What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Judiciary Charges

How many weeks for Mitchell

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • 4+

Votes: 27 90.0%

• Total voters

some11

Referee
I think the fallout from the media and players has unnerved everyone from the referees to the MRC. They really need to sit down and iron out the inconsistencies.
How about we just forget vlandys ever intervened in the first place.

The game is fundamentally nothing like it used to be, there's no contest anymore and then add in the lottery of a rogue send off/sin bin depending on the referee and what he had for breakfast.

blaza88z

Coach
Lol at slothfield and kent suddenly on the side of refs saying they are onLy human and will never be consistent! talk about changing their tune lol. Refs and charges are all over the place.

View attachment 49524

That would be true if they weren't taking advice from the bunker who I believe is usually the same 2-3 people, you'd think between them they'd have a base level of consistency

Finally we have something on the record about why some players can get Origin matches counted towards games served for suspension (source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/442fee1487af4cd16cf8438da88a7374) -

Some NRL players can serve bans in Origin games, and others can’t... this is why​

by Simon Brunsdon from Fox Sports@simonbrunsdon
June 16th, 2021 1:24 pm

NRL head of football Graham Annesley has cleared up why some NRL players are allowed to serve suspension games in State of Origin, while others are not.

There’s been confusion in rugby league circles after Victor Radley, Angus Crichton, and Josh Papalii were all served NRL bans on the eve of Origin selection.

All three players were allowed to use Origin I as one game on their record, thereby effectively reducing the penalty on their clubs by one game.

For Crichton and Papalii, it meant they were able to return to the NRL in Round 14 and both look set to play Origin II for NSW and Queensland respectively.

Radley copped a five-game ban and has already served three of those, including Origin I and two Roosters games.

On Tuesday, Annesley explained that all three players applied to the NRL judiciary chairman to make a declaration that Origin games be included in their individual suspension period.

The chairman, after asking both NSW and Queensland if those players would have been selected for Origin, decided to allow it.

“The chairman makes that decision based on evidence, it is entirely at his discretion,” Annesley said.

“Had they not been suspended players they would have been selected (for Origin).

“He doesn’t always provide that approval, and this has been happening for many years. Sometimes the information collected isn’t enough to convince him the player would have been selected to play in Origin, he has rejected some of those applications.”

Bizarrely, Annesley revealed the chairman decided Origin II will not count on Radley’s suspension, only Origin I.

That means Radley will be available for Roosters selection in Round 17, and for NSW Blues selection in Origin III to be played five days later.

The NRL also pointed out the Roosters and Raiders each had a bye in Round 13, the week before Origin I, meaning those players did not have a chance to soak up a suspension game that week.

Annesley claims that was taken into account when the chairman made his decision.

I'm not saying this is right wrong, just merely pointing it out is all.

Valheru

Coach
Finally we have something on the record about why some players can get Origin matches counted towards games served for suspension (source: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/442fee1487af4cd16cf8438da88a7374) -

I'm not saying this is right wrong, just merely pointing it out is all.

Saw this the other day.

The strange part is that Game 2 won't count for Radley.

It seems the fact both roosters and raiders had a bye prior to game 1 was the driving force behind SOO counting towards the suspension for those players.

johnny plath

Juniors
Saw this the other day.

The strange part is that Game 2 won't count for Radley.

It seems the fact both roosters and raiders had a bye prior to game 1 was the driving force behind SOO counting towards the suspension for those players.
What a crock of shit. Meanwhile Kotoni Staggs couldn't start his suspension for an off field incident until he was fit to resume playing again.... has that ever happened before.... like didn't Brent Naden serve a drug suspension in the off season and wouldn't miss a game if Penrith had selected him.

yobbo84

First Grade
3-4 games for a grade 1 anything is insane, despite whatever priors you may have. Just fine him $10k and get on with it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
3-4 games for a grade 1 anything is insane, despite whatever priors you may have. Just fine him $10k and get on with it.
His priors more than doubled his points, that's his fault. Without them he'd be missing one game, that's on him.

Timmah

Staff member
Interesting seeing a player like this get pummelled with fines and suspensions yet JWH ...
If he's not the most cited current player by the MRC over the course of his career, he'd be top two or three. This is an odd take.

Timmah

Staff member
Should have been rubbed out of the game years ago, he's a grub.
Permanently banned?

For what?

This is now legit the dumbest take I've seen. I agree he's a grub but "rubbing someone out of the game" because they're a grub isn't exactly due process or fair lol

Latest posts