What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 15 vs Dogs | 2pm @ Bankwest

Gronk

Staff member
Penisini come on down. If BA was prepared to gamble on Jruthur, neglecting Penisinis recent form would be just wrong. Fergos reserve grade efforts show his time is past. Fingers crossed.
You want Penisini on the wing or would you push Waqa out to the wing ?

Gronk

Staff member
tipping Penisini to debut, named on the wing

wouldn’t be the first rookie centre to debut on the wing
I wouldn't when you have a player like Fergo ready to step up. Unless you are desperate to give an 18yo a debut as part of his development, I reckon you just need to be patient.

He also doesn't strike me as a very big player. Prolly the same stature as Mennings ?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wouldn't when you have a player like Fergo ready to step up. Unless you are desperate to give an 18yo a debut as part of his development, I reckon you just need to be patient.

He also doesn't strike me as a very big player. Prolly the same stature as Mennings ?

only because it’s the dogs, it’s a good opportunity to give him a chance, any top 8 side probably lean towards Fergo.

not sure of his size, but he has been making big metres in NSW cup. Averaging 148 m / approx 3rd being post contact. Last 3 weeks he has made 224, 180 and 194m (fergo has made 129 / 171)

Gazzamatta

Coach
You want Penisini on the wing or would you push Waqa out to the wing ?
Yeah either is an option but I reckon you make as few adjustments as necessary. It's a long while since Waqa has shown much. I'd hate to break his confidence. Many young fullbacks and centres debut on the wing. Its what I'd do but we will find out this afternoon. I was also impressed with Russell on the weekend and could not have been more disappointed with Fergo.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Arthur has made 1 hard decision this season, time to make another one and trial Pensini. Fergy Ferg ferg is past it. Time to look at England for him.

jk13

First Grade
yeah fergy can wait for 2 backline injuries/suspensions. lets see what the kid can do on the big stage

84 Baby

Referee
I think Penisini could be genuine chance. Fergo hasn’t been impressive in reggies.
I don’t think it’s an attitude (as in bad) issue, but you would hope his application would be obviously better

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
After watching Fergo last weekend you would have to query why anyone would promote him, especially if he's off next year.

I would really like to see Penisini debut in the centres and Blake on the wing but he would have to swap sides again. Penisini may get more support defense wise debuting outside Opacic so there is a case to argue for both.

Penisini and Blake defending together could be a problem.

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels v Canterbury Bulldogs, 2pm, Bankwest Stadium

Last week’s Eels team:
1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Tom Opacic 4. Waqa Blake 5. Haze Dunster 6. Dylan Brown 7. Mitchell Moses 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Joey Lussick 10. Junior Paulo 11. Isaiah Papali’i 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 14. Marata Niukore 15. Shaun Lane 16. Oregon Kaufusi 17. Bryce Cartwright

Team tips: Winger Maika Sivo is facing a 1-2 week suspension for high contact. It means axed flanker Blake Ferguson will almost certainly be recalled to the side, most likely lining up on his right wing and pushing Haze Dunster to the left. Hooker Reed Mahoney remains about a month out with a shoulder injury.

Last week’s Bulldogs team: 5. Nick Meaney 2. Nick Cotric 3. Will Hopoate 4. Aaron Schoupp 21. Tuipulotu Katoa 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Jake Averillo 8. Jack Hetherington 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Luke Thompson 11. Adam Elliott 12. Matt Doorey 13. Josh Jackson 14. Sione Katoa 15. Dylan Napa 16. Ava Seumanufagai 20. Corey Waddell 19. Kyle Flanagan

Team tips: Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett was impressed with Jeremy Marshall-King’s showing at hooker along with the display of Jake Averillo. Skipper Josh Jackson was sin-binned in the win over the Dragons but will be good to go given the on-field sanction was only for repeated ruck infringements rather than foul play. The coach said Dallin Watene-Zelezniak wouldn’t be rushed back from a knee injury. Watene-Zelezniak has also been linked with a move to the Warriors. Brad Deitz (hamstring) and Corey Allan (shoulder) are hoping to return this week.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t know if I’d move Waqa at moment. But I also don’t know if Penisini can play wing.
With Fergo, if he plays well enough do you redrop him or Dunster? Sivo doesn’t deserve to be dropped

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Penisini come on down. If BA was prepared to gamble on Jruthur, neglecting Penisinis recent form would be just wrong. Fergos reserve grade efforts show his time is past. Fingers crossed.
Yep, great opportunity to blood Penisini. Waqa Blake to the wing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

If we weren't playing the worst team in the comp you wouldn't experiment, but there's never been a better time, especially with the rest of the team at full strength.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
After watching Fergo last weekend you would have to query why anyone would promote him, especially if he's off next year.

I would really like to see Penisini debut in the centres and Blake on the wing but he would have to swap sides again. Penisini may get more support defense wise debuting outside Opacic so there is a case to argue for both.

Penisini and Blake defending together could be a problem.
Outside Moses too. It's a risk, but yolo.

Gronk

Staff member
You're all wrong !

Two debutants have been named for the Parramatta Eels to take on the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in Round 15.

Eels' 2021 Home Games Tickets

Sean Russell will make his NRL debut on the wing, after scoring eight games in 12 games in the Knock On Effect NSW Cup this season.

The 19-year-old is an Eels junior, who has played mostly at fullback and on the wing.

Teammate Nathaniel Roache will make his Club debut from the bench.

The 25-year-old previously played for the New Zealand Warriors, before joining the Eels in the 2021 pre-season.

1623736771813.png

Latest posts