What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Chi wow waaz

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Long lead up into this game. In previous years we would be expected to win this, but ultimately come home empty handed.

Hunt called into Origin isn't a concern really, it's still a 5 day turn for him, and that's if he plays. Same for Tariq, a 5 day turn. So, I expect both to back-up on the Monday. Then another 5 days v Raiders game.

I'm sure Trent will have his terriers barking loudly but I think they'll have little bite.

Expecting the same team that played against the Broncos, with maybe the inclusion of Lonax, maybe.

BLM01

First Grade
Another 9 TV game Is a concern for the ticker and yes traditionally where we been going much better than the dogs we seem to fail on this Monday game
As always the team we play seems to get most of their troops back from injury or suspension for our game
nonetheless we should beat them regardless

Hopefully a new coach can turn the tide there

kit66

Bench
Some good signs against the Broncs not least of which was the successful return of JDB to the side, he made some strong metres, quality tackles, nice quick play the balls but most importantly some nice ball playing including some linking passes that finished with tries, what a difference a bit of skill in the middle makes. And that was after nearly 3 years out of the game so expect him to improve in the coming weeks. Our other forwards also seemed to lift with JDB in the team, Kerr, Alvaro and Ford for example playing their best games in a long while. Norman's kicking game ( and goal kicking ) was terrific last week, he needs to keep that up.
We played a little deeper in attack and also managed to get some repeat sets from drop outs, hopefully that continues, we've had trouble doing that recently. Still need to work on the early ball out wide.
Ramsey added another 4 errors to his tally and shows no sign of improvement in catching the ball, positioning himself to catch passes or of generally getting involved in the game. I'd replace him with one of the young prospects or with Periera who's capable of making twice the metres and twice the tackle breaks Cody makes and he loves to get in and take hit ups to get us out of trouble.
Vaughan and Blocker need to step it up too, I think they've become a little complacent, maybe start one or the other on the bench just to remind them they have to earn their jerseys like everyone else.

The Dogs always lift against us and have pulled our pants down in recent seasons when they've had no right to but I think we have their measure this year. With Dufty firing, a centre pairing of Lomax and Bird and with JDB in the side I think we'll again get the score board ticking over. We'll need to clean up our defence quite a bit but with Bird back out wider and JDB better for the run I think that's doable.

jeffdragon

Bench
Another 9 TV game Is a concern for the ticker and yes traditionally where we been going much better than the dogs we seem to fail on this Monday game
As always the team we play seems to get most of their troops back from injury or suspension for our game
nonetheless we should beat them regardless

Hopefully a new coach can turn the tide there
It's on fox and kayo only.

denis preston

First Grade
Really, we should absolutely discount any form lines in the game against the Broncos, they were that bad defensively. Everybody looked like a bloody gun, even Norman. Reality won't come back against the puppies but from there on it should.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Really, we should absolutely discount any form lines in the game against the Broncos, they were that bad defensively. Everybody looked like a bloody gun, even Norman. Reality won't come back against the puppies but from there on it should.
At least we are better than two sides in this year's comp. Things are looking up.

BLM01

First Grade
It's on fox and kayo only.
Then we win!. I wont go and watch it at a pub as I will put the curse on if I do
Although I dont like being roaring favourites at $1.20..yuk

Can we get the monkey of our back. I remember last years game we pulled it out of the fire when the dogs threw the ball to Norman whilst in possession with a minute or 2 to go and Norman sprinting to score to get us out of jail. We never looked like winning that one as we came back from a fair half time deficit.

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade
Then we win!. I wont go and watch it at a pub as I will put the curse on if I do
Although I dont like being roaring favourites at $1.20..yuk

Can we get the monkey of our back. I remember last years game we pulled it out of the fire when the dogs threw the ball to Norman whilst in possession with a minute or 2 to go and Norman sprinting to score to get us out of jail. We never looked like winning that one as we came back from a fair half time deficit.

The corresponding game last year we were thrashed by the hapless Bulldogs. That game was later in the year. Was a typical win, patchy and forgettable.

getsmarty

Immortal
Bulldogs v Dragons: Reinforcements for Barrett; Lomax a chance

MATCH PREVIEW

Bulldogs v Dragons: Reinforcements for Barrett; Lomax a chance​

Author NRL.com Timestamp Mon 7 Jun 2021, 05:31 PM

Share on social media​

A refreshed Bulldogs outfit will be looking to spring a surprise against a St George Illawarra side fresh from a confidence-boosting victory.
The Dragons snapped a three-game losing streak in style last week, scoring 52 in a thumping of the Broncos with fullback Matt Dufty scoring two tries and producing five try assists.

They also bolstered their depth in the middle with the return of Jack de Belin, and while coach Anthony Griffin wouldn't have been thrilled with conceding 24 points against the wooden spooners he would've been happy with his team's best attacking display of the season.
The Bulldogs, meanwhile, are coming off the bye and are hopeful of a much-improved second half of the season after claiming just a single win in the first.
Attack has been Canterbury's problem this year, with Trent Barrett's men averaging just over 11 points per game. With 134 points scored from 12 matches, they're the only club yet to score 200 points this season.

Match: Bulldogs v Dragons​

Round 14 - Monday 14th June

4:00pm

Bulldogs
Home Team

Bulldogs

16th Position

Dragons
Away Team

Dragons

8th Position

Venue: Stadium Australia, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel

The rundown​

Team news​

Bulldogs: Coach Trent Barrett welcomes back Sione Katoa and Chris Smith from suspension while Jeremy Marshall-King (foot), Lachlan Lewis (ribs), Corey Allan (shoulder) and Brad Deitz (hamstring) are all a chance of exiting the injury ward and being available for selection.
Dragons: Forward Poasa Faamausili (head knock) failed a HIA during the victory over Brisbane and would need to clear concussion protocols if he was to play.
Winger Max Feagai (head knock) is expected to be available this week while centre Zac Lomax (thumb) is also a hope of putting his hand up for a return to the line-up.

Bulldogs
Home Team

Bulldogs

Dragons
Away Team

Dragons

Last updated: 11:28 pm Monday 7th June 2021

Key match-up​

Matt Dufty v Dallin Watene-Zelezniak: One in-form player with a future contract on the line goes up against a player who is yet to nail down a position for this season.
Dufty was in sublime touch on Thursday, scoring or laying on a whopping seven tries against Brisbane, and yet still appears to be on the outer at the Dragons with no contract offer for next year forthcoming.

Watene-Zelezniak, meanwhile, is contracted until 2022 but has been shifted between fullback and the wing this year, with teammates Nick Meaney and Corey Allan also spending time at the back.
Both still have plenty to prove in one of the most vital positions in the modern game.

Stat attack​

They may struggle to score points but one thing you can say for the Bulldogs in attack is they know how to take care of the ball. Canterbury's 7.1 errors per game is the fewest of any team in the NRL, and much better than the Dragons' 10.1 (second worst).
It does, however, suggest Trent Barrett's men aren't chancing their arm enough in attack – they rank third last in offloads per game and last in line-break assists, line breaks and tries.

getsmarty

Immortal
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Presented By TripADeal

NRL team announcement: Round 14 v Bulldogs​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Tue 8 Jun 2021, 03:57 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 14 clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Stadium Australia on Monday, June 14.
New South Wales Origin back-rower Tariq Sims has been included in the wider squad at the expense of Jayden Sullivan. How Sims pulls up from State of Origin I on Wednesday night will determine his availability for the Bulldogs.

Dragons five-eighth Corey Norman will play game 50 for the St George Illawarra against the Bulldogs on Monday afternoon. Billy Burns is the new face in the 21 otherwise.

NRL squad for Round 14 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs –​

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame– sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Jack Bird – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Adam Clune
19. Kaide Ellis
20. Tariq Sims
21. Billy Burns

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/06/08/nrl-team-announcement-round-14-v-bulldogs/

getsmarty

Immortal

Behind enemy lines: Round 14​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Tue 8 Jun 2021, 04:00 PM

Share on social media​

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have named their mandatory 21-man squad ahead of their Round 14 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at Stadium Australia on Monday, June 14.
Jeremy Marshall-King (foot) and Sione Katoa (suspension) return in place of Brad Deitz and Jackson Topine.

Bulldogs
Home Team

Bulldogs

Dragons
Away Team

Dragons

Team Lists​

Backs​