What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - Rabbitohs vs Knights: Saturday 12th June 5:30pm @Stadium Australia

callmack1

Staff member
Yewwwww good to be back!! After a week off, it's great to be back looking forward to a Souths game this week. I hope the boys have had a good week off, a good break and a good rest. It's now time to look towards Saturday night as we take on the Knights at home. This game will obviously be Origin affected, which impacts both sides but us more than the Knights.

I'm not sure how to feel about this game as it' hard to get a read on Newcastle. It really depends what Knights side turns up. On their day, they can contend with anyone but they are inconsistent and often don't turn up. However, I have a feeling we won't get off that easily this week. The Knights are going to be absolutely desperate and will see this as a chance to claim a big scalp as we may be without some Origin stars. They had a rough game last night so will be really fired up to rebound, he have to be ready for that. The forward battle is the key for me as that's where most of their stars, most of their firepower are. They may have some injuries but still have a decent pack that will be wanting to test themselves against us. I'm confident if we can contain them there, we have their measure in the backs.

For us, it's hard to know how we're going to go too. Full strength and I'd be extremely confident but I have a feeling that there's a real possibility our Origin players won't back up, at least not all of them. We will not be full strength. There should be no pressure to back up either as we really need to get this Origin period right in terms of players rest and recovery. We must manage loads correctly or the Season could fall over like it did in 2019. Whatever side we put out, I'll still back them to get the job done and we still need to perform well. We found our mojo again against Parra so this game is all about keeping that roll going. Complete your sets, continue to improve defence. That's the focus for me.

So it's an interesting week coming up but an important one. The Origin period is vital and if you can continue to win throughout it, it'll hold you in great stead for the run to the Finals. Let's hope we can continue to do so. Keen for Saturday!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 14,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Mansour
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Arrow
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Koloamatangi
12. Host
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Nicholls
16. Sele
17. Burgess

This is just how I think it'll be named tomorrow, perhaps not how we'll actually run out on Saturday night. I expect Wayne to name all Origin players and he'll probably want them all to back up if possible. Whether they actually do back up is another story but they'll be named. Apart from that and Sauce back in, I think the side will be basically the same as Round 12. If Su'A has a good game on Wednesday night, then he probably forces his way back into the 17 in place of Host, Nicholls or Sele.

southsport

First Grade
Here's my predicted line up for Round 14,

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Gagai
4. Graham
5. Mansour
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Arrow
9. Cook
10. Tatola
11. Koloamatangi
12. Host
13. Murray

14. Marshall
15. Nicholls
16. Sele
17. Burgess

This is just how I think it'll be named tomorrow, perhaps not how we'll actually run out on Saturday night. I expect Wayne to name all Origin players and he'll probably want them all to back up if possible. Whether they actually do back up is another story but they'll be named. Apart from that and Sauce back in, I think the side will be basically the same as Round 12. If Su'A has a good game on Wednesday night, then he probably forces his way back into the 17 in place of Host, Nicholls or Sele.
Gagai has tonsilitis and I'm wondering if Wayne will rest him?

Rabbits20

Immortal
If we're fair dinkum we should account for the Knights. I don't care if it's scrappy, I just want the 2 points. You need to represent us R20 and shout your lungs out Brother!
Don’t worry mate that’s what I plan on doing! I don’t care if it’s scrappy it probs will be but we just need to get the win.

But I need help wherever you are including you Callmack, Botany, Southy, Handyman everyone on your feet at 5:29pm this Saturday!

Jim Rockford

Bench
Don’t worry mate that’s what I plan on doing! I don’t care if it’s scrappy it probs will be but we just need to get the win.

But I need help wherever you are including you Callmack, Botany, Southy, Handyman everyone on your feet at 5:29pm this Saturday!
Mate, I'll be screaming at the TV as usual and I'll have my Parra supporting mate here cheering us on too.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gagai has tonsilitis and I'm wondering if Wayne will rest him?
I reckon Gags will be rested mate.

I heard Burns hurt his shoulder the other week in reserve grade. Anyone know how severe it is? We could do with Burns as cover if Gags is out. Shame Taane is out 3 weeks as well we could’ve done with him. I don’t have confidence in Moga or Marsters. Jed won’t be able to play either as he got concussed in reserve grade over last weekend.

handyman2190

Bench
I reckon Gags will be rested mate.

I heard Burns hurt his shoulder the other week in reserve grade. Anyone know how severe it is? We could do with Burns as cover if Gags is out. Shame Taane is out 3 weeks as well we could’ve done with him. I don’t have confidence in Moga or Marsters. Jed won’t be able to play either as he got concussed in reserve grade over last weekend.
I read ,and i forget who,is interested in signing burns, nice bloke but nice blokes who are injury prone dont win games, i hope we dont resign him

southsport

First Grade
Team is:

1. Latrell Mitchell
  2. Alex Johnston
  3. Braidon Burns
  4. Campbell Graham
  5. Taane Milne
  6. Cody Walker
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Mark Nicholls
  9. Damien Cook
  10. Tevita Tatola
  11. Keaon Koloamatangi
  12. Jacob Host
  13. Cameron Murray
  14. Benji Marshall
  15. Jaydn Su'A
  16. Hame Sele
  17. Thomas Burgess
  18. Liam Knight
  19. Patrick Mago
  20. Blake Taaffe
  21. Josh Mansour
  22. Tautau Moga
  23. Peter Mamouzelos

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/06/08/team-list-announcement-round-14/

Not quite as I expected it to be named but I'm still happy with that line up. It's a very strong side. Mitchell, Cook, Murray and Su'A all named to back up while Gagai and Arrow have been guaranteed a rest as they have not been named. That's fine, I'm happy Wayne has decided to go with that. Burns and Nicholls have been named in their place. Obviously, this is subject to change as it depends how the boys get through tomorrow night and how they pull up in the days after. We could run out as named or we could have none of those Origin guys playing, it's a wait and see. Taaffe and Mamouzelos have obviously been named in cover if that proves to be the case and we could see one or both of them make their debuts.

Aside from the Origin stuff, it's good to see Burns and Milne named as it shows the injury reports about them are obviously false so that's good. It also seems Milne has now jumped ahead of Mansour in the pecking order so Sauce has some work to do.

Anyway, a bloody good side named and we'll see what happens in the coming days!

Latest posts