What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Knights

I honestly wonder how CHT came through the grades so highly touted? He’s physical, decent support player - but seemingly physically incapable of basic halves tasks like kicking the ball high enough for a proper bomb, or passing the ball accurately? Like, how did no-one notice this when they decided to groom him as our next 7? Or since?
I don't think he has what it takes to be a half, to be honest. That was really brought home to me the other week when he was screaming for somebody to kick the ball into touch late in the game when quite clearly they needed to going for a field goal. His last tackle options near the line are also amongst the worst in the competition. It shows a complete lack of vision or creativity, and those are usually inherent skills rather than things you pick up along the way. He is not going to get any better.

On the other hand he is tough and defends well so there must be a position for him somewhere in the team, just not where he currently is.

JJ

Immortal
Jazz was probably watching the game last week chuffed to bits and telling anybody who would listen that the scoreline reflected his absence. Expect him to return without having learned anything at all from being dropped.
well of course, everyone knows that all opposition coaches plan carefully when Jazz plays, and breathe a huge sigh of relief when he's out...

Imagine the fear in Newcastle with Jazz at dummy half...

Blair

Coach
Jazz was probably watching the game last week chuffed to bits and telling anybody who would listen that the scoreline reflected his absence. Expect him to return without having learned anything at all from being dropped.
I had a gnarly dream about Jazz the other night.

We were in the GF, vs either the Panthers or Storm (I'm not quite sure which one. Actually, I think it was a combination of both), and scores were level with a few minutes left.

A Montoya kick-chase then resulted in a converted try for us! But it was only worth one point. Still, we were in front! Both Mooks and Brown were coaching us, with a minute or two left they signalled for a replacement to come on.

It was Jazz. The next set, and we're defending as if our lives are depending on it. Seconds left, final tackle, Panthers/Storm are about 25 metres out, centre field, but they've somehow stuffed up setting up for a field-goal! However, Jazz is in the tackle, with a couple of others. Complete it and we win.

But then the ref's arm goes up. Penalty, Panthers/Storm. Ref points to Jazz. Not sure what exactly for.

Last edited:

Penrose_11

Juniors
Just realised the game is the 5pm (NZ) game. Nice. Reckon a couple of late changes as well. Thinking Otukolo will come onto the bench and will play hooker in 2nd half. Also SOS named in starting Redcliffe team this week as well, so can’t see him playing both games

I had a gnarly dream about Jazz the other night.

We were in the GF, vs either the Panthers or Storm (I'm not quite sure which one. Actually, I think it was a combination of both), and scores were level with a few minutes left.

A Montoya kick-chase then resulted in a converted try for us! But it was only worth one point. Still, we were in front! Both Mooks and Brown were coaching us, with a minute or two left they signalled for a replacement to come on.

It was Jazz. The next set, and we're defending as if our lives are depending on it. Seconds left, final tackle, Panthers/Storm are about 25 metres out, centre field, but they've somehow stuffed up setting up for a field-goal! However, Jazz is in the tackle, with a couple of others. Complete it and we win.

But then the ref's arm goes up. Penalty, Panthers/Storm. Ref points to Jazz. Not sure what exactly for.
Grand finals were designed for people like Jazz. Missed overlap, penalty, Jazz would find a way to be the center of the conversation.

Latest posts