What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

What……,,,
Tigers club officials attending Penrith Junior club games looking at players.

This is one of our official club vans photographed deep into the smug rugby league heartland.

Moylans junior club.

The evidence not even an hour old.

I suspect it will be on Smug official's desk within the hour and a formal complaint made to Pascoe.

In the old days we drove plain clothed cars, now we arrive in official squad and walk around owning the joint I guess. Mmmm.

brotherly @stryker would approve.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Wait there’s more.....

Mitchell Pearce reportedly linked with Tigers​

Controversial NRL star Mitchell Pearce could be lining up in new colours next season, and it may land him at a place he knows all too well.

Cant see this happening in a month of Sundays. He snubbed us at the start of his career for Roosters and didnt give a fig. Now he is disposable his manager is sprukking fantasies- he wouldnt want to come here, nor would we want him. We already have the chess pieces moving. Walters going, possibly Mbye too, Hastings on way, Brooks actually performing (for the moment), Madden developing well and icing on the cake Doueihi extremely capable as 5/8 too. We dont need him and should publicly say f*** off but in a nicer way (with all due respect to his Dad).

Cant see this happening in a month of Sundays. He snubbed us at the start of his career for Roosters and didnt give a fig. Now he is disposable his manager is sprukking fantasies- he wouldnt want to come here, nor would we want him. We already have the chess pieces moving. Walters going, possibly Mbye too, Hastings on way, Brooks actually performing (for the moment), Madden developing well and icing on the cake Doueihi extremely capable as 5/8 too. We dont need him and should publicly say f*** off but in a nicer way (with all due respect to his Dad).
Junior would understand if we sent his sprogs manager a photo of him chatting up fluffy that night.

Pezz70

Juniors
God I hope not!

Also not really excited about the Ken signing. It's really random since we have nofo, do we really need another slow winger who eats metres? I think it would have been nice to have a fast finisher

He seems to have quite a few errors in his game and was home sick last year. Oh well maybe he just needed a fresh start
Can’t beat big units at the back.

gordsy

Juniors
Big Ken isn't a shit signing but not exactly a good one either, if he was better in defence then I'd be excited.

Shredder

Juniors
Its interesting times here.

I had ruled a line through BJ for next year when we signed Gildard, but I had expected us to take up our option on Roberts given his low cost base. I prefer Roberts on the wing TBH and I think he gets lost a little in the centers.

Gildard isnt coming half way around the world to play reserve grade and with Ken being a seasoned first grader I dont expect him playing lower grades either. I think both of these signings were picked up to play NRL.

So with Doueihi now in the centers and with Hastings to come where are they going to play?

Choice in positions is not something we have ever really been renowned for. Its nice to have some depth.

Is Hastings really going to play lock? I highly doubt it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Big Ken isn't a shit signing but not exactly a good one either, if he was better in defence then I'd be excited.

We need outside backs. I'd prefer someone like JAC but I guess you aren't getting a winger like that for the price we paid for Ken.

I hope he kills it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Its interesting times here.

I had ruled a line through BJ for next year when we signed Gildard, but I had expected us to take up our option on Roberts given his low cost base. I prefer Roberts on the wing TBH and I think he gets lost a little in the centers.

Gildard isnt coming half way around the world to play reserve grade and with Ken being a seasoned first grader I dont expect him playing lower grades either. I think both of these signings were picked up to play NRL.

So with Doueihi now in the centers and with Hastings to come where are they going to play?

Choice in positions is not something we have ever really been renowned for. Its nice to have some depth.

Is Hastings really going to play lock? I highly doubt it.

I was thinking about the team make-up next year. It's going to be interesting.

Fullback:- Laurie
Wingers:- Nofo/Ken M/Roberts -- maybe Kepaoa as a back up or maybe he makes the team.
Centres:- Giddart, Roberts (I reckon he is a centre and not a winger), Talau, Kepaoa, Doueihi (or does he play in the halves)
Halves:- Brooks, Hastings, Doueihi, Mbye (or utility bench player)

I can't see Hastings playing lock either unless he is a bench utility. That might work.

We have some more depth in the halves and centres but I'm assuming we lose Mbye. I'd keep Mbye because I can't see us getting any value in releasing him.

It's similar to this year though in that we don't know how these guys will go. We don't have many players you know will perform. I actually think Brooks, Laurie, Nofo and Doueihi are the only sure picks and Brooks only on his recent form.

simmo1

First Grade
I don't mind the Maumalo signing. While I do think we lack pace in the backs, Ken offers plenty of metres per game, a strong finisher and a target man for cross field kicks. Has more attacking upside than both Talau and Roberts and not going to be worse defensively (I hope).

He's a much better signing than DWZ and Isaako.

Tigerm

First Grade
Maumalo, playing for Warriors today???
Not sure what’s going on, but a chance to watch him play if you haven’t seen him yet?

Latest posts