What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs the Chokkie Soldiers

Did not look good at all. Reminded me of the Tszyu/juda knock-out. Tried as hard as he could to pretend he wasn't hurt but looked even worse with his attempt to hide it.
Didn't seem like a particularly heavy knock either.
Hes a Champion Rugby league footballer . No way he would want to go out like this . Just hope hes got some strong support to help him in transition to have a great life after football. Really even if he has some good games left I dont want to be waiting and watching for a train wreck.

Well Bomber couldn't coach the team to beat a top 8 side from last year and Hannay has done it.
Plain facts that some cannot seem to acknowledge.
Sounding a little desperate in your continual Morriss put downs. He's gone. Most seem to want to move on. Different era now.

Sounding a little desperate in your continual Morriss put downs. He's gone. Most seem to want to move on. Different era now.
I answered a question put to the forum by someone else.
You and your little mate are trying too hard with me.
I'll give you a tip, you aren't smart enough to match wits, and both of your knowledge of how a football club runs is very negligible.
You both did this to carch, don't think the pattern between you two hasn't been noticed.

Big Bloke

Juniors
I was out at the game tonight.
Loved the first half, hated the second.
Typical Cronulla though.
Should have listened to my 11 year old at halftime when he wanted to go home.
Glad we stayed in the end.
We’re still pretenders this year, but getting to the 8 will be a pass.

SharkShocked

Bench
Getting to the 8 after the way everything panned out earlier in the season, throw in the injuries to start the season. Would be a big over achieve, not just a pass.

Quicksilver

Bench
I answered a question put to the forum by someone else.
You and your little mate are trying too hard with me.
I'll give you a tip, you aren't smart enough to match wits, and both of your knowledge of how a football club runs is very negligible.
You both did this to carch, don't think the pattern between you two hasn't been noticed.

lol
As opposed to the accepted behaviour which is usually 90% of the forum piling on to whichever player/coach is the scapegoat of the month.

Weaponhead

Coach
This game highlighted why the Sharks are an occasionally exciting but ultimately underwhelming footy side. Good control and slick attack in the first half matched by some sloppy ruck defence and in the second half.

Definitely a good win to get irrespective of players out for the Pennies.

Ronnie looks a lot stronger and has stepped up his tackle busting. Runs with real purpose. Williams, Toby and Woods were strong. Credit to Johnson for icing the game. Nikora looked better than he has for some time. Moyzas run was hilarious. The hammy's must have been screaming.

The fact that this team is on the edge of the 8 shows that there a lot of ordinary sides in the comp. Some very winnable games to come should see a bottom of the 8 finish with a cannon fodder first semi to close the season.

Can't wait for Fitz to sort out the defence.

bluefox68

Staff member
So based on that do you think Hannay is a better coach?
Even though Bomber looked better on TV and seems to be an absolute champion of a bloke, I think Hannay has, in a short space of time, shown that he actually IS a better rugby league coach, as he has made the tough decisions that actually NEEDED to be made:

1. Dropping the seemingly undroppable Chad.
2. Gradually bringing Fifita back into the team.

I’m sure there would be other examples (e.g. What is happening with Duges and Chad NOW?)… But I don’t have any real idea about those matters.

We are playing a more direct style of footy, which is leading to better backline opportunities.

The forwards are attacking well.
We just need a lot of work in defence, and we need to control the ball.

I am NOT saying that Bomber was a bad coach - NO WAY - but Hannay is willing to buy into the FitzFiture…

😃😃😃

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Will K is much improved, well he has confidence now, but he is no where near busy enough.

Get busy Will, you returns are great, your jioning the backline is great, ball playing is great, your efforts in the middle third very poor. The good teams have fullbacks cutting up the middle as well as backline moves.

Still yet to replace Barba. Not one since has been anywhere near what he brought.

snout

First Grade
Even though Bomber looked better on TV and seems to be an absolute champion of a bloke, I think Hannay has, in a short space of time, shown that he actually IS a better rugby league coach, as he has made the tough decisions that actually NEEDED to be made:

1. Dropping the seemingly undroppable Chad.
2. Gradually bringing Fifita back into the team.

I’m sure there would be other examples (e.g. What is happening with Duges and Chad NOW?)… But I don’t have any real idea about those matters.

We are playing a more direct style of footy, which is leading to better backline opportunities.

The forwards are attacking well.
We just need a lot of work in defence, and we need to control the ball.

I am NOT saying that Bomber was a bad coach - NO WAY - but Hannay is willing to buy into the FitzFiture…

😃😃😃
Hannay is a bigger player pleaser than bomber.
He had nothing to do with Chad being dropped.
Chad probably picked the side with him.

snout

First Grade
Thw 2nd half last night was just 40 minutes of backs to the wall.
We did enough to win in the first half and arent a polished enough outfit to come out and ice it.
We couldnt get momentum - they had it all for 39 and a half minutes and cleary drilled them to improve their defence and they did. We could not find a hole..talakai couldnt punch through and he always does at least once a game.
We lost our captain.
SJs kicking game was beautiful to watch but he cant run or step so we are down a running 7.
Tracey did some incredible things- great hands and loves the competition and collision. Toby and williams the same. Williams pickup and run got us out of the shit.
They had one player who put on 3 plays otherwise they dont score.
I never doubted us winning even at 18 all.
We are making slow and steady progress. Mid year signings. Sacking the useless halfback. Moving blokes on. Back to back wins and getting injured guys back. Somebody said the 8 is a pass and thats about right.
At the moment its just great to be racking up the 2 points. We beat the leaders - l dont give a f**k how many they had out - that just shows theyre a 6 man team plus burton. (Side note Tyrone May has been found out the last weeks ha).
So the confidence in the joint must be high. Confidence and winning becomes contagious and theres blokes on the sidelines watching us who would be pleased.
Mcinnes.
Nicho
Fitz
Bellyache
Finucane
If theyre pleased other dominos would be the same and thinking theres a club on the rise.
Get on board.

Last edited:

Ozzi_78

First Grade
If we can jag a position in the 8 this year we will well and truly extend the run of top 8 finishes by a Sydney side which currently sits at 6.

This was the season to drop one before Fitz comes and fixes some stuff up. Let’s see how this goes.

Craigshark

First Grade
Tracey played pretty well last night. If Katoa makes a successful return today for the jets, what happens next week?