What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

Anyone who goes to the effort to publicly state that they don't care, actually does. 🤷‍♂️
I’d rather think about a submission on the game or other issues people raise.

Pound for pound, Burto is a very exciting and competent footy player, elite passing game and everyone is allowed a few quieter games and the odd mishap.

I was listening to an interview with him after the game and he can’t quite hide his intelligence.

His explanation for the loss was the sides lack of execution of the game plan everyone had been working on all week. They knew what they had to do, but it evaporated in the first half.

By inference, it was a generous nod to Ivan and the smug game strategists, but a broader failure of the side to execute on the field.

Interestingly, he did not attribute the loss to what I thought was the overall extraordinary performance of sharks side First half. In his mind, it was an “own-goal” style loss.

Extrapolating this further, it suggests that the (as yet undefeated) soo smug side have a superior ability to manifest the coaches instructions.

It was a close game. Ivans half time reminder was very effective, suggesting certain skills and influence. That’s a big tick on Ivans side of the footy ledger.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
That was a double movement every day of the week. Kikau's an idiot for promoting it but it's not the first time he's done something stupid.
He could have so easily won the game for us, the pass to Staines was insane, except it was forward.

Fangs

Coach
Re Staines. I think his workload is what is expected of him. He is a small unit and also very green. We have 4 other outside backs to carry the load. To'o is one of the best in the game and Edwards one of the fittest.

As long as he scores tries and doesn't miss simple tackles like last night he is doing his job.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Re Staines. I think his workload is what is expected of him. He is a small unit and also very green. We have 4 other outside backs to carry the load. To'o is one of the best in the game and Edwards one of the fittest.

As long as he scores tries and doesn't miss simple tackles like last night he is doing his job.
He defends very well for his size, his game awareness is excellent.

franklin2323

Immortal
He had a couple in the second half. Wonder why when we have no plays to take advantage of his skills.

The years Ivan has gone well it was on the back of big wingers starting sets well. I don't expect Ivan to change much. A winger gaining on ave 90m a game doesn't bring much to the side.

So he needs to come up with ways to get involved more. Staines isn't alone but there are a few guys starting to now look like no 2nd tier footy last year is hurting them

franklin2323

Immortal
He is looking slow which is weird. No idea why May us getting defended but Staines crucified.

5 tackles. 3 misses. 2 errors. 73m gained. 2nd week in a row a long range try scored down his side with him no where to be seen.

Compare that to Jennings and why should Jennings not play this week

chrisD

Coach

He hasn't taken a half chance all year, he just gets taken out with a wimper. Every try he's scored he was odds on favourite to score. So what the f**k else does he offer? Momo's miss was gross and the worst mistake we had last night, Staines miss on the same play was the second worst.

BxTom

Bench
He is looking slow which is weird. No idea why May us getting defended but Staines crucified.
Nobody's 'crucifiing' Staines. Why do you exaggerate so much to support your own view? Just twisting words. As to May, a good utility, but it's not fair to criticise him - he is being asked to play in a position that he has never filled at NRL level.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nobody's 'crucifiing' Staines. Why do you exaggerate so much to support your own view? Just twisting words. As to May, a good utility, but it's not fair to criticise him - he is being asked to play in a position that he has never filled at NRL level.

I noticed you had nothing to say when you got it completely wrong what I said yesterday. Waiting to stick the boot in eh.

There's no exaggeration. People are calling for Staines to be dropped. A sentiment usually shot down here a disrespectful to Panthers players. Yet May gets a free pass. If he couldn't do the job he shouldn't be there.

franklin2323

Immortal
I noticed you had nothing to say when you got it completely wrong what I said yesterday. Waiting to stick the boot in eh.

There's no exaggeration. People are calling for Staines to be dropped. A sentiment usually shot down here a disrespectful to Panthers players. Yet May gets a free pass. If he couldn't do the job he shouldn't be there.

Has anyone said May should start? So he will dropped from the starting side atleast Maybe the 17.

As for Staines. Jennings is in better form right now

WestyLife

First Grade
Has anyone said May should start? So he will dropped from the starting side atleast Maybe the 17.

As for Staines. Jennings is in better form right now

What we have is a coaching issue not a player issue really.

May hasn't played in 3 years at half.

Staines isn't a Mansour style winger.

Both can be addressed with good coaching. Neither have been. May will change back to utility which I don't think he is even good enough for but whatever it works well enough.

Ivan re-signed Staines, backed him over Mansour knowing he was a different style of player then didn't adjust his game plan.