What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Chi wow waaz

Unfortunately this sounds like a very plausible explanation for today's performance.
Yes but our board is.

At least today has extinguished finally any hope I had that this team might be on way back this season or next, they have no spine for it, today was very clear.
Clear the lot out and put in a school boys team, they would play better.

jeffdragon

Bench
I have put off my comment for as long as possible but I just have to get it out otherwise I won’t sleep tonight .

They were damn disgusting ! We expected a win today, in fact a big win at that , at least I thought , but once again the team played miserable football , let every supporter down not to mention themselves.

No real enthusiasm whatsoever , no spark and certainty no will to win . Some of those players have no right to wear the Big Red V jersey . They have cocooned themselves into believing that they were world beaters after their win over the broncs , well the dogs brought them crashing back down to earth with an almighty thud - I do hope that it knocks some sense into them .

The bulldogs - good luck to them , they were the underdogs and no one wanted to back them , but if a team has self belief then that’s half the battle won . Hopefully ( I am sick to death of using that term when referring to the Dragons ) our boys will find the same and very quickly .
We have been soft and spineless for a long time now.

Crush

Coach
It’s time for Hook to get real now.
We’ve lost to Tigers twice, Sharks twice, now dogs. The only games we have won have been against weakened opponents missing their star players (Turbo,Ponga etc)
Time to mix it up.
If he is going down the path of Ramsey at fullback, Amone at 6 then do it now.
Our season is cooked anyway, it can’t be any worse?
And if it is worse, then they have time to recruit before next season.
No more Norman, Dufty. It’s over. See what we have in Amone, Ramsey before next year.

jeffdragon

Bench
This is true. The lack of energy just gives great confidence to the opposition to do as they please. The Dogs did exactly what I expected us to do to them. Play a simple game and take the opportunities when they arise for an easy win.

We allow clubs to do this.

When we beat Parra we were the ones showing urgency. Where's that gone?
I said this weeks ago that unless we keep going well those 4 wins mean ZERO

thebigredv

First Grade
We’ve lost to Tigers twice, Sharks twice, now dogs. The only games we have won have been against weakened opponents missing their star players (Turbo,Ponga etc)
Time to mix it up.

No more Norman, Dufty. It’s over. See what we have in Amone, Ramsey before next year.

Exactly right. If he is not willing to pull the trigger then it just goes to show he should have been more active on the market. If it doesn't work as he hoped then it gives a chance to go to market asap.

jeffdragon

Bench
Time to mix it up.
The panthers are reaping the rewards.
But don't thing it will happen at the dragons.
After all this is the dragons where things go down the toilet bowl quickly.

How many can we rest they are a disgrace to the jersey.

There's a lot of old boys from both clubs wondering what's happened. I thought we'd both be proud clubs forever. I got that wrong. This issue runs deep.
We were never going to be on top forever.
We were on top because in the 50's/60's/70's we had a successful business model that was ahead of it's time - as well as being innovative in respect to player recruitment and development, training and playing the game. Unfortunately, the successors of the likes Frank Facer didn't have the same acumen. Since the 90's we have been a chook raffle club compared to the likes of Easts, Brisbane, Melbourne and Souffs. I don't see that changing in the near future and, until we transform this, any success we have will be both relative and fleeting.

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Hook simply outcoached yet again

- matching now McFail’s worst efforts

... and how’s his judgment in facilitating the heaping of dogshit on his best attacking weapon for weeks & still expecting effort?

Duff’s clearly had enough of Hook after the relentless shameful abuse from all quarters

... then finally seeing the fraud that his mate Norman always was

... & FMD
telling him he’s finished, then playing him nevertheless today

Expecting diamonds?

... then giving his obvious replacement 5 minutes?

The psychology & man management is appalling.

Motivational skills?
None.
Sucker for journeymen?
Hell yeah!

This game has left Hook behind

Blood some juniors & enjoy your last year Anthony.

This Forum ain’t stupid mate.
Our club has a poor record with announcement timing

Dragons4me

Juniors
I have faith in Hook and co. They're making hard decisions now moving forward and I still think there's one more to be made. If Hunt is still around next year, I wouldn't have him in the halves. Sullivan and Amone are our future there. Maybe not yet, but our only chance of moving forward.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Bennett has no team next year, if we could get him back to the Dragons he would attract some quality players to the club. At the moment under Hook we will have to pay well overs to get any game breakers here.

jeffdragon

Bench
I have faith in Hook and co. They're making hard decisions now moving forward and I still think there's one more to be made. If Hunt is still around next year, I wouldn't have him in the halves. Sullivan and Amone are our future there. Maybe not yet, but our only chance of moving forward.
Sullivan's never playing always injured.

jeffdragon

Bench
We were never going to be on top forever.
We were on top because in the 50's/60's/70's we had a successful business model that was ahead of it's time - as well as being innovative in respect to player recruitment and development, training and playing the game. Unfortunately, the successors of the likes Frank Facer didn't have the same acumen. Since the 90's we have been a chook raffle club compared to the likes of Easts, Brisbane, Melbourne and Souffs. I don't see that changing in the near future and, until we transform this, any success we have will be both relative and fleeting.
Not saying on top but at least In the 8 giving joy to the fans not dishing out absolute rubbish,,they gave out today.