What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Game I - NSW 50-6 QLD @ QCBS Townsville

Series: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Paul Green has a bit to answer for, Holmes was okay at best. Brimson plays fullback every week but because it's Paul Green and he has a history with the Cowboys he throws his lovechild in at fullback.

Feldt was horrendous too, basically handed NSW their first try.
Holmes is a very average fullback, he is an elite winger, awesome finisher, very good athelete, footy instincts of a rock.

Not even the best fullback in his team, I do wonder how long it will take Todd to put the Hammer at the back.

blaza88z

Coach
So....

Were there any lucky NSW people here who were at the game last night?

Because we all want to hear a detailed recount of the experience...

I highly doubt it mate, that stadium holds about 20k which is a good size venue for the Cowboys but if you are talking about Origin, it would've been sold out quite quickly and the local businesses are no mugs either. The pricing of hotels and all that would've sky rocketed.

During Green's final years as Cowboys coach the team had poor line speed and never won the ruck. NSW killed Queensland in both areas last night. They cannot blame it on the loss of Welch to HIA, as NSW were already well on top. The better side won and the scoreline reflected the difference between the two teams.

Spot On

Coach
Gagai is to Origin what Moses is to Parra-

You see him everywhere when his team have a roll-on or are on top (usually through the work of someone else) but when his team is losing or down on their luck you can forget he's playing

I don't care how unpopular the opinion is, but his so-called Origin prowess has more to do with the fact it suits the narrative of "Qld NRL players always grow 10 feet tall when they put the maroon jersey on". If Gagai wore sky blue he'd be regarded as a stable Origin player who you could rely on not to shit the bed. That would be it.
It's not unpopular - it's been proven year after year after year. The bloke can't tackle.

Gags - the only player in 71 years to let his opposition winger scored 6 tries around him.

Torn apart yet again at Origin level. Unable to lay a finger on his opposite. No Simple Jack playing in the centres this year.

Calls for Capewell to be replaced... if Gags is such a gun centre then put him on Turbo. Should towel him easy!

some11

Referee
Origin players are generally smarter than others. They know where to tackle and how to avoid incidental contact with the head. I think there was just the one swinging arm last night? Credit to the ref for putting it on report and keeping that game 13 v 13. Appropriate action in my book.
Feldts was a sin bin because he does that dirty shit regularly at the cowboys.

I expect Crichton will come in for Martin. Friz hasn't earnt a place in this side. Not sure who you'd drop for Radley when he's back either.

Radley is suspended until Round 16, which is when the teams for Origin 3 will get picked. He may not get picked as a consequence unless one of the current squad gets injured.

The_Frog

First Grade
I highly doubt it mate, that stadium holds about 20k which is a good size venue for the Cowboys but if you are talking about Origin, it would've been sold out quite quickly and the local businesses are no mugs either. The pricing of hotels and all that would've sky rocketed.
Apparently the NRL received $8m for staging the game, which is $300 per person in the ground. I doubt tickets were that expensive so they had to make the money back somehow.

84 Baby

Referee
I expect Crichton will come in for Martin. Friz hasn't earnt a place in this side. Not sure who you'd drop for Radley when he's back either.
Why would anyone drop anyone for Radley? Perhaps if another 5 or 6 players got injured/suspended

Latest posts