What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

WestyLife

First Grade
Maybe I'm missing something but with Ivan giving Spencer more minutes for fitness, dropping May, resting origin players I'm happy to eat my words on his decision making and trust Staines is still deserving to be on the wing for some reason.

chrisD

Coach
Staines is very lucky and Jennings more unlucky. f**k's going on with Leniu though, that could be him done at the club really, maybe he did something wrong off field but his agent would not be sitting on his hands after this, and after we just resigned him too.

GongPanther

Referee
I agree. I always like to win but the round 21 clash vs the Roosters will have more bearing than this game.
Hope to be going to that game at the SCG. Last time we played there was a prelim final in 1985 the week after we won our play-off for 5th spot V Manly. Needless to say, the Panthers players celebrated a little too hard in getting in the top 5 for the first time and were embarrassed by Parra only 4 days later by 38-6. Also have to keep in mind that was our 3rd game in one week in which that Manly game took everything out of us.

The_Frog

First Grade
Hope to be going to that game at the SCG. Last time we played there was a prelim final in 1985 the week after we won our play-off for 5th spot V Manly. Needless to say, the Panthers players celebrated a little too hard in getting in the top 5 for the first time and were embarrassed by Parra only 4 days later by 38-6. Also have to keep in mind that was our 3rd game in one week in which that Manly game took everything out of us.
I was at the first of those games, a 38-6 win over the Roosters at the Sports Ground, same score as the semi a week later.

The Manly game went for 100 minutes. It was their Grand Final. Parra only had to turn up.

Actually we've played at the SCG 3 times since then. '86 and '87, both vs Dragons, when they were using it as a home ground, and round 24 vs Roosters in 2019.

Last edited:

maple_69

Bench
Happy to see Ivan rotating the squad. We lost those two games because our depth guys haven’t had enough time in the team and we need to change that over the next month.
It’s hardly chopping and changing when our spine is cast in stone and we’re changing bench players and testing minutes/rotations. Don’t win the comp by slaughtering sides by 40 every week in June.
Glad May is out and now hoping for a irresistible performance from Tago.

mxlegend99

Referee
Size isn't the issue. Playing poorly is.

Lets compare him to JAC on the weekend

Staines:

10 runs.
73m gained.
3 tackle busts
5 tackles. 3 missed ( 1 led to a try)
2 errors

JAC

78m
3 tackle breaks
1 try
1 try assist
1 line break assist
9 tackles. 0 missed
0 errors

JAC even without the try and try assist is performing. No issue if the same could be said for Staines
JAC wouldn't have a try or try assist playing outside Momirovski with May at halfback though. Talk about crippling the right side attack.

Put Staines on the wing at Storm and he's near top of try scoring lists if not at the top. They create space for their wingers. Naden was good at it even. Couldn't tackle to save his life but he could find and create space.

franklin2323

Immortal
JAC wouldn't have a try or try assist playing outside Momirovski with May at halfback though. Talk about crippling the right side attack.

Put Staines on the wing at Storm and he's near top of try scoring lists if not at the top. They create space for their wingers. Naden was good at it even. Couldn't tackle to save his life but he could find and create space.

JAC played outside Momo and Brenko Lee last year.

Regardless it doesn't explain the errors in defence.

chrisD

Coach
Storm should have taught Momo how to f**k 2 on 1 situations like Crichton does and how to read defences like Naden, that's how players get rated around here.

Panther2021

Juniors

I think Naden a chance this wk to play right wing v Tupou for height purposes. Plus gives Staines a rest as a whole season starting to take it's toll and with a bye next wk itll be a fortnight off. Could be wrong just a hunch...

Kilkenny

Coach
Storm should have taught Momo how to f**k 2 on 1 situations like Crichton does and how to read defences like Naden, that's how players get rated around here.
There is a reason why you have so few likes from your over 11,000 posts and that is the 99% of your posts just put shit on every aspect of anything to do with our club.

Maybe you should assess your own contributions they don’t seem to rate to highly anywhere, never mind on our own forum.

Latest posts