What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Game I - NSW 50-6 QLD @ QCBS Townsville

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Say what you will for the smuggers but all their NSW players had absurdly good games.

Anyways, QLD will be better with Papalii, possibly Ponga (??), Welch playing a full game and Grant/Munster actually playing some footy before playing a rep game but jesus they look miles off NSW.

big hit!

Bench
Say what you will for the smuggers but all their NSW players had absurdly good games.

Anyways, QLD will be better with Papalii, possibly Ponga (??), Welch playing a full game and Grant/Munster actually playing some footy before playing a rep game but jesus they look miles off NSW.

Perhaps it wouldn't have made too much of a difference because most of the issues for QLD were closer to the ball and not having Pap, Collins, and losing Welch early, but Brimson to FB and Holmes staying on the left wing should've been the change when Ponga was ruled out.

And as mentioned before, keeping Capewell at centre against Trbo (just because it worked for one match last series) and bringing in Su'A from reserve grade were shit decisions too.

Green failed miserably first up.

Jono078

Referee
Sublime performance by NSW - absolute pleasure to watch footy at the highest level.

Also not sure how much chat there's been about the refs in here, but well done to them too, I thought it was as perfect officiating as can be - but credit also goes to the players for this and not giving the refs too much to consider.

Reflector

Juniors
To'o and Luai should record their own rendition of 'End Of The Road' but they're wearing their Blues jerseys with footage from last nights' game overlaid.

moffla

Bench
Sublime performance by NSW - absolute pleasure to watch footy at the highest level.

Also not sure how much chat there's been about the refs in here, but well done to them too, I thought it was as perfect officiating as can be - but credit also goes to the players for this and not giving the refs too much to consider.
Origin players are generally smarter than others. They know where to tackle and how to avoid incidental contact with the head. I think there was just the one swinging arm last night? Credit to the ref for putting it on report and keeping that game 13 v 13. Appropriate action in my book.

_Johnsy

Referee
Exactly.

There were guys like TPJ and Klemmer that were left out who pack for more go forward but the risk was their defence and potential high tackle that could lead to a binning.

Radley will be available for game 2 but I wouldn’t go near him either cause of the same risk.
I'd almost be inclined to have start with the single purpose Absolutely destroy Munster & grant with legal tackles. Then bench him & use for impact. I think we drop Wighton for Radley.

I'd almost be inclined to have start with the single purpose Absolutely destroy Munster & grant with legal tackles. Then bench him & use for impact. I think we drop Wighton for Radley.
KInda need a back in there incase of injury. Although I’m not really a fan of Wighton, would much rather prefer Papenhuyzen.

I just couldn’t trust Radley, he’s certain to do something stupid. If we needed additional defence, I’d go with Finucane who also is better on attack then Radley.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I was planning to fly to Sydney for a potential decider but might change that to QLD if pallachook let’s us.
Bruz the game sold out at the beginning of the week - only a few nrl packages remain but you will have to get that wallet outtttt

ek999

First Grade
KInda need a back in there incase of injury. Although I’m not really a fan of Wighton, would much rather prefer Papenhuyzen.

I just couldn’t trust Radley, he’s certain to do something stupid. If we needed additional defence, I’d go with Finucane who also is better on attack then Radley.
I doubt there will be any changes at all. Crichton and Frizzell will both be fit but no one deserves to lose their place and they shouldn't given the result.

I actually like Wighton as cover more than Paps. He is bigger and can effectively cover every backline position but also be much more effective as a forward if there are no injuries. Biggest risk would be if there is an injury to Cook but that can be covered by Jake T, Yeo, Martin or Murray along with Wighton.

Have a look at Qld last night, they would have loved to have someone the size of Wighton to bring on, instead they had AJ who was completely ineffective playing as a utility.

Barring injuries we may unfortunately not see Paps in Origin for quite a few years

I doubt there will be any changes at all. Crichton and Frizzell will both be fit but no one deserves to lose their place and they shouldn't given the result.

I actually like Wighton as cover more than Paps. He is bigger and can effectively cover every backline position but also be much more effective as a forward if there are no injuries. Biggest risk would be if there is an injury to Cook but that can be covered by Jake T, Yeo, Martin or Murray along with Wighton.

Have a look at Qld last night, they would have loved to have someone the size of Wighton to bring on, instead they had AJ who was completely ineffective playing as a utility.

Barring injuries we may unfortunately not see Paps in Origin for quite a few years
Fair call.

The_Frog

First Grade
I expect Crichton will come in for Martin. Friz hasn't earnt a place in this side. Not sure who you'd drop for Radley when he's back either.

blaza88z

Coach
With the 3 Queensland teams so far down the ladder I can't see how they will improve much in the next 2 games. If nothing else Coates is a massive liability in defence and should be dropped for the next game but I can't think of anyone who is a standout to replace him with. Even with Papallii back and Welch staying on the field for a whole game I don't think QLD have the cattle to go with NSW in the forwards which just opens it up for their team full of in form backs.

Agree, put another team in NSW.

blaza88z

Coach

Paul Green has a bit to answer for, Holmes was okay at best. Brimson plays fullback every week but because it's Paul Green and he has a history with the Cowboys he throws his lovechild in at fullback.

Feldt was horrendous too, basically handed NSW their first try.

blaza88z

Coach
I expect Crichton will come in for Martin. Friz hasn't earnt a place in this side. Not sure who you'd drop for Radley when he's back either.

Friz has earned his spot as much as Tariq Sims, he's in a struggling team and it always looks worse when a player is in a team that's going nowhere.

Latest posts