg

“ Well a man speaks from his heart and gets insulted for his troubles ! You pack of whiners still haven’t changed , never appreciated just what you had when the boys were under my tutelage . Now look where you are - I told you that Griffo was a mug , good lawd the man can’t even paint ! Surely that must had told you something about his coaching ability ? “

“ A old friend of mine once said ‘ fester always remember , a man who can’t paint cannot coach ! ‘ or was that ‘ a man who cannot coach , can’t paint ? ‘ Er whatever , the point is that I am living proof of a self made coach . “

“ Anyway I can’t waste any more time on you lot , as I am expecting a call from my mate Jack at any moment “

Last edited:

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
If as suggested we lost Saab because of this delusional bloke then enough said.
Blacksafake, don't start on this mate. I'm starting to get twitchy and having dark thoughts about McGregor again. My psychologist has told me I am making good progress in dealing with my "McGregor Syndrome". And then I see Saab run 100 meters in 2nd gear and I start looking at the kitchen knives again. Deep breath, deep breath, deep breath!!!

Rob Dragon 1

Juniors
To Paul McGregor, here's the thing... if you're a good enough coach, you'll get another job offer.

If not, then you'll find some work elsewhere.

IMO, talking to News Corp isn't the way to go.
Willow, spot on mate. I have said earlier that a few of my mates who follow other sides expressed some sympathy for McGregor when the axe finally dropped. I told them that this was a wonderful opportunity for their clubs to seek out McGregor for some form of coaching role at their clubs. Their response? All last seen heading for the hills at a rapid pace. He is unemployable as a coach. When multiple captains leave the joint there is a bad smell in the air.

But Willow, he is a symptom of the issue not the real issue. The real issue is the BOD who all still maintain their positions and they are not suddenly going to become competent and insightful. The good clubs are strong top to bottom. We unfortunately are an inverted pyramid. Horrendous at the top, tip it upside down. The sooner we are purchased outright by a single owner the better. Until then Gordon, Young, Doust etc still sit in positions of power.

blacksafake

First Grade
Blacksafake, don't start on this mate. I'm starting to get twitchy and having dark thoughts about McGregor again. My psychologist has told me I am making good progress in dealing with my "McGregor Syndrome". And then I see Saab run 100 meters in 2nd gear and I start looking at the kitchen knives again. Deep breath, deep breath, deep breath!!!
Deep Breath’s Rob & go for a walk to clear the mind when the syndrome starts

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Willow, spot on mate. I have said earlier that a few of my mates who follow other sides expressed some sympathy for McGregor when the axe finally dropped. I told them that this was a wonderful opportunity for their clubs to seek out McGregor for some form of coaching role at their clubs. Their response? All last seen heading for the hills at a rapid pace. He is unemployable as a coach. When multiple captains leave the joint there is a bad smell in the air.

But Willow, he is a symptom of the issue not the real issue. The real issue is the BOD who all still maintain their positions and they are not suddenly going to become competent and insightful. The good clubs are strong top to bottom. We unfortunately are an inverted pyramid. Horrendous at the top, tip it upside down. The sooner we are purchased outright by a single owner the better. Until then Gordon, Young, Doust etc still sit in positions of power.
Agree with the first paragraph. Second paragraph is a work in progress.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Well what do you know, in all his press conferences where he was saying the JDB case will not impact the season he was clearly lying. Deep down he was thinking, we are screwed here as I have no plan B. Which is what we all assumed or should I say knew at the time as we had no faith in a coach who relied on 1 player.

dannyt

Coach
That Dapto Canaries under 8s job is apparently available next season

Seriously Paul, you were the worst NRL coach of all time.

How you lasted 7 plus seasons is a testament to our woeful administration. Nothing else.
What have you got against the Dapto Canaries u/8s?

RedVDave

First Grade
Mary's way of thinking.

First he inherited a mess from Price, then the players weren't performing, then he didn't have the team he wanted, then his assistant coaches were all inept, then player X got injured, then player X got suspended then the pandemic struck, then new rules impacted his game plan, then origin ruined his season .... And then.