What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

MugaB

Coach
It wasn't me but someone suggested the best way to stop players lying down pretending they have an injury from a high tackle is to make it a mandatory 2 minute spell on the sidelines, This would stop this "soccer rubbish:"
Should be 10 minutes

Kilkenny

Coach
It wasn't me but someone suggested the best way to stop players lying down pretending they have an injury from a high tackle is to make it a mandatory 2 minute spell on the sidelines, This would stop this "soccer rubbish:"

Simulation in soccer or football as it should be known is a different beast.

Most of the theatric’s or diving involve contact with the legs, feet and not in the upper part of the body.

Im not sure there is realistically any way we can stop it our game.

franklin2323

Immortal

Most of the theatric’s or diving involve contact with the legs, feet and not in the upper part of the body.

They can tell it is a high shot to penalise. 15 min HIA for anyone on the ground due to head knock. That will stop it

BxTom

Bench

Why were the 'concussed' players not sent to have a HIA assessment? Get them off the field for however long - that will make them twice about feigning injury.

Kilkenny

Coach
They can tell it is a high shot to penalise. 15 min HIA for anyone on the ground due to head knock. That will stop it

I can tell you now that will not happen. There is contact with the head and or pressure on the neck worthy of sanction or penalties but not sufficient to warrant mandatory HIA. Such a mandatory ruling just goes against everything VLandys is trying to accomplish and penalises the player who has been infringed against. It is a dilemma I know but there simply isn’t an easy fix.

Kilkenny

Coach
Why were the 'concussed' players not sent to have a HIA assessment? Get them off the field for however long - that will make them twice about feigning injury.
Because there is no concussion. There are illegal tackles or contact with head/neck which do not result in concussion.

I agree it is a minefield, nightmare and is really having a negative impact on the game.

Tonight will be interesting.

Kilkenny

Coach
Football/Soccer whatever you prefer is in a much easier position because with the VAR they can much easier identify when a play has ’dived’ In order to obtain a penalty or other advantage. Video often shows the ‘dive’ with no contact and they can punish the so called ‘diver’ for simulation and issue the player with a yellow card. The Daine Laurie incident on Friday night, there was contact with the head albeit minuscule but I’m just not sure our game rules on his feigning injury given the ‘crackdown’. It really is one big mess.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can tell you now that will not happen. There is contact with the head and or pressure on the neck worthy of sanction or penalties but not sufficient to warrant mandatory HIA. Such a mandatory ruling just goes against everything VLandys is trying to accomplish and penalises the player who has been infringed against. It is a dilemma I know but there simply isn’t an easy fix.

Then the bunker stays out of then. The Bunker is stopping play, going back a few tackles because x player gets up holding his neck or something.

That is the practice that is a farce. That is where you can bring in if Play stops player goes off. If not just let play go

Kilkenny

Coach
Then the bunker stays out of then. The Bunker is stopping play, going back a few tackles because x player gets up holding his neck or something.

That is the practice that is a farce. That is where you can bring in if Play stops player goes off. If not just let play go
100% agree on this point.

snickers007

Juniors
Had a proud dad moment yesterday.

My two year old daughter is at severe risk of being indoctrinated into a Rabbits fan from my better half's family. She's been saying 'Go Rabbitohs' for a couple of weeks now, but everytime I try and correct her with 'Go Panthers' she laughs and says 'No Daddy. Don't be silly'.

Anyway, we were scrolling through Instagram yesterday morning, and the Panthers teamlist appeared, and unprompted she yelled 'Go Panthers!'. She also told me that she wanted me to wear my Panthers jacket yesterday too. Then this morning she told me that our black cat Apollo is her favorite because he is a Panther.

What a little legend. Brings a tear to my eye.

BxTom

Bench

My two year old daughter is at severe risk of being indoctrinated into a Rabbits fan from my better half's family. She's been saying 'Go Rabbitohs' for a couple of weeks now, but everytime I try and correct her with 'Go Panthers' she laughs and says 'No Daddy. Don't be silly'.

Anyway, we were scrolling through Instagram yesterday morning, and the Panthers teamlist appeared, and unprompted she yelled 'Go Panthers!'. She also told me that she wanted me to wear my Panthers jacket yesterday too. Then this morning she told me that our black cat Apollo is her favorite because he is a Panther.

When she grows up, she'll thank you for the beatings to set her straight!! ;) :) :)

Seriously though, it sounds like you are doing a great job.

ACTPanthers

Bench

I'm not crying, it's something in my eye!

WestyLife

First Grade
called it Hunt schooled Gal. Though Gal can take some punishment. It was like an argument between me and the wife, me being gal 😂

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Huni hits like a featherweight. He won't do shit on the big stage

I didn’t watch but from the reports I’ve read Huni could’ve finished that fight at any time. Well done to gal but he will get hurt, long term hurt if gets on the ring with guys in Huni’s class.